You Think You Bout That Life? "That Life" Is Gettin' 115 Years At Age 17...

Originally Posted by puddinpopp

appeal court case for Burno v United States....

http://caselaw.findlaw.co...-of-appeals/1329586.html

good read

As sorry as we may feel for Bruno for not knowing who his father was, the environment he grew up in, and all the other hood ills that make your heart ache...
...he did shoot a cop in the back of the head though.

One of my complaints about the documentary is that the cop didn't get enough camera time - I'm sure he had a lot to say...

Originally Posted by puddinpopp

appeal court case for Burno v United States....

http://caselaw.findlaw.co...-of-appeals/1329586.html

good read

As sorry as we may feel for Bruno for not knowing who his father was, the environment he grew up in, and all the other hood ills that make your heart ache...
...he did shoot a cop in the back of the head though.

One of my complaints about the documentary is that the cop didn't get enough camera time - I'm sure he had a lot to say...

Originally Posted by SpeakUp23

Damn @ when the last dude says "our generation died when our fathers were born"
30t6p3b.gif
tired.gif

I tell people about that quote all the time. He was a smart kid.

Originally Posted by SpeakUp23

Damn @ when the last dude says "our generation died when our fathers were born"
30t6p3b.gif
tired.gif

I tell people about that quote all the time. He was a smart kid.

Originally Posted by Mo Matik

Originally Posted by ricky409

Wow Andre is intelligent. It's depressing, watching him talk about the whole situation with such insight and perception at 16 years old.

It's this environment of haves and have nots in a country that has everything.

Combine that with a quick and easy means to becoming one of the elite in the form of the illegal drug trade, and the competition to the top becomes deadly. Not only is your immediate society encouraging competition, but the entire country is. From rappers, to athletes, to movie stars.
I dont think it was about intelligence, but more about recognizing the situation he was in. I think the smartest in the entire piece was the prison guard.

"i'm not going to say 'hope you do well. hope this straightened you out'.... i'm gonna say 'see you back in here n____!'"

i was like
eek.gif
.. not because of what he said, but because how much truth it has.

Its crazy because people think some folks get off easy, but the truth of the matter is the system UNDERSTANDS THAT THEM N_____ ARE COMING BACK...

i dont know the numbers on it, but i know a high percentage of folks who go to jail return with in a certain amount of years.
He's intelligent because he can see the truth from his perspective.  It's easy for the security guard to accept the reality of the situation, because it's his job. 

Andre and many like him are quick to blame the man, blame others, etc.  He can see past those pitfalls.  But even then he realizes that it's not black people bringing the drugs here.  He also gets past the pitfall of just agreeing with your peers.

It's those kind of abilities that makes leaders, with the proper guidance.

true...

cannot even deny anything you said, fams...

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by ricky409

Wow Andre is intelligent. It's depressing, watching him talk about the whole situation with such insight and perception at 16 years old.

It's this environment of haves and have nots in a country that has everything.

Combine that with a quick and easy means to becoming one of the elite in the form of the illegal drug trade, and the competition to the top becomes deadly. Not only is your immediate society encouraging competition, but the entire country is. From rappers, to athletes, to movie stars.
I dont think it was about intelligence, but more about recognizing the situation he was in. I think the smartest in the entire piece was the prison guard.

"i'm not going to say 'hope you do well. hope this straightened you out'.... i'm gonna say 'see you back in here n____!'"

i was like
eek.gif
.. not because of what he said, but because how much truth it has.

Its crazy because people think some folks get off easy, but the truth of the matter is the system UNDERSTANDS THAT THEM N_____ ARE COMING BACK...

i dont know the numbers on it, but i know a high percentage of folks who go to jail return with in a certain amount of years.
He's intelligent because he can see the truth from his perspective.  It's easy for the security guard to accept the reality of the situation, because it's his job. 

Andre and many like him are quick to blame the man, blame others, etc.  He can see past those pitfalls.  But even then he realizes that it's not black people bringing the drugs here.  He also gets past the pitfall of just agreeing with your peers.

It's those kind of abilities that makes leaders, with the proper guidance.

true...

cannot even deny anything you said, fams...

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Remember seeing this when i was little
HBO need to do a follow up to this like they did with the little rock documentory
but dont think that will happen cuz i think i read somewhere that HBO had to PERMANANTLY shelve this film cuz the Clinton Administation didnt like the way the nations cap was being portrayed
thats y u've neva seen HBO re-air this doc like they do all the other American Undercover documentories

Remember seeing this when i was little
HBO need to do a follow up to this like they did with the little rock documentory
but dont think that will happen cuz i think i read somewhere that HBO had to PERMANANTLY shelve this film cuz the Clinton Administation didnt like the way the nations cap was being portrayed
thats y u've neva seen HBO re-air this doc like they do all the other American Undercover documentories

Back
Top Bottom