Your 1st child

yo gritty, at what point can they see two joints.

me and my girl been jokin like "what if its twins"

but im really like "YOOOO what if its twins!?!"

When my wife showed me the positive test I had just come home sick early from work, I was sure I was coming down with the flu & felt like crap... She was like "I have something to tell you, don't go to bed just yet.... You're going to be a daddy"

I was like
eek.gif
 for a good minute staring at the test stick (blue cross) and asked her several times "Are you sure?"...

As her belly grew over the months and my boy started to take shape the I totally embraced the idea/concept/challenge/responsibility that fatherhood would soon bring (Basically, I was scared but ready)...

Fast forward 9 months later, 27 minutes after midnight I was holding 8.4 lbs of me, version 2.0, 2009 edition....

It's the greatest feeling in the world, man... The ultrasound image is burned into my memory I stared at it so much at work leading up to my son's birth (was my wallpaper for a loooong time)

Son is now 2 & a half years old, wife & I are blessed & fortunate he's smart as a whip, w/a good natured temperament (from Mommy).

Cherish all the moments - holding a soul in your hands that you helped make... totally dependent on you for a good chunk of your life, changing it for the better because he or she depends on you... words can't explain but it's a fantastic feeling.

Oh yeah, & you'll never sleep the same way again
tongue.gif

Congrats OP.
I was very nervous when I found out about my first.  But you have a built in "Daddy Switch" that activates that takes all of the nervous feelings and what-if's away as the due date gets closer.
Enjoy little things that you take for granted like naps, sleeping through the night, and going to the movies while you can.

Trust me, the birthday will be the best day of your life.
:

My advice (as the due date gets closer), have your bags packed! Doctor told my girl on both 1/24 & 1/31 that everything looked good and we'd have our baby around the 23rd. Well, her water broke at 3am on 2/1. Luckily we had the baby's bag packed, so that was good....other than that, we were a mess! We were going to spend the next 3 weeks getting the car seat installed, doing a birthing class, and getting other last minute things done. Didn't happen that way
laugh.gif

I was cool/calm in the house, but as soon as we walked outside to go to the car...EVERYTHING became a blur. I even drove the wrong way to the hospital twice
laugh.gif
I was a mess. It was the longest, but most rewarding day of my life. Long, because you jut want everything to go right and you're honestly on pins and needles for the majority of the day. Rewarding, because as soon as you see your son/daughter for the first time...you gain a new appreciation for your girl and also what you helped create. Truly amazing.

Now, I'm a rookie at this....but dude wasn't lying about not sleeping the same way again. I'm lucky if I get 5 hours in a night...LUCKY.
laugh.gif
It's a "good" tired tho.

More power to Gritty and the other parents out there who are raising twins....I dunno how yall do it hahahhaha

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

More power to Gritty and the other parents out there who are raising twins....I dunno how yall do it hahahhaha
Thanks DJ, can't front...sometimes I look at the parents of single children sideways when hearing them talk about how hard it is
laugh.gif

Didn't know you had your child though, congrats and welcome to the club. 
pimp.gif

Congrats bro! It is truly an amazing feeling. My lil boy was born two weeks ago and it is truly BEAUTIFUL to be a father.
I suggest you be there for your lady and understand her. If she will be breasfeeding, she will be exhausted and will need your help.
Try to get as much sleep as you can, we were warned plenty of times but didnt realize it til it was to late. lol
Again, congrats bro! God bless you and your fam.

Originally Posted by mdwst9

Originally Posted by Girl Thats Drob

Congrats man how old are you btw? Hopefully I don't have my first for another 5-10 years
pimp.gif

im 23 years old

I was 21 when first was born. Lady and I got married 4 years later. Had 3 more in 5 years (God bless that girl lol) and things are goin you know. Just wait till it hits teen years hahahahahaaa! Good luck bro!

Originally Posted by v8rman

Originally Posted by mdwst9

Originally Posted by Girl Thats Drob

Congrats man how old are you btw? Hopefully I don't have my first for another 5-10 years
pimp.gif

im 23 years old

I was 21 when first was born. Lady and I got married 4 years later. Had 3 more in 5 years (God bless that girl lol) and things are goin you know. Just wait till it hits teen years hahahahahaaa! Good luck bro!

whooo 4 of dem thangs u a beast lol

congrats man. I'm actually also in the anticipation mode cuz my wife and I are expecting our first in June. will def be checking back on this thread for more advice too!

Man bro I can't lie, when I found out I had a kid on the way I was sick as hell afterwards. It was 50/50 on the hurt level between not being ready to have a kid and who I was having it with. It took me about 2 weeks to get my appetite back. I realized I had to man up. I was 21 at the time working a bs job, and it motivated me to go out and get a MUCH better gig. I even tried to make a relationship work with her mother who I dnt get along with at all! (Quickly thought better of it though)

I said all that to say, my little girl is the best thing to EVER happen to me...period,point blank. She is my world. Like Kanye said, she was my favorite mistake lol. Im soooo ashamed of myself for wanting an abortion for the longest time when it was my own fears keeping me from embracing the situation. Once I got over the fear, it was all uphill after.

My best advice to you is stack,stack, stack. You'll probably get a TON of stuff at your baby shower and it helps alot. I didn't buy a diaper until she was about 7 or 8 months. It hasn't been too too expensive yet and she just turned 1 about 3 weeks ago. Also, if it doesn't work out with the mother, be ready to put your pride to the side on some things and the end of the day, remember it is all about the baby.

Congrats bruh
pimp.gif

I got a 17-month old son and he's great!!! Wished things would of have worked out with his mom, but i don't like to be controlled. Embrace this happiness and raise your kid well. BTW all of the dreams you've ever had and you think that they have surpassed you, here is your 2nd chance.

Congrats man. Had a part time job when I found out. 6 months later I got a salary job that is only on the weekends and still have the part time job as well. The news scared me but made me want to grow up quick. Seeing my little man's smile was all I needed to prove my efforts were worth it. God is good.

Enjoy the ride. Take care of the lady...cause remember whatever sleepless nights and crappy days you are having she's prolly going thru worse.

Back
Top Bottom