Your Next Vacation Destination.....?

Just got back from visiting my folks down in El Salvador. It was my first time down there since 2014. Currently if you're vaccinated you don't have to take a test to come into the country.

Since I was little this view has always been one of my favorite parts of a trip to El Salvador.

tempImageBlpoZS.png

We went to lago Coatepeque for a few days. It's crazy how much the weather can change with only a 30 minute car ride, while the rest of the country is super hot, around here it was very cool. It reminded me of Seattle nights in September .

1.jpg

Had a great time sippin and smoking sicks with my old man.
2.jpg

We hit up El Tunco which is the Surf Capital of El Salvador. The country is definitely investing tons of money in this area trying to bring in tourism.

3.jpg

On 9/7, Bitcoin became a legal tender in El Salvador. Every citizen received $30 dollars worth of bitcoin if they downloaded the Chivo app. This is a Bitcoin ATM, I saw it at the airport as I was departing to come back to the US.
4.jpg

Overall it was a great trip. Excited to get back.
So looks like we're hitting up Tunco for a couple days, Lago Coatepeque for couple days and ending our trip in La Libertad.

Any recommendations?

So looks like we're hitting up Tunco for a couple days, Lago Coatepeque for couple days and ending our trip in La Libertad.

Any recommendations?

El Tunco & La Libertad are right next to each other, you can definitely get away with staying at the same B&B or Hotel while chilling out there.

Definitely hit the Santa Ana volcano when you visit Lago Coatepeque.

San Salvador had some good food spots. If you don’t plan on staying there a day visit is definitely worth it.

Hit up Santa Teresa hot springs

Also, Beto's Restaurante La Libertad

On another Note…

I’m looking for tips on Belize.

- Is 7 days enough?

- should I rent a car?

Nah never been. Thought about hittin' some breweries but didn't even think about hittin a trail. That's a good idea. Good looks, my man.

Lmk what else you're interested in and I can throw out some suggestions.

April could be 75 and sunny, or a snow storm. Lot of easier hikes that should be open in the front range.

Nah never been. Thought about hittin' some breweries but didn't even think about hittin a trail. That's a good idea. Good looks, my man.
Be sure to take a day or two in the city to acclimate to the altitude before doing a hike at higher altitudes. Altitude sickness is real and can happen to anyone. Mount Flora and Chicago Lakes Trail are my favorite hikes but Flora starts at over 11k ft elevation so be prepared. Amazing views but definitely a workout.

If in Boulder check out Dark Horse for burgers and beer. You’re right by the university so perfect if you want the college town feel.

Meow Wolf is cool if you like immersive art. Denver Art Museum (not the Museum of Contemporary Art) is worthwhile too.

Nocturne if you’re into live jazz. Even if you aren’t the cocktails and food are good. It’s in the RiNo/Five Points area with plenty bars and a couple breweries.

If you have a car you can drive out to Dillion Marina Park. Rent a patoon boat with some friends, get drunk on the lake. Maybe drive another 20 mins to Breckenridge to eat/check out before driving back to the city. It’s a ski town, never been during the offseason but could scope out to plan a future trip if you’re into skiing/snowboarding.

Be sure to take a day or two in the city to acclimate to the altitude before doing a hike at higher altitudes. Altitude sickness is real and can happen to anyone. Mount Flora and Chicago Lakes Trail are my favorite hikes but Flora starts at over 11k ft elevation so be prepared. Amazing views but definitely a workout.

If in Boulder check out Dark Horse for burgers and beer. You’re right by the university so perfect if you want the college town feel.

Meow Wolf is cool if you like immersive art. Denver Art Museum (not the Museum of Contemporary Art) is worthwhile too.

Nocturne if you’re into live jazz. Even if you aren’t the cocktails and food are good. It’s in the RiNo/Five Points area with plenty bars and a couple breweries.

If you have a car you can drive out to Dillion Marina Park. Rent a patoon boat with some friends, get drunk on the lake. Maybe drive another 20 mins to Breckenridge to eat/check out before driving back to the city. It’s a ski town, never been during the offseason but could scope out to plan a future trip if you’re into skiing/snowboarding.

Doubt he's hiking something like Chicago Lakes Trail, esp in April. At least not without spikes or snow shoes. High altitude, the snow won't fully melt until June or July. For a non-acclimated person, I typically tell them to hike in Golden (North Table Mountain, Apex, White Ranch, etc.), Morrison (the easy hike around Red Rocks, Matthews Winters, or further south like Deer Creek Canyon), or up in Boulder (Betasso, Chautauqua Park). Anything more difficult than those would possibly require extra gear just to be safe. Not gear like full on climbing ropes and harnesses, but at a minimum hydration packs (or backpack with plenty of water), snacks/calories for when you run out of energy, potentially actual hiking boots or something tougher than crocs, etc.

Same with the pontoon boat... I doubt rentals will even be available in April. That is a very fun way to enjoy the mountain views though, when its warm enough. Keep in mind that even in the heat of summer, that water is ice ****ing cold and they actually tell you not to swim in it.

Breck should still have snow in April, if he wanted to try snowboarding / skiing. It will likely be slushy spring snow, but that is actually pretty damn fun as its warm / sunny enough to not need to be completely geared up. Likely a lot of people skiing in shorts / t shirts / bikinis by end of April (obviously depending on weather for the specific days he's there).

Some food hall type places in Denver: Zeppelin Station, Denver Central Market, Avanti Food and Beverage, Stanley Marketplace, Milk Market. These are decent places that will have multiple options to eat / drink and sometimes shop, and busy with people.

^Good stuff. Still getting used to the area. It amazes me how much different the weather/temp is for cities just a few miles outside the metro area.

What you looking for? Did the entire west coast for 14 days - wine tasting, great food and surf we drove it

That’s exactly what I’m looking for. Food and wine recs. I want to go late next month or early April but the weather won’t be too warm. Maybe I’ll hold off until May.

Where did you stay?

Any Portugal recs? Want to see Lisbon & Porto

Porto is more scenic, Lisbon is more fun especially if you go during Festas season in June. Most of my family lives outside of Portugal now but I still try to visit every time I’m in Europe. Not being biased, but even though there’s more to see in Spain and Italy, the friendliness of Portuguese people just makes visiting much more pleasant IMO. Meanwhile people in Italy and Spain are often rude and don’t give a damn about hospitality

You don’t need to worry about weather; the coldest days in Portugal are like California “winter” days with highs in the high 50s-60s. April should be fine if that’s when you plan to go

Heading to Turkey in April for work, as long as Putin will allow it.

Looks like it would be a quick jump over to Greece, Croatia, or something further East if I extended the trip and took some personal days. I've never been to anywhere over there though I've wanted to for years.

Any suggestions on where to go, in April?

Heading to Turkey in April for work, as long as Putin will allow it.

Looks like it would be a quick jump over to Greece, Croatia, or something further East if I extended the trip and took some personal days. I've never been to anywhere over there though I've wanted to for years.

Any suggestions on where to go, in April?

Putin allowing you into Turkey? Are you meaning just the war in general?

Loved Turkey. Instabul, Cappadocia, Ephesus, Pamukkale, Patara, take a boat from Kusadasi to Greek islands.

Back
Top Bottom