Your Next Vacation Destination.....?

planning a boracay / palawan nx yr in April but we are having Punta Cana withdrawls [emoji]128563[/emoji]

planning a boracay / palawan nx yr in April but we are having Punta Cana withdrawls [emoji]128563[/emoji]

Looks like the wife and I are going to head to Punta Cana for our Honey Moon in February, probably staying at Sanctuary Cap Cana any tips would be appreciated

Fiancé is thinking Cuba for New Years. We're also planning a summer trip. I'm leaning towards Ireland, given my Irish roots.

I just got back from Egypt yesterday, and I am already trying to plan my next vacation. 

I am going to sift through this thread for some ideas. 
Tell us about it. That's def on my list.
Full review... tons of pictures and videos... 

http://kylekostic.blogspot.com/2016/11/i-used-to-love-going-swimming-when-i.html
Thanks man. Skimmed it and read a bit. So cool. Gonna read it all when I get some time. My fiancé and I are going.  

pimp.gif
thats awesome
Thanks a lot. I put a lot of hard work into that 

Finally booked my trip to PR.

Any places to go/avoid?
Old San Juan. Use Yelp while you're out there. Hit up Cafe Puerto Rico for some bomb *** mofongo and steak. Theres also a great pizza spot out there Porillo or something like that. PR is like #1 for food for me and me & my girl are foodies. Their mogongo & pizza are really good.

Ima fly in thru san juan. Wana hit up culebra or vieques.

Gona see whats good wit old san juan, ponce, and kinda explore the whole island. Gona be there a whole week.

Will try that cafe, any other food suggestions? What about nightlife?

Is it better to rent a car or take taxis?

Will try that cafe, any other food suggestions? What about nightlife?

Is it better to rent a car or take taxis?
Taxis for sure. I don't remember what they were called but we hit 3 strip clubs and had a blast at all 3. 

PR is cool but I don't think I'll go back. If I'm hitting the islands, it's Jamaica or bust. 

Whats the easiest or best way to get there?
From the airport, taxi. Uber not allowed to go there. At least when I was there in July. They're still not well received, but if you can get them from certain areas they're really cheap.
I imagine the nightlife is dope, but I usually go out there with my girl for her bday because it has her fave hotel & foods out of a lot of the countries/cities we hit.

Off topic, I kinda wanna hit Peru. I think they might top PR or be neck and neck with the dishes :lol:. I've had a lot of great food from all over, but PR restaurants are really that good.

im having a hard time deciding how many days i should stay for my visit in japan. i know a lot of NTers have been, i want to know your opinions. im going alone btw.

im having a hard time deciding how many days i should stay for my visit in japan. i know a lot of NTers have been, i want to know your opinions. im going alone btw.

What do you want to do during that trip?

Only big cities? Visit the countryside? Surf? Beaches of the south? Mountain of the north?

Was there for 12 days and did tokyo, fujii, kyoto and osaka.

Last edited:
^really more interested in the urban life, tbh, i wana see the old temples but just a little bit. how did u spend the 12 days? half tokyo half kyoto/osaka?

^I was in Tokyo for 10 days earlier this year. 

It was cool... but I really don't have a strong urge to go back. 

^ care explaining? even before asking in this thread i already have an idea what to do, and how long ill stay, thats why i didnt even bother listing my preferences. i just want to hear nt's stories, maye it'll sway me to add or slash off days

^ care explaining? even before asking in this thread i already have an idea what to do, and how long ill stay, thats why i didnt even bother listing my preferences. i just want to hear nt's stories, maye it'll sway me to add or slash off days
Here is a detailed review with TONS of pictures of my trip... 

http://kylekostic.blogspot.com/2016_05_01_archive.html

It was cool. It was pretty much like every other big city, just with the majority of the people being Japanese. I don't like Japanese food, and that played a part in it. My favorite part of the trip was going outside of Tokyo to the hot springs town of Hakone and going to see Mt Fuji.  Everything else I feel like I could have done in America. 

^ cool, ill read your blog tonight. i like japanese food, its been a long time since i had any. thanks

Heading to Spain in 2 weeks. Only doing 10 days but we will be visiting Madrid, Barcelona, and San Sebastián. Any advice and tips will be much appreciated.

Anyone know of any reputable sites to purchase tickets for a soccer match. I'm trying to catch Barca play in San Sebastián but their official site is horrible.

Back
Top Bottom