Yooo, Kanye on Sway in the Morning. (updated)

is your listening to Nas for the singles, you're not actually listening to Nas. lol

Who does Nas actually portray himself as other than himself?

I said he hasn't put out a completely solid outing.

And again, if you're actually reading, I said I wouldn't be addressing (opening that can of worms) in this thread.

Is pretty clear to see a lot of these artists are influenced by the mans style...Kanye started the whole leather fiasco, all of a sudden dudes are dipped in leather all the way down to their underwear....ya can't take that away from this dude....

Man... In the hip hop world I guess. If that's what he's talking about cool. I forget sometimes that majority of NT is pretty much only into hip hop/urban culture. There's a lot more out there guys...

Maybe Kanye was regarded so highly in the hip hop/urban setting he thinks he can carry that over to other things. Frankly some of these fashion people he's trying to impress could care less what he's done in that arena. They don't care about hip hop fashion and they don't care about Kanye.

Kanye has rappers and hypebeasts dressing like him. Wow...what an accomplishment :lol:

Damn b...the man just wants to accomplish a dream and he ain't getting the support from his own people. I don't hear crazy, all I hear is "why?" "Just make music" "do it yourself ". It's crazy how human this dude is, no matter the status or money, there will always be obstacles if your not content. I really see son point.:smh:
it aint that we wouldnt support him
well i cant say i would support through spendingg my hard earned dollars
cause i havent really liked anything he has done fashion wise
but i would support him if he did his own thing in spirit
i always wanna see a man succeed in whatever they wanna do
but how he been coming across is just plain crazy
i mean look at that sway clip
sway kept his composure and all that
i dont know who else would have
he straight disrespected the man
do people really wanna do business with someone who has no self control
who just lashes out or pouts everytime something isnt going their way???
NO

dont let idiots who paid for a corner store white fool u into thinking he's a fashion icon
he isnt
u know what im a change that
"IN MY OPINION HE ISNT"
more than half his pairs of yeezys arnt even being worn :lol:
they been sitting in a closet waiting for prices to sky rocket

That's just one example, look at his collab with LV, things flew off the shelves, look at the yeezys....I'm not sure what other pair of Nikes will even compete with the amount of demand....and this is nike...this is LV...his latest project with APC, he also had every rapper dipped in Givenchy post WTT tour, he got ProtoJ wearing flannels as kilts.

yeah when this dude is not biting people like chanel or fendi he makes trash.

thats why his runway collection sucked, but sucked less the 2nd time around.

all the stuff they were going to release that sucked were given to collette to release.

i cant wait for this to drop with 3 stripes on the sleeves and people say its hot.

Is pretty clear to see a lot of these artists are influenced by the mans style...Kanye started the whole leather fiasco, all of a sudden dudes are dipped in leather all the way down to their underwear....ya can't take that away from this dude....

Man... In the hip hop world I guess. If that's what he's talking about cool. I forget sometimes that majority of NT is pretty much only into hip hop/urban culture. There's a lot more out there guys...

Maybe Kanye was regarded so highly in the hip hop/urban setting he thinks he can carry that over to other things. Frankly some of these fashion people he's trying to impress could care less what he's done in that arena. They don't care about hip hop fashion and they don't care about Kanye.

Kanye has rappers and hypebeasts dressing like him. Wow...what an accomplishment :lol:
idk man i preferred kanye when Cons ghost wrote for him
he seemed way more genuine of a person than back then
hard to describe
he just seems so manufactured now

NO

Yeah these high ranking execs at these brands ain't having that....if he was able to control his emotions and not see that coach that denied him off the squad in every exac that tells him, "chill kanye" he could probably get somewhere faster...these people are about money, but they want to be in control....why wouldn't they, is their brand.

But honestly in this day and age....who is a fashion icon if Kanye isn't?
Like i guess the artsy types will say Lady Gaga...but she doesn't start fashion trends like ye does....unless i missed the meat dress movement

But who else is there? Big desingers? They aren't really on tv often to be idolized like celebrities are.

Yo I get out a good amount and rarely see anyone copying these supposed trends Ye has started. I live in the DMV and I just don't see it. Maybe I need to be in NYC or Chi or something?

You guys been looking at the celebrities wearing heat and hypebeast thread too much.

I don't see Ye's fashion as a influence in the real world.

On Niketalk, on KTT, on the internet blogs, hip hop industry. Yeah he clearly has some influence.

Mass appeal? Hell no.

dont let idiots who paid for a corner store white fool u into thinking he's a fashion icon
he isnt
u know what im a change that
"IN MY OPINION HE ISNT"
more than half his pairs of yeezys arnt even being worn :lol:
they been sitting in a closet waiting for prices to sky rocket

That's just one example, look at his collab with LV, things flew off the shelves, look at the yeezys....I'm not sure what other pair of Nikes will even compete with the amount of demand....and this is nike...this is LV...his latest project with APC, he also had every rapper dipped in Givenchy post WTT tour, he got ProtoJ wearing flannels as kilts.
again i see more people trying to resell than actually wearing them

NO

Yeah these high ranking execs at these brands ain't having that....if he was able to control his emotions and not see that coach that denied him off the squad in every exac that tells him, "chill kanye" he could probably get somewhere faster...these people are about money, but they want to be in control....why wouldn't they, is their brand.
exactly and there MUST be a reason he hasnt started his own
he must not have that 100 million that people keep spouting out in the yeezy thread
like im sure he has money
but i dont think he has the amount of money that he can seek somehing into and provide an honest return
i dont think THAT many people consider him a fashion icon

Ye needs to just sit out for a while. Like if fashion is his focus then do concentrate and do just that. Lock your self in a room and design 5 shirts a day for 3 summers

But honestly in this day and age....who is a fashion icon if Kanye isn't?
Like i guess the artsy types will say Lady Gaga...but she doesn't start fashion trends like ye does....unless i missed the meat dress movement

But who else is there? Big desingers? They aren't really on tv often to be idolized like celebrities are.

Yo I get out a good amount and rarely see anyone copying these supposed trends Ye has started. I live in the DMV and I just don't see it. Maybe I need to be in NYC or Chi or something?

You guys been looking at the celebrities wearing heat and hypebeast thread too much.

I don't see Ye's fashion as a influence in the real world.

On Niketalk, on KTT, on the internet blogs, hip hop industry. Yeah he clearly has some influence.

Mass appeal? Hell no.
EXACTLY
i seen more people jumping on the vans bandwagon after the pack came out with that song about em than people tryna dress like kanye :lol:

One thing we can agree on is they all in it for $$$$$ it doesn't matter to the Execs running LV, Nike, Fendi if the money is coming from some young 19 year old who saved all his pennies to get it or some rich folk out in the suburbs, they put out a product and they want it to sell, put out a product and say Kanye x [jnsert high end brand] and that **** will sell out day 1.

^^^^^I agree. I know Kanye's stuff is limited but to this day, I have never seen a pair of Yeezy's either Nike or LV on the streets. Mind you I am hardly surrounded by people that dress like this anymore but I do walk downtown in SF a lot and even at that, I have never seen a pair. And even his whole style hasn't totally transcended to actual people. I know the leather pants thing is big but honestly it's no "trucker hat" or "all over print" that was big back in early 2000s.

NO

I think the thing with sway is more personal if anything. These two have a long relationship so I guess kanye was upset his "friend" was asking the same questions and saying the same thing that other "industry" ppl were saying. That's like your closes friend saying "nah b, just do what your good at, don't try new things" I just feel kanye should just stop trying to get other ppl to see the vision and just produce. He put it out there. Been trill, Pyrex and don c snap backs would all be under one umbrella if ye had his clothing line. Whether you hate it or not they moving units.

Yeah so? Like this is actually gonna last

You a wizard?...you live next door to them?...sounding a bit childish bro, I can understand not liking the man, but wishing for a broken home upon a child is not a good look.

Last edited:
Ye needs to just sit out for a while. Like if fashion is his focus then do concentrate and do just that. Lock your self in a room and design 5 shirts a day for 3 summers

I see what you did there

That's a Different World like Cree Summer's

^^^^^I agree. I know Kanye's stuff is limited but to this day, I have never seen a pair of Yeezy's either Nike or LV on the streets. Mind you I am hardly surrounded by people that dress like this anymore but I do walk downtown in SF a lot and even at that, I have never seen a pair. And even his whole style hasn't totally transcended to actual people. I know the leather pants thing is big but honestly it's no "trucker hat" or "all over print" that was big back in early 2000s.

Really??

Wow....

I've seen people with everything from his LV collab to his APC collab, Yeezy the whole 9 from NY to AZ. Shocked to hear that you don't see that in Frisco of all places.

I think one of my favorite artists' Trent Reznor said it best about Kanye, another of my favorite artists'......

"I know [Kanye] a bit," Reznor said. "He's come out to shows and we've had some humorous— I've listened to him talk backstage a few times. I can't say that we had a conversation. I find him an interesting character. Yeezus, I really love it. I think the sound of it is cool. I can't endorse what he's saying lyrically, but I will say that in terms of the role of the dangerous entertainer in 2013, nobody is beating him at that game. It feels like he might implode. Even if it is calculated to some degree, it feels rough on the edges in a way that I can appreciate. I'm glad he's out there. Consistently he's put out ahead-of-the-curve ****. He's definitely a talented guy."

I think the same. Kanye is gonna have a nervous breakdown. I'm all for the theatrics of it, but when you really believe you're a god, you're done.

Back
Top Bottom