You want to know more about the drug war? Here you go.

Things just got even realer.. on the first page no less.
30t6p3b.gif

Silly putty is taking too long to come up with a reply. Get ready for the greatest colorful wall of text EVAR
smokin.gif
nerd.gif
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by Method Man

Its amazing how much of this stuff is in the public domain and you all REFUSE to look it up. just looked it up today.
It's amazing how much you enjoy scolding people for failing to know about things you just learned yourself.  (The 18th must've been especially rough on you.  No reddit, no wikipedia, and no NikeTalk to preach about what you read on reddit and wikipedia!)  
"Oh, de beers GOT Y'ALL AGAIN!"  "SOPA isn't the only act to threaten the Internet, you simpletons!"  "The CIA sold drugs to the ghetto!  How could you poor, blind fools not know about this?!"  Oh, but not you, right?  You're one step ahead... of the people you're insulting.  

The only problem is that many people DO know about these things.  They have for years now.  All of these topics have even been posted on NikeTalk before - multiple times.  (Yes, even net neutrality.)

If you want to talk about these subjects, great, but do yourself a favor and drop the condescension.  It's getting old. 

QFT
meth just nuked OP
eek.gif
laugh.gif

Before I even saw Meth's reply, I was thinking to myself "did silly/dame/Optimus just get the Internet?". Bruh....you're maaaaaaaad late to the party with this info.

Originally Posted by ohboydanny

Silly putty is taking too long to come up with a reply. Get ready for the greatest colorful wall of text EVAR
smokin.gif
nerd.gif
eyes.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
i cant believe this thread has been brought back

Yeah, as if this was news when it was posted the first time.
Admittedly, I should've looked at the original timestamp before commenting.  
It's not the latest case to fit the pattern, but if you place it next to any of his recent threads the point still stands.

Yo Meth you need to hit the ignore button on Sillyputty. He reallly grinds your gears 
laugh.gif

Unfortunately, admins can't really "ignore" users if they're to fulfill their responsibilities effectively. 

We get a ton of complaints about this guy, he's been banned multiple times for trolling, and yet, so far, he's refused to change his approach.  We even scaled his topic limit down to 1, his post limit down to 30 (yeah, 30) after admitting his current account and you can see how effective that's been.

He seemingly comes here EVERY DAY from wikipedia/reddit, hits Ctrl-V, and acts like he's dazzling the savages with his wondrous marvels of modern science.  I don't know if he's really that contemptuous of everyone who isn't him, or if he just does it to pick fights with people.  Either way, it's gone on far too long already.  It's like he comes here specifically to pick on NikeTalk users.  If his goal were to inform (however belated this information may be), you'd think he'd take a different tack.   

You can have discussions on all his favorite topics without the hostility.  Those who've been around the block a few times have already seen it done.  If he wants to stick around, he'll have to figure out how to have a civil discussion with people.  (Hint: it doesn't entail endless memes and mockery.)  I'm not sure what more I can do to get the message through at this point.  Hopefully, the only threads like this we'll see from him in the future will be those that have been similarly exhumed.

Bottom line: 

On NikeTalk, every member is to be treated with respect.  You don't get to treat people like idiots until they "prove" themselves "worthy" of common courtesy.  

Post limit 30? Thats cold. I've only been here two months but he doesnt seem that bad to me. Hes just like everyone else on the internet, in his mind hes right and everyone else is wrong and hes gotta show you why. You guys would know better than I would though

This dude sp is interesting, always so vocal with the nose down lectures and that online bravado but no buns. Not that it discredits him completely, but it is of note. Can easily command thousands online but can't master the most basic human of needs and interaction. Buns. Son should make his next thread about that.

i rock with SP on the conspiracy tip from time to time, but he does come off a bit combative every now and then too.

i lied when i said "a bit".

Yeah, as if this was news when it was posted the first time.
Admittedly, I should've looked at the original timestamp before commenting.  
It's not the latest case to fit the pattern, but if you place it next to any of his recent threads the point still stands.

Yo Meth you need to hit the ignore button on Sillyputty. He reallly grinds your gears 
laugh.gif

Unfortunately, admins can't really "ignore" users if they're to fulfill their responsibilities effectively. 

We get a ton of complaints about this guy, he's been banned multiple times for trolling, and yet, so far, he's refused to change his approach.  We even scaled his topic limit down to 1, his post limit down to 30 (yeah, 30) after admitting his current account and you can see how effective that's been.

He seemingly comes here EVERY DAY from wikipedia/reddit, hits Ctrl-V, and acts like he's dazzling the savages with his wondrous marvels of modern science.  I don't know if he's really that contemptuous of everyone who isn't him, or if he just does it to pick fights with people.  Either way, it's gone on far too long already.  It's like he comes here specifically to pick on NikeTalk users.  If his goal were to inform (however belated this information may be), you'd think he'd take a different tack.   

You can have discussions on all his favorite topics without the hostility.  Those who've been around the block a few times have already seen it done.  If he wants to stick around, he'll have to figure out how to have a civil discussion with people.  (Hint: it doesn't entail endless memes and mockery.)  I'm not sure what more I can do to get the message through at this point.  Hopefully, the only threads like this we'll see from him in the future will be those that have been similarly exhumed.

Bottom line: 

On NikeTalk, every member is to be treated with respect.  You don't get to treat people like idiots until they "prove" themselves "worthy" of common courtesy.  

Thank you, really thank you. Every damn time I see him post, i actually want to give the guy a chance and have an argument with him, typing 2 or 3 parargraph responses but then I'm like nah f that, after reading his responses. He dismisses and treats others as if they were his students rather than an equal, or a member of a community.

Its amazing how much of this stuff is in the public domain and you all REFUSE to look it up. just looked it up today.
It's amazing how much you enjoy scolding people for failing to know about things you just learned yourself.  (The 18th must've been especially rough on you.  No reddit, no wikipedia, and no NikeTalk to preach about what you read on reddit and wikipedia!)  
"Oh, de beers GOT Y'ALL AGAIN!"  "SOPA isn't the only act to threaten the Internet, you simpletons!"  "The CIA sold drugs to the ghetto!  How could you poor, blind fools not know about this?!"  Oh, but not you, right?  You're one step ahead... of the people you're insulting.  

The only problem is that many people DO know about these things.  They have for years now.  All of these topics have even been posted on NikeTalk before - multiple times.  (Yes, even net neutrality.)

If you want to talk about these subjects, great, but do yourself a favor and drop the condescension.  It's getting old. 

Successful grave dig is successful. 
eek.gif
pimp.gif

nerd.gif
 Grave digging's cool right, when you're requesting information? Should have made another thread? 
nerd.gif

Grave digging's cool right, when you're requesting information? Should have made another thread? 
nerd.gif
If the request for information were legitimate, yes.  In your case?  No.  
Consider yourself warned.  

I expect ALL users to treat one another with respect - and as long as "silly putty" is a member here that includes him, too.  "He started it" wasn't a valid excuse when you were a child and it's not a valid excuse now.  I don't care if you guys had an argument in another thread (under the circumstances, I'd be more surprised if that weren't the case), that doesn't mean it's okay to "troll a troll" etc.  That only makes things worse.  

Post limit 30? Thats cold.

He's made 2,908 posts since September 1st.  Odds are, the only reason he isn't posting right now is because he hit the limit in the "good guy Lucifer" thread. (Yeah, imagine that.) 

laugh.gif
sillyputty spends his life on NT trying to disprove God whom he doesn't believe exists in the first place
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif

I thought I was the only one who practically despised the kid despite him providing some good info from time to time. He is very annoying like a house fly.

All the dude does is copy and paste stuff off the internet, but people let it get to them WAY too easily when he talks about the god subject

It's amazing how much you enjoy scolding people for failing to know about things you just learned yourself.  

When did I learn about Barry Seal and Iran Contra situation? 

Was it the day I posted the topic? That week? That month? 2011? 

It was 2000 MethodMan. I was like 12 or something. I used to ride home listening to alternative radio with my dad from school. My dad isn't from the US so he'd tell me a bunch of stuff that the US would do outside the country and how a bunch of US citizens didn't even know what happened. I grew up around people that liked to put me on game of a lot of stuff and encourage me to soak up random trivia. I don't take the time to reveal literally everything I do, know, or think. NT is just a place for me to talk about random stuff. There was a post around that time that spoke on secret government conspirators or something of the sort on General and I wanted to share my input. 

Was it to say that no one had ever heard of Mr. Seal? No. Not at all. That would be asinine. Thats like getting mad at a 5 year old for not knowing who Sirhan Sirhan is, or George Jung, if we're keeping the context.

The "I can't believe more people don't talk about this" was to say "I wish more people knew about the roles that such people have played in these events"

Nothing more.

Nothing less.

I honestly feel like you're taking your liberties in extracting additional meaning here.

But its not like it matters. You've assumed that because I post something...anything, that its something I just learned. And not only that, you're so convinced of the assertion that you don't take any other timeline into account.

(The 18th must've been especially rough on you.  No reddit, no wikipedia, and no NikeTalk to preach about what you read on reddit and wikipedia!)

Is this the same condescension i'm being accused of?
And this also brings up another interesting point.

Does the fact that I refer to news aggregators like reddit, boing boing, alltop, mashable, etc., negate the validity or relevance of their content when used in context? Its as if I should only post original editorials that I get published in the NYTimes or the Economist. 

"Oh, de beers GOT Y'ALL AGAIN!"  

I didn't like the marketing of diamonds and shared my thoughts on that. You act like I just learned about the diamond conspiracy last week.
"SOPA isn't the only act to threaten the Internet, you simpletons!"

Not only did I NOT say that, I referenced another act (ACTA) that was being voted on that currently had NO information about it on NT. 
Comments from threads on SOPA and PIPA revealed people with the same sentiments that "they would only repackage the bill and try to sneak it in another way"

I don't see any sort of snobbery there.

"The CIA sold drugs to the ghetto!  How could you poor, blind fools not know about this?!"

Some do. Some don't. I knew. Wanted to share and talk about it.

Some people said they didnt believe their governments would do that. I presented evidence to the contrary.

Oh, but not you, right?  You're one step ahead... of the people you're insulting.

I'm "insulting" people now? Where did I lodge an attack against the character or status of any other poster in this thread? if I recall this was about the involvement of Barry Seal, an admitted double agent and his role in smuggling drugs through airports.

So if net neutrality gets spoken about, albeit different forms and bills regarding it, then why the separate threads on SOPA and PIPA? Net Neutrality has been discussed for over a decade then?

But when I post a thread about the ACTA bill, something that there was no info on here about, then I'm beating a dead horse?

In all honesty, I don't see where I said anything "condescending" in this thread.
I said that I think its important for people to know who Barry Seal is, what he did, what he was apart of, and how that affects all of us as competent citizens. Thats all this ever was about.

Thats it.

People DO refuse to look this stuff up because they think that it could never happen and I think that even teaching, or in YOUR case reminding, ourselves about it makes us a more aware citizenry.

Hank Moody has an awesome thread about iTunes U...but I don't see anyone complaining that iTunes is probably the most used piece of software EVER. Who wouldn't know what iTunes is? But when I try to bring up some names of some lesser known (because lets be serious, Barry Seal doesn't have the ring of say... Oliver North) names in history, then I'm the instigator.

There was no provocation towards or between anyone in the thread what so ever even by other posters or when the thread had died off. ...But then what happened?

Originally Posted by Mark Antony

This dude sp is interesting, always so vocal with the nose down lectures and that online bravado but no buns. Not that it discredits him completely, but it is of note. Can easily command thousands online but can't master the most basic human of needs and interaction. Buns. Son should make his next thread about that.
Wait what? 

You're making wild assumptions on my perceived social mobility and thoughts that are manifested only in my head as being indicative of how I carry myself in person? 

Hilarious.

Originally Posted by Big J 33

Meth beat me to it, before you even presented the information you were already mocking your audience with insults and condescension. If you want to present a message, that's a positive.. but your delivery automatically puts people in the defensive, it doesn't yield a productive discussion. ESPECIALLY since you're not engaging in a direct debate with a person, this is the opening post and you're already firing shots.

It distracts from the content.
Of course Meth beat you to it, you didn't say anything until HE said something. You had about two months to do it. 

Thats rather ironic...but I know that correlation doesn't equal causation...I won't go down that slippery slope... 

As of yet you haven't even discussed the topic of the thread, but would rather make an argument where there wasn't one and assume your own context.

I didn't see any problems with any of the other posters until Method Man said something. Then all of a sudden people come flying out of the woodworks to get their turn flogging the whipping boy.

I'd love to continue talking about Barry Seal, something that everyone before Meth didn't have a problem discussing in this thread.

Originally Posted by slickp42189

Patrick Bateman wrote:
Method Man wrote:
It's amazing how much you enjoy scolding people for failing to know about things you just learned yourself.  (The 18th must've beenespecially rough on you.  No reddit, no wikipedia, and no NikeTalk to preach about what you read on reddit and wikipedia!)  

If you want to talk about these subjects, great, but do yourself a favor and drop the condescension.  It's getting old. 
That Atheist swag 
pimp.gif

LMAO let that boy cook, haha, no but seriously i always think the same thing meth. like this dude really thinks he leaps ahead of everyone, honestly this guy has NEVER posted anything i havent already known

OK. 
And?

I fail to see how this actually means something. Congrats. Wow. You knew. You win! Moving on then.

But wait, you're the standard for general knowledge around here, so we'll go by your standard then. Good. At least its clear now.

Lets be consistent here. Is this grounds for participating in the thread topic or is this grounds for trolling (by definition) of posting off topic material?

Because honestly your post isn't even on topic with the first 3/4 of the original thread started in November.

Originally Posted by OneSole

Its amazing how much of this stuff is in the public domain and you all REFUSE to look it up. just looked it up today.
THANK YOU!
Anymore I just stop reading in threads where sillyputty posts. 

More power to you. I wish you well and hope you have a great beginning to your work-week.
Its a shame that a point is lost because of a subjective bias. But hey, not everything, is for every one.

Its amazing how Screen Names elicit such visceral emotions. 

smokin.gif

nerd.gif

eyes.gif
I...do actually do other things...
laugh.gif

For instance I had a date with this for a few hours brushing up on some things... 

001d89a9_medium.jpeg

Originally Posted by B Smooth 202

laugh.gif
 sillyputty spends his life on NT trying to disprove God whom he doesn't believe exists in the first place 
laugh.gif

30t6p3b.gif

I thought I was the only one who practically despised the kid despite him providing some good info from time to time. He is very annoying like a house fly.
Interesting sentence you have here.

Originally Posted by WITNESSkb24

All the dude does is copy and paste stuff off the internet, but people let it get to them WAY too easily when he talks about the god subject
This is hilarious to me.

It honestly is.

If I pull something from another site to make a point, even though i've read it myself in entirety, AND suggest sources for others to use, that some-how negates the point I make?

Not to mention that even if I make EVERYTHING I post, originally (of which a fair amount of it is)...it still makes the same point!

OK. From now on, I suggest everyone to have their own original sources and to NEVER refer to anything outside of their own knowledge and experience.

Using resources...on the internet...is now grounds for having an argument being invalidated? ...Yeah that makes tons of sense.

So now that we all are done (by definition) TROLLING the thread by having off topic discussions loaded with ad-hominems and various assortments of baseless character assessments and critiques, as well as vapid and unsubstantiated personal assumptions...

...Can we talk get back to talking about Barry Seal and his involvement in the drug trade and what his story means for current/future US drug policy?

I don't literally aim to be controversial, and I've actually made a few friends on NT. I get a lot of PMs from people and I appreciate their points, especially those who disagree with me. I like it here and I value the variety of input here. At least I can chalk it up as gained perspective. However, if the attempt is to say that you don't like how I express myself or even more absurd, "my sources"
sick.gif
 by literally trolling a COMPLETELY unrelated thread, then what does that say about everyone else? I mean lets be honest. If its a thread about religion? Then i'm talking about religion. If its a thread on science, I'm chopping it up with science. If its a thread on politics, I'm right there reading polling stats. If its a thread on something I have no clue or opinion about, you won't catch me in there. Am I then free to report everyone for trolling my Barry Seal (and by proxy iran-contra) thread, or is this going to get renamed to the SillyPutty hate-therapy session? You don't see me literally attacking other posters. You don't see me stooping down to personal attacks. You don't see me neglecting to address the central point of counter-arguments. Do I joke? Hell yeah I do. But I try to do so in a way that doesn't offend people THAT much. I know that joking tends to cut more deeply than say talking about policy or things of that nature. Like I said...You've got to give me a little more credit that that. I like sharing info and I like talking about it. If you've seen it before, Cool. If you haven't? Cool. I find it remarkably ironic that I'm being called a troll...do I not stay on topic in the threads that I post? In the thread about the "good guy lucifer MEME thread" did I once NOT talk about the topic of discussion and personally address each and every counter-point? Is that trolling or is that "we don't like what you say?" There is no consistency here. Dudes rag on Ninjahood since he doesn't claim to be "black," is he trolling because thats something he always says in race threads? I see the same names in religious threads, are they trolling? I see the same names in the jewelry threads, are they trolling? No. They're staying ON TOPIC, NOT using personal attacks and they're NOT using their arguments as opportunities to bring up outside issues. In as much as other have different views on Kobe and Lebron, I have my fair share of opinions on other topics. I make sure that I continually abide by the rules and that I support the community whenever I can. However I do not see a need to hold my tongue in being critical or expressing my disdain for a topic. It doesn't violate any rules in doing so, does it?

Heres the main point. Do I try to be condescending and offensive? No, not really. I actually try to get my point across without appealing to emotion...so I guess that makes it come across more brash than need be. I could work on that. But its by no means intentional. I'm sorry if anyone take things that way...as its how they take it.  I'll try to be more mindful of "feelings" in light of presenting things that aren't really rooted in emotion, like this topic...which is based on literal history. 

Originally Posted by sillyputty

Method Man wrote:
It's amazing how much you enjoy scolding people for failing to know about things you just learned yourself.  

When did I learn about Barry Seal and Iran Contra situation? 

Was it the day I posted the topic? That week? That month? 2011? 

It was 2000 MethodMan. I was like 12 or something. I used to ride home listening to alternative radio with my dad from school. My dad isn't from the US so he'd tell me a bunch of stuff that the US would do outside the country and how a bunch of US citizens didn't even know what happened. I grew up around people that liked to put me on game of a lot of stuff and encourage me to soak up random trivia. I don't take the time to reveal literally everything I do, know, or think. NT is just a place for me to talk about random stuff. There was a post around that time that spoke on secret government conspirators or something of the sort on General and I wanted to share my input. 

Was it to say that no one had ever heard of Mr. Seal? No. Not at all. That would be asinine. Thats like getting mad at a 5 year old for not knowing who Sirhan Sirhan is, or George Jung, if we're keeping the context.

The "I can't believe more people don't talk about this" was to say "I wish more people knew about the roles that such people have played in these events"

Nothing more.

Nothing less.

I honestly feel like you're taking your liberties in extracting additional meaning here.

But its not like it matters. You've assumed that because I post something...anything, that its something I just learned. And not only that, you're so convinced of the assertion that you don't take any other timeline into account.

(The 18th must've been especially rough on you.  No reddit, no wikipedia, and no NikeTalk to preach about what you read on reddit and wikipedia!)

Is this the same condescension i'm being accused of?
And this also brings up another interesting point.

Does the fact that I refer to news aggregators like reddit, boing boing, alltop, mashable, etc., negate the validity or relevance of their content when used in context? Its as if I should only post original editorials that I get published in the NYTimes or the Economist. 

"Oh, de beers GOT Y'ALL AGAIN!"  

I didn't like the marketing of diamonds and shared my thoughts on that. You act like I just learned about the diamond conspiracy last week.
"SOPA isn't the only act to threaten the Internet, you simpletons!"

Not only did I NOT say that, I referenced another act (ACTA) that was being voted on that currently had NO information about it on NT. 
Comments from threads on SOPA and PIPA revealed people with the same sentiments that "they would only repackage the bill and try to sneak it in another way"

I don't see any sort of snobbery there.

"The CIA sold drugs to the ghetto!  How could you poor, blind fools not know about this?!"

Some do. Some don't. I knew. Wanted to share and talk about it.

Some people said they didnt believe their governments would do that. I presented evidence to the contrary.

Oh, but not you, right?  You're one step ahead... of the people you're insulting.

I'm "insulting" people now? Where did I lodge an attack against the character or status of any other poster in this thread? if I recall this was about the involvement of Barry Seal, an admitted double agent and his role in smuggling drugs through airports.

So if net neutrality gets spoken about, albeit different forms and bills regarding it, then why the separate threads on SOPA and PIPA? Net Neutrality has been discussed for over a decade then?

But when I post a thread about the ACTA bill, something that there was no info on here about, then I'm beating a dead horse?

In all honesty, I don't see where I said anything "condescending" in this thread.
I said that I think its important for people to know who Barry Seal is, what he did, what he was apart of, and how that affects all of us as competent citizens. Thats all this ever was about.

Thats it.

People DO refuse to look this stuff up because they think that it could never happen and I think that even teaching, or in YOUR case reminding, ourselves about it makes us a more aware citizenry.

Hank Moody has an awesome thread about iTunes U...but I don't see anyone complaining that iTunes is probably the most used piece of software EVER. Who wouldn't know what iTunes is? But when I try to bring up some names of some lesser known (because lets be serious, Barry Seal doesn't have the ring of say... Oliver North) names in history, then I'm the instigator.

There was no provocation towards or between anyone in the thread what so ever even by other posters or when the thread had died off. ...But then what happened?

Originally Posted by Mark Antony

Wait what? 

You're making wild assumptions on my perceived social mobility and thoughts that are manifested only in my head as being indicative of how I carry myself in person? 

Hilarious.

Originally Posted by Big J 33

Meth beat me to it, before you even presented the information you were already mocking your audience with insults and condescension. If you want to present a message, that's a positive.. but your delivery automatically puts people in the defensive, it doesn't yield a productive discussion. ESPECIALLY since you're not engaging in a direct debate with a person, this is the opening post and you're already firing shots.

It distracts from the content.
Of course Meth beat you to it, you didn't say anything until HE said something. You had about two months to do it. 

Thats rather ironic...but I know that correlation doesn't equal causation...I won't go down that slippery slope... 

As of yet you haven't even discussed the topic of the thread, but would rather make an argument where there wasn't one and assume your own context.

I didn't see any problems with any of the other posters until Method Man said something. Then all of a sudden people come flying out of the woodworks to get their turn flogging the whipping boy.

I'd love to continue talking about Barry Seal, something that everyone before Meth didn't have a problem discussing in this thread.

Originally Posted by slickp42189

Patrick Bateman wrote:
That Atheist swag 
pimp.gif
LMAO let that boy cook, haha, no but seriously i always think the same thing meth. like this dude really thinks he leaps ahead of everyone, honestly this guy has NEVER posted anything i havent already known

OK. 
And?

I fail to see how this actually means something. Congrats. Wow. You knew. You win! Moving on then.

But wait, you're the standard for general knowledge around here, so we'll go by your standard then. Good. At least its clear now.

Lets be consistent here. Is this grounds for participating in the thread topic or is this grounds for trolling (by definition) of posting off topic material?

Because honestly your post isn't even on topic with the first 3/4 of the original thread started in November.

Originally Posted by OneSole

THANK YOU!
Anymore I just stop reading in threads where sillyputty posts. 
More power to you. I wish you well and hope you have a great beginning to your work-week.

Its a shame that a point is lost because of a subjective bias. But hey, not everything, is for every one.

Its amazing how Screen Names elicit such visceral emotions. 

smokin.gif

nerd.gif

eyes.gif
I...do actually do other things...
laugh.gif

For instance I had a date with this for a few hours brushing up on some things... 

001d89a9_medium.jpeg

Originally Posted by B Smooth 202

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

30t6p3b.gif

Interesting sentence you have here.

Originally Posted by WITNESSkb24

This is hilarious to me.

It honestly is.

If I pull something from another site to make a point, even though i've read it myself in entirety, AND suggest sources for others to use, that some-how negates the point I make?

Not to mention that even if I make EVERYTHING I post, originally (of which a fair amount of it is)...it still makes the same point!

OK. From now on, I suggest everyone to have their own original sources and to NEVER refer to anything outside of their own knowledge and experience.

Using resources...on the internet...is now grounds for having an argument being invalidated? ...Yeah that makes tons of sense.

So now that we all are done (by definition) TROLLING the thread by having off topic discussions loaded with ad-hominems and various assortments of baseless character assessments and critiques, as well as vapid and unsubstantiated personal assumptions...

...Can we talk get back to talking about Barry Seal and his involvement in the drug trade and what his story means for current/future US drug policy?

I don't literally aim to be controversial, and I've actually made a few friends on NT. I get a lot of PMs from people and I appreciate their points, especially those who disagree with me. I like it here and I value the variety of input here. At least I can chalk it up as gained perspective. However, if the attempt is to say that you don't like how I express myself or even more absurd, "my sources"
sick.gif
 by literally trolling a COMPLETELY unrelated thread, then what does that say about everyone else? I mean lets be honest. If its a thread about religion? Then i'm talking about religion. If its a thread on science, I'm chopping it up with science. If its a thread on politics, I'm right there reading polling stats. If its a thread on something I have no clue or opinion about, you won't catch me in there. Am I then free to report everyone for trolling my Barry Seal (and by proxy iran-contra) thread, or is this going to get renamed to the SillyPutty hate-therapy session? You don't see me literally attacking other posters. You don't see me stooping down to personal attacks. You don't see me neglecting to address the central point of counter-arguments. Do I joke? Hell yeah I do. But I try to do so in a way that doesn't offend people THAT much. I know that joking tends to cut more deeply than say talking about policy or things of that nature. Like I said...You've got to give me a little more credit that that. I like sharing info and I like talking about it. If you've seen it before, Cool. If you haven't? Cool. I find it remarkably ironic that I'm being called a troll...do I not stay on topic in the threads that I post? In the thread about the "good guy lucifer MEME thread" did I once NOT talk about the topic of discussion and personally address each and every counter-point? Is that trolling or is that "we don't like what you say?" There is no consistency here. Dudes rag on Ninjahood since he doesn't claim to be "black," is he trolling because thats something he always says in race threads? I see the same names in religious threads, are they trolling? I see the same names in the jewelry threads, are they trolling? No. They're staying ON TOPIC, NOT using personal attacks and they're NOT using their arguments as opportunities to bring up outside issues. In as much as other have different views on Kobe and Lebron, I have my fair share of opinions on other topics. I make sure that I continually abide by the rules and that I support the community whenever I can. However I do not see a need to hold my tongue in being critical or expressing my disdain for a topic. It doesn't violate any rules in doing so, does it?

Heres the main point. Do I try to be condescending and offensive? No, not really. I actually try to get my point across without appealing to emotion...so I guess that makes it come across more brash than need be. I could work on that. But its by no means intentional. I'm sorry if anyone take things that way...as its how they take it.  I'll try to be more mindful of "feelings" in light of presenting things that aren't really rooted in emotion, like this topic...which is based on literal history. 

ve6r79.jpg

Back
Top Bottom