Your Next Vacation Destination.....?

Anyone that travel via Tap Portugal lately?

If you took a carry on, did they weight it or looked at it before boarding?

I just notice they have a 17lb limit for carry ons and we are about 27lbs.

Heading to Rome for a day shopping.

These Airbus 350-900 are nice. These are the ones with the new Delta Ones. They’re huge. TV size of a college tv (19inch). :lol:

Last edited:
Heading to Rome for a day shopping.

These Airbus 350-900 are nice. These are the ones with the new Delta Ones. They’re huge. TV size of a college tv (19inch). :lol:
How strick are these airlines being with carry ons?

Normally I wouldn't sweat it, but going for 3 weeks with 13 and not being over the carry on limit of 17lbs (at $160 per is BS) is hard.

How strick are these airlines being with carry ons?

Normally I wouldn't sweat it, but going for 3 weeks with 13 and not being over the carry on limit of 17lbs (at $160 per is BS) is hard.

If you’re flying Delta, they’re not checking. I walked on with a north face duffle/backpack (Basecamp - Large, 95L)

Dimensions: 15.75" X 27.56" X 15.75"

Depends if the flight is full.

Just bring it to the gate. If they have a full flight, they’ll let you check it in free. I know Frontiers or Spirit - they are somewhat strict.

My wife is away visiting her family for a month with our 2 younger kids. The oldest is at college and working for the summer.

We had a place booked this week for all of us but I cancelled it. I still have the time off though so rather than just wasting time at home I’ve booked 2 nights in this thing on a campsite a few hours away.

Beautiful scenery, great seafood, just me, my bike and a couple of books. Never done that before.

Click to enlarge

Delta ran up on my daughter last time I dropped her off at the airport and just checked her bag before she hit security for free.

I think they are trying to save face for one and also not deal with carry ons either.

If you stroll up to the gate with a carry on 9/10 “we have a full flight today. We’ll check your bags free of charge.”

I’d be scared if you have a connecting flight and short layover though.

Delta ran up on my daughter last time I dropped her off at the airport and just checked her bag before she hit security for free.

I think they are trying to save face for one and also not deal with carry ons either.

If you stroll up to the gate with a carry on 9/10 “we have a full flight today. We’ll check your bags free of charge.”

I’d be scared if you have a connecting flight and short layover though.
Im going on TAP portugal where they have it all over their site 8 kg for carry one.y bag is about 27 lbs. No way Im carrying something bigger or checking it in. We lost a baggage before and delayed several others.

But again, we are 13 and we all have carry ons over 17lbs. Most are in the mid 20s plus we are already checking in 3 bags.

do yall check in your bags on international flights?

been hearing a lot of people saying to never do it because the chance of it getting lost or stolen is high

been hearing a lot of people saying to never do it because the chance of it getting lost or stolen is high
I went to Mexico at the end of last month and checked both my bags (Southwest). Would I recommend it now? Not really because as you said the chance of it being “lost” is high

Nope .... carry on FTW.

To many times I have had someone check in a bag only to be delayed. Knock on wood, never missing.

However the delayed at times have been up to 3 days which has been an inconvenience. Most time it is within 24 hours though.

Just boarded and heading to Spain .. all 13 carried ons made it with no issues.
20220726_231644.jpg

Booked my flights for September. Going from London - Prague - Naples - Zadar and back to London. Tickets for all trips for 2 people were about £180 total.... :lol: 10 day trip but all of those places will be new places for me :pimp:

My wife is away visiting her family for a month with our 2 younger kids. The oldest is at college and working for the summer.

We had a place booked this week for all of us but I cancelled it. I still have the time off though so rather than just wasting time at home I’ve booked 2 nights in this thing on a campsite a few hours away.

Beautiful scenery, great seafood, just me, my bike and a couple of books. Never done that before.

Click to enlarge

Kind of recommended so far - the campsite is a bit scruffy (that’s why it’s so cheap then) but my cabin is clean and it’s got everything you need. Seems mainly to be people passing through and spending a few nights which makes sense with the location.

It’s a beautiful morning so I cycled the scenic way into town.

72FEA9C1-2E73-4078-A293-F4127C2F9F8F.jpeg

Currently enjoying a cappuccino with a good book down by the harbour.

04D7261F-3927-4FEB-B57E-42B1F5C2234E.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom