Your Next Vacation Destination.....?

Need a change of scenery and a break from the hustle and bustle, thinking about taking a 3-4 night solo trip somewhere in the US. I’d be on some work calls on and off during the day but I’m really looking for a place that’s somewhat low key this time of year but not isolated, scenic, 55 degrees or warmer with at least a handful of good bars/restaurants and a spa in the area.

The first thought that came to mind was somewhere like Carmel-by-the-Sea. Any places you guys recommend?

Need a change of scenery and a break from the hustle and bustle, thinking about taking a 3-4 night solo trip somewhere in the US. I’d be on some work calls on and off during the day but I’m really looking for a place that’s somewhat low key this time of year but not isolated, scenic, 55 degrees or warmer with at least a handful of good bars/restaurants and a spa in the area.

The first thought that came to mind was somewhere like Carmel-by-the-Sea. Any places you guys recommend?

Santa Barbara would be my recommendation. Better weather than Carmel right now and a little more lively than Carmel since UCSB is there, but nothing too crazy.

Santa Barbara would be my recommendation. Better weather than Carmel right now and a little more lively than Carmel since UCSB is there, but nothing too crazy.

Finals next week? Can obviously stay away from campus…

usabasketball08 usabasketball08 Ojai or Solvang are dope too

I stayed here for my baby moon

Finals next week? Can obviously stay away from campus…

usabasketball08 usabasketball08 Ojai or Solvang are dope too

I stayed here for my baby moon

Forgot about finals week, but that might work in his favor if he’s looking for a sleepy town :lol:.

Good call I didn’t think about the rain. The forecast looks clear for next week. But sleepy and scenic is exactly what I’m looking for :lol:
If you go to Carmel, make sure you visit Big Sur for a few hours. It’s not too far away from there and the drive and big Redwoods are magnificent. You won’t regret it.

Copenhagen for Xmas and Amsterdam in January. All recs are appreciated!
Get some truffles in Amsterdam, but don’t take them then go on a long walk straight to the Heineken factory for a tour. I was feeling good then it hit me hard as soon as I saw all those glass bottles hanging from the ceiling in the lobby.

Canal cruise was kinda cheesy, but we did one with cheese boards and wine that was pretty solid and a good way to begin the night on our first full night there.

We ended up not planning much for Amsterdam because it was the very end of trip so a lot of it was just walking around, but it’s a great city that was nothing like what you’d expect if you just base it of the whole “drugs and prostitutes” angle that you hear a lot. Could definitely go back there with more of a plan as far as museums and restaurants to visit. I know ecook has a long list of restaurant recommendations to send you.

Copenhagen for Xmas and Amsterdam in January. All recs are appreciated!

Take the truffles from Kokopelli and go to the Van Gogh museum, watch the brushstrokes come alive. Their main museum Rijksmuseum is pretty great too, lots of ships and guns and artwork. Depends on if you like museums though, I spent like 6+ hours at each.

Albert Cuyp market is like a street market, get some fresh stroopwaffles. Not sure how cold it'll be, but rent a bike and ride around some of the parks. There is a Picasso statue in one of them (I wouldn't go out of your way specifically for this, but if you're there... might as well).

Get a multi-day Transit pass if you want to use their incredible public transportation system; bus + light rail + subway

Just got back from Japan and Vietnam.

IMG_3087.png
IMG_2884.jpeg
IMG_2271.jpeg
IMG_2403.jpeg

IMG_1058.jpeg
IMG_1062.jpeg
IMG_1114.jpeg
IMG_0963.jpeg
IMG_2955.jpeg

Grine Grine howd you like Japan? tokyo is one of my favorite cities in the world to travel to. hope you had a good experience

Love it so much - I’m going back in February. I visited Yokohama, Shibuya, Kabukicho, Harajuku, Akihabara and Asakusa. I’m going to go to Osaka and try to Sharito Falls near Mt. Fuji.

Beside I have to finish my motorcycle tour in North Vietnam.

i was days away from flying out to tokyo in 2020 but then covid happened and everything started to shut down
i had to reschedule the trip 2x before finally cancelling it because they closed up their borders to US citizens

Back
Top Bottom