Your Next Vacation Destination.....?

If you're doing it solo (which I highly recommend), stay at Wake Up Sydney!. It's an awesome hostel with a bar downstairs where all the backpackers go. There is always something going on. Best way to meet people. A lot of backpacking bars around there. Check out Ivy on Thursday nights. It's HUGE.

Good looking out brotha. Gonna be there for 8 nights mid March. I’ve got nothing on the itinerary as I kinda wanna take it day by day. But that also has its flaws so def appreciate this.

Going for a week in April to Italy (Siena) with the wife, its my brothers wedding the weekend on the 5th and we are planning on staying a few days to enjoy our trip better. What do guys recommend ?

1. Highly doubt ima rent a car cuz I dont wanna drive in a country im not familiar with.
2. Im not the type to be into museums and such but would like to see historic places.
3. Im a foodie
4. I smoke hella weed would it be easily accessible out there?

Going for a week in April to Italy (Siena) with the wife, its my brothers wedding the weekend on the 5th and we are planning on staying a few days to enjoy our trip better. What do guys recommend ?

1. Highly doubt ima rent a car cuz I dont wanna drive in a country im not familiar with.
2. Im not the type to be into museums and such but would like to see historic places.
3. Im a foodie
4. I smoke hella weed would it be easily accessible out there?
Can't speak on the weed, but Siena was absolutely gorgeous. Tuscany at its finest...we actually rented a car from Rome and drove there. Stayed at an awesome bed/breakfast place that was run by some cool people who helped us get around and made the stay awesome. Driving out there wasn't a big deal, compared to Rome or Florence. We loved it so much we named our daughter Siena.

Hitting Kauai later this year.

Any suggestions out there on activities?
The garden island is super chill..not a ton to do relative to say, Maui...what part of the island are you staying on? Not sure what Princeville is like after they got a ton of rain flooding (last year?)...

Trancoso:
IMG_4883.JPG

Barca recommendations popped up in TAN, posting here because it's a city that comes up often.

One of my favorite cities in the entire world. La Flauta is my go-to restaurant there. Obviously you're going to enjoy tons of tapas, paella, sangria and Estrella. I'm a foodie so one of my first stops in La Boqueria (market). Check out Barri Gothic (Gothic Quarter). All the Gaudi architecture is super dope: Sagrada Familia (probably being the most famous), Park Guell, Casa Battlo, Casa Mila, etc. Camp Nou if you're a football fan, home of FC Barca. Las Ramblas, Catedral, Picasso Museum, Barceloneta (beach with good clubs like Opium and Shoko), Montjuic (for views and pictures).

Gonna post random tidbits from my recent travels as well. In recent years, been blessed to visit RdJ, SP, Floripa, Porto Seguro, Trancoso, Buenos Aires, Paris, Nice, Monaco, Cannes, St.-Tropez, Beaulieu, Roma, Venice, Firenze, Napoli, Amalfi, Ravello, Positano, Athens, Mykonos, Santorini, Lisboa, Porto, Fatima, Tokyo, Kyoto, Osaka, Hakone and Kobe.

"Travel is the only thing we buy that makes us richer."

Last edited:
Barca recommendations popped up in TAN, posting here because it's a city that comes up often.

One of my favorite cities in the entire world. La Flauta is my go-to restaurant there. Obviously you're going to enjoy tons of tapas, paella, sangria and Estrella. I'm a foodie so one of my first stops in La Boqueria (market). Check out Barri Gothic (Gothic Quarter). All the Gaudi architecture is super dope: Sagrada Familia (probably being the most famous), Park Guell, Casa Battlo, Casa Mila, etc. Camp Nou if you're a football fan, home of FC Barca. Las Ramblas, Catedral, Picasso Museum, Barceloneta (beach with good clubs like Opium and Shoko), Montjuic (for views and pictures).

Gonna post random tidbits from my recent travels as well. In recent years, been blessed to visit RdJ, SP, Floripa, Porto Seguro, Trancoso, Buenos Aires, Paris, Nice, Monaco, Cannes, St.-Tropez, Beaulieu, Roma, Venice, Firenze, Napoli, Amalfi, Ravello, Positano, Athens, Mykonos, Santorini, Lisboa, Porto, Fatima, Tokyo, Kyoto, Osaka, Hakone and Kobe.

"Travel is the only thing we buy that makes us richer."

Currently planning a trip to Athens / Santorini / Mykonos in May for my honeymoon. Appreciate any tips / recommendations on places to stay or things to do!

I thought La Flauta was aight. Viana Barcelona on the other hand, was amazing.

Carrer de Blai on Saturday in Barca is an absolute must though. A long street with tons of restaurants serving pintxos. Great environment.

Currently planning a trip to Athens / Santorini / Mykonos in May for my honeymoon. Appreciate any tips / recommendations on places to stay or things to do!
Congrats, man!

Favorite restaurant in Santorini is Argo in Fira. If you're into the outdoors, hiking from Fira to Oia. It's like six miles each way. Amoudi Bay has dope views of the caldera and you can swim there. The seafood is fuego. Not quite to the extent of South Africa or Washington state, but wine is emerging in Greece if you want a lazy day at the wineries. All the beaches: Perissa, Red, White, Kamari. Akrotiri which is an ancient village post-volcanic eruption. Thera for ancient ruins. Catch the sunset at Oia.

Stayed in Platys Gialos in Mykonos. We loved Yialo Yialo and Avli Tou Thodori, ate there a bunch. Forget the name of the cocktail, but had a good blue drink at Blue Myth, the restaurant for Hotel Petinos. Little Venice is cool to catch the sunset with a cocktail. Also has shopping and plenty of restaurants. Might bump into some celebrities there, it's trendy. Kato Myli (windmills which overlook Little Venice). Paradise if you're looking to party hard. If you have time, take a day trip to Delos. It's a small island to the west of Mykonos. Panagia Paraportiani (church).

I'll hit the thread with Greece pics later.

Back
Top Bottom