You can't win, even Tropicana Orange Juice contains junk

Originally Posted by CurbYourEnthusiasm

Originally Posted by 4U2C

1. The sugars in fruit is natural sugar which is not bad for you at all. Their is a difference in sugars just like natural protein.

THERE IS NO DIFFERENCE, ITS ALL FRUCTOSE...YOUR BODY CANT TELL IF ITS FROM A STRAWBERRY OR FROM SUGAR CANE, ITS THE SAME THING EITHER WAY..ITS FRUCTOSE, SUGAR FROM A FRUIT

Huge difference bro.
Stop spreading that misinformation. 

Originally Posted by goldenchild9

Originally Posted by 4U2C

1. The sugars in fruit is natural sugar which is not bad for you at all. Their is a difference in sugars just like natural protein.

THERE IS NO DIFFERENCE, ITS ALL FRUCTOSE...YOUR BODY CANT TELL IF ITS FROM A STRAWBERRY OR FROM SUGAR CANE, ITS THE SAME THING EITHER WAY..ITS FRUCTOSE, SUGAR FROM A FRUIT

Huge difference bro.

No. Your body can not tell the difference metabolically. Still digests and causes a release in insulin all the same. Insulin release = potential fat gain.

Originally Posted by newbuck

Huge difference bro.

No. Your body can not tell the difference metabolically. Still digests and causes a release in insulin all the same. Insulin release = potential fat gain.
He's talking about refined sugar cane in the form of table/refined sugar.
Your body can tell the difference immediately.

During the refining process the minerals, fiber and any other nutrients present in the sugar cane or sugar beets are stripped away. In order to metabolize sugar correctly, our body uses vitamins and minerals that act as co-factors (or helpers) in the chemical process. When we eat sugar that is void of these co-factors our bodies are required to use stored vitamins and minerals to process the sugar. This eventually can lead to deficiency and thus health problems. 

You can't feel the difference when you eat a candy cane vs eating an orange?

Thats not his point though.

His point, if I understand correctly; is that excess amounts of surgar will result in the same reaction by the body.

And he is correct. Excess sugar = you'll get fat.

His point, if I understand correctly; is that excess amounts of surgar will result in the same reaction by the body.

I've never seen anyone get fat from eating too much fruit.
Take 2 people, with similar health and genetic makeups...have 1 eat 200 grams of sugar a day sourced from natural whole foods, have the other intake 200 grams of refined sugar cane found in processed food...I'd bet my life that after a while their bodies would react in totally different manners.

and my parents always used to get on me for not drinking lots of orange juice (and milk).......they actually think with all this crap they eat healthy 
30t6p3b.gif

i dont know what to do. it seems impossible avoid now. our soils have already been stripped of all the nutrients

i'll be growing my own food this spring and shop at the markets but you cant do that for everything

are these brands bad too?

lakewood
rw knudsen
sodelicious coconut milk

frown.gif

Take 2 people, with similar health and genetic makeups...have 1 eat 200 grams of sugar a day sourced from natural whole foods, have the other intake 200 grams of refined sugar cane found in processed food...I'd bet my life that after a while their bodies would react in totally different manners.

If you throw a dozen apples in to a massive juicer and chug the end product, you'll probably see an adverse reaction by your body. (flab)Fructose is fructose. It is a simple carb and enters the blood quickly and causes a spike in insulin. Too much, too often = unhealthy. I think that's the gist of the debate here.

If you throw a dozen apples in to a massive juicer and chug the end product, you'll probably see an adverse reaction by your body. (flab)Fructose is fructose. It is a simple carb and enters the blood quickly and causes a spike in insulin. Too much, too often = unhealthy. I think that's the gist of the debate here.
That might be so but the added impurities and chemicals added to the processed juice would surely be even worse, which I thought was the topic of the thread.

If you're juicing a dozen apples, you're doing it wrong to begin with. As with anything, moderation is key.

For example, today my breakfast was (all organic & local):

1 Orange, 4-5 strawberries, handful of grapes and blueberries and handful of parsley.

Mixed w/ mineral water.

Originally Posted by NooEra

Smh
30t6p3b.gif

It's gonna have to be strictly water and 40oz. From here on out

roll.gif

gin and juice for me tho....

....which i guess brings us back to the topic at hand....

cosmic

Originally Posted by bboi4lif3

Originally Posted by KayCurrency

Yeah, That Simply Orange stuff is good as hell... Come to think of it, All of the "Simply" juices are good as hell...
You havent tried Simply Grapefruit I'm assuming 
laugh.gif
 Why the heck did moms pick that up is beyond me

Finished reading this thread yesterday and instantly saw a new commercial for some new type of Tropicana juices with half as much sugars and stuff. They"re here.. 
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by shottadru718

Originally Posted by whyhellothere

4762096441_8b4b1b8e8b_z.jpg
>>tropicana anyway.
they can put what ever cancer causing smallpox bs they want in this, i'm still drinking it until im 6 feet under 
pimp.gif
Mad sugar and some legal form of crack in Simply products

Just did some research. I was at the grocery store and read online about Tropicana. They use imported oranges from Brazil and guess who else do. YES Simply Orange. Says it on the bottle. So no more simply orange for me. Keep drinking if you want but its the same ol junk

I found out the best OJ is Florida's Natural so that's what i will be using. Farmers make it. [color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]As it says on box, oranges not imported![/color]
http://www.floridasnatura.../co-op/meet-the-growers/

images

Back
Top Bottom