Your Next Vacation Destination.....?

Going to Seattle and Vancouver July 3-7. Any recommendations on restaurants/bars/hikes and anything else to do??

Was in Vancouver 3 weeks ago. Stayed in Yaletown where a lot of bars and restaurants were.

A lot of the bars/nightclub was concentrated on granville st. They shut the street down on weekends so cars can’t get through (similar to 6th street Austin).

Definitely recommend driving to North Vancouver for the Capilano suspension bridge. Should go really early (around 8am) because it gets PACKED around 9/10am

Drive 1.5 hour ish to Gondala to Sky. Some good hikes there.

Gastown was a hip area for food/bars

Rent a bike and ride around the seawall. Low key Santa Monica vibes without the beach :lol:

Stanley Park

English bay beach...the view was breathtaking during sunset

Damn, I'm going end of Sept doesn't seem likely but worth a shot :lol:

Maybe look into Den. 2 Michelin Stars. Consistently rated one of the best restaurants in Japan and Asia. Reservations are about 2 months out.
With drinks the total came out to just about $200 even. Hype aside, it was an extremely enjoyable experience. Hasegawa San and the rest of the stuff are super chill and really engage with the diners. I'd love to go back.

https://www.theworlds50best.com/asia/en/2018TheList/1-10/Den.html

Once tickets prices get low I'm going to book flights for the DR. I don't stay in resorts anyway so I should be good (fingers crossed)

Going to Seattle and Vancouver July 3-7. Any recommendations on restaurants/bars/hikes and anything else to do??
For Seattle

Food: Un Bien, Kedai Makan, The Pink Door, Metropolitan Grill, Red Mill, Adana, Japonessa has a good happy hour. I can give more recs depending on what kind of food you're interested in
a couple hikes that I like are Snow Lake and Lake 22. a more popular and easier option would be Rattlesnake Ledge

Will be in Peru in 2 weeks.
Super spontaneous trip but i couldn't turn down the price.
Any recommendations in Lima? Anybody been to Machu Pichu that can give me a play by play on how to get there and where to stay.
:smile:

Has anyone been to rome? Im traveling out there on the 21st, Do i have to pre order trips to go to places like the colosseum and whatnot?

Tryna sneak into cuba within the next 3 weeks or so (under this whole trump restrictions policy with cuba)...

Has anyone been to rome? Im traveling out there on the 21st, Do i have to pre order trips to go to places like the colosseum and whatnot?

just came back a couple months ago ... you can def pre-book i'd suggest it just to avoid the lines to purchase like at the vatican etc.

Bump. I'm livin' vicariously through y'all the next couple months. Work got me bogged down. Gonna be traveling August, at the earliest. Keep the pics and stories coming.

Any recommendations in Lima? Anybody been to Machu Pichu that can give me a play by play on how to get there and where to stay.

For Machu Pichu
I stayed at Casa Andina in Sacred Valley to cut down on commuting time (cusco is around an hour and a half away). There are probably cheaper options, but it was only around 80 bucks for a 2 floor suite. I got a cab at around 5am to go to the train station, then took a train to the base of the mountain, then got a bus ticket to get to the top of the mountain. They only sell a limited amount of tickets per day, so get there early. Total commuting time was around 3 - 3.5 hours, but it was 100% worth it. Ive never been anywhere like it.

Def take the train and bus if you can. Hiking is cool, but the altitude kills you. You'll be dong a good amount of hiking when you get to the ruins so get some cocoa tea so you dont get altitude sickness. Also, you dont have to pay extra for the luxury train. There inst much difference. You can rent an English speaking tour guide when you get there for around 10 bucks.

for lima, i stood near parque kennedy (miraflores) and it was near everything. La Lucha (near the park) was fire. I would recommend Maedo and Central for lunch and dinner respectively. If you can afford dinner at both then do both. Barranco district cracks. El Mercado was really dope for lunch, the drinks were great and priced well.

Back
Top Bottom