You Can SAY There Isn't A Cultural Difference; But Why Is It.........

I have had steaks from medium rare to well done, and medium well is the best in a resturant. That being said I have personally cooked a well done steak that was still juicy and will always use the technique I used to make them that way personally.

roll.gif
@ the tartare.  boys is eating beef yogurt

on another note a lot of you dudes are tripping trying to come off as some upper echeleon elitists or something.  I mean seriously, how is somebody ignorant just because they like their steaks well done.  that would be assuming that we think people are consistently dying/getting sick from eating steaks because I'd willing to bet people who eat well done are in the minority.  so from a statistical point that doesnt even make sense.  why cant someone just like their steaks, burgers, whatever well done.  for me its just a mental barrier of seeing pink come out of food connected with the fact that I actually like my food to have a bit of toughness/crispness to it.  believe it or not, the mental connects to the enjoyment of your food. 

the worst part about this post is the entire premise of the conversation is racially motivated, so there's like this racial undertone that black folks are ignorant.  hell im not even sure its an undertone but w/e.   yall relax.  yall aint elite
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by cguy610

I always order well-done steak but that article by BBC that was posted may make me start ordering my steaks medium well. I always thought that the people that go less than well done were just willing to take bigger risks. I didn't know the whole "bacteria on the outside" info and how in ground beef, the bacteria is all throughout so it needs to be cooked all the way through.
laugh.gif
I swear some of yall live in a bubble...

bubble_boy_2-754379.jpg

I really can't believe someone suggested that steak sauce could compensate for a steak being over-cooked. It may taste "good," but I'm not going to overpay (which is what we all do when we eat at restaurants) a chef for it. That's like asking a stained glass master to whip up a generic windshield. Once I tasted a well-season medium steak, A1 Sauce got demoted to burger condiment.

Rare for me! I like my steak very tender with a lot of "blood".

Every bite is soft, moist, and very flavorful! That with mashed 'tatoes and various veggies is yuuummmyyy.

Originally Posted by fraij da 5 11

Originally Posted by cguy610

I always order well-done steak but that article by BBC that was posted may make me start ordering my steaks medium well. I always thought that the people that go less than well done were just willing to take bigger risks. I didn't know the whole "bacteria on the outside" info and how in ground beef, the bacteria is all throughout so it needs to be cooked all the way through.
laugh.gif
I swear some of yall live in a bubble...
LOL.  I didn't know the details of all that "bacteria" stuff.  I just knew that some steaks were much higher quality meat than hamburger, but I thought that red meat is red meat. 

I remember seeing news stories about people dying from eating undercooked hamburgers, so every time I ordered any red meat I was like, "I want it well done".  Plus, I know some people order their burgers medium well and stuff, so who knows.  Some people do just like to take them risks though. 

Originally Posted by J Dilla Himself

Originally Posted by waystinthyme

Originally Posted by thytkerjobs

i like my steak medium. when i worked at red lobster and asked "garden salad or caesar?" i could easily predict the answer.
hmm, i haven't heard this before...what's the general preference? i'm black and i like caesar.

-waystinthyme

Black= lemme get that caesar, baby girl
White= i would favor the garden salad, ma'am thank you
laugh.gif

bingo

i like caesar, btw.

Will be heading out to a local fine dining establishment in about a half hour, best believe steak will be on my plate weather its S&T, Filet, Strip, Prime Rib or Au Poivre.

Might snap a pic from my phone to show how i had it cooked...

Itll be mid rare-rare, depending on what im in the mood for when i order.

Back
Top Bottom