Your Next Vacation Destination.....?

Man Egypt is on my bucket list but i dont think ima ever make it there.

going to paris for the first time in a couple of days.

Than to london for a 2nd time

than to rome

trying to book a trip to athens and take a boat over to santorini but i cant figure out how to book it and found a website that had ferries but said the boat ride was like 8 hours or so and was like 200 something euros per person for a round trip. Might as well just fly it and save time.

does anyone have any recommendations on how to get to santorini from athens?

Instead of going to Athens, from rome take a plane to cairo. Around 150 round trip. Everything in Egypt is super cheap. Ur money will take u very far.

I did london to paris to rome to Egypt, back to london then home. Worth every penny

Instead of going to Athens, from rome take a plane to cairo. Around 150 round trip. Everything in Egypt is super cheap. Ur money will take u very far.

I did london to paris to rome to Egypt, back to london then home. Worth every penny

I hear you but the places im going are spaced out thru the year not doing it all in one run.

Trying to go to athens in june.

Got back from Morocco last weekend. Did chefchaoen, fes, Marrakech. Might have been one of the best trips I’ve ever taken
If you haven't already please post pics, never considered going but certainly considering more destinations since following this thread. Only exotic place we have on the list is Dubai then we leave out on a 7 day cruise for wife's best friend's 40th.

DD5B9B46-A3FD-43EC-86D5-0E786CA769C0.jpeg
C61388F0-0048-4486-A6E4-E1C9A09C504B.jpeg
C578B4EE-0976-478B-8D27-0628CC662106.jpeg
9A3ADAB2-F6D7-4B7E-AD61-BBEE73945C5D.jpeg
D60D37BC-D612-48D4-ABED-0E54E83B8174.jpeg
55DF8C37-11FB-4AA5-8F72-386C666A2B3D.jpeg
9363DC19-6DF1-44DE-92E7-C29FCC544F2A.jpeg
EF4FA8C7-AADB-4922-9DD2-11A06D183088.jpeg
@jigsta05 I visited Greece a few months back and went from Athens->Santorini>Ios (smaller Island) ->Mykonos . My honest opinion I enjoyed Ios very much, it was smaller compared to the other islands I went. The hotel was a beautiful 4.5 star, the people were great and I had some great food there. Sunsets were amazing here and Santorini as well, and I rented out av’s for the whole day for about $20 (went to a private beach and drove around much of the island, not much to see at Homer’s tomb btw). Santorini is beautiful, but expensive as you can imagine but you have to go to Oia to enjoy a meal and watch the sunset there as well (I regrettably got there a tad bit late for this). Mykanos is the party place, I stayed at a five star away from the ‘action’ but they provided a free shuttle service to the party or lively area with all the stores and restaurants. I thoroughly enjoyed it, and of course you can do one of those bus rides while in Athens to see all the ancient structures.

Last edited:
DD5B9B46-A3FD-43EC-86D5-0E786CA769C0.jpeg
C61388F0-0048-4486-A6E4-E1C9A09C504B.jpeg
C578B4EE-0976-478B-8D27-0628CC662106.jpeg
9A3ADAB2-F6D7-4B7E-AD61-BBEE73945C5D.jpeg
D60D37BC-D612-48D4-ABED-0E54E83B8174.jpeg
55DF8C37-11FB-4AA5-8F72-386C666A2B3D.jpeg
9363DC19-6DF1-44DE-92E7-C29FCC544F2A.jpeg
EF4FA8C7-AADB-4922-9DD2-11A06D183088.jpeg
@jigsta05 I visited Greece a few mans back and went from Athens->Santorini>Ios (smaller Island) ->Mykonos . My honest opinion I enjoyed Ios very much, it was smaller compared to the other islands I went. The hotel was a beautiful 4.5 star, the people were great and I had some great food there. Sunsets were amazing here and Santorini as well, and I rented out av’s for the whole day for about $20 (went to a private beach and drove around much of the island, not much to see at Homer’s tomb btw). Santorini is beautiful, but expensive as you can imagine but you have to go to Oia to enjoy a meal and watch the sunset there as well (I regrettably got there a tad bit late for this). Mykanos is the party place, I stayed at a five star away from the ‘action’ but they provided a free shuttle service to the party or lively area with all the stores and restaurants. I thoroughly enjoyed it, and of course you can do one of those bus rides while in Athens to see all the ancient structures.

Drop those info on your hotel stay...

Grine Grine
Athens - First night air BNB, cheap one night stay (hind sight would've just did a hotel, bit far from the airport)
Santorini - Aqua Blue Hotel , very nice hotel next to the sea. Only issue is it is far from Oia and will need a long bus ride to get there
Ios - Ios palace hotel and spa, loved this place also. The hotel manager and staff were extremely nice. Everyone on this island was super friendly actually
Mykanos - Myconian Imperial , loved it. Go to town for dinner but the hotel and private-ish pool was dope
Athens - cheapish hotel, i think it was Hilton

Greece trip looks amazing, thanks for the pics. I will live vicariously through you guys for the next year or year and a half. Saving for a new house so cutting the trips down a little. How were the prices for things, ATV for $20 a day seems cheap. Also how many days were you there?

Grine Grine
Athens - First night air BNB, cheap one night stay (hind sight would've just did a hotel, bit far from the airport)
Santorini - Aqua Blue Hotel , very nice hotel next to the sea. Only issue is it is far from Oia and will need a long bus ride to get there
Ios - Ios palace hotel and spa, loved this place also. The hotel manager and staff were extremely nice. Everyone on this island was super friendly actually
Mykanos - Myconian Imperial , loved it. Go to town for dinner but the hotel and private-ish pool was dope
Athens - cheapish hotel, i think it was Hilton

Thank you - will def look into these as I plan my trip there...

Any Iceland recommendation?

Leaving in 2.5 weeks...

Just got back. Really enjoyed it.
Definitely rent a car. Are you moving hotels as you travel to sights or home base is Reykjavík?

At work now but i l’ll try to post later today about sights and restaurants.

Any Iceland recommendation?

Leaving in 2.5 weeks...

Yeah Like 23soles 23soles said rent a car. Much better than organized bus tour IMO.

If you're based in Reykjavik, then hit the golden circle.

- Blue lagoon (reserve in advance)
- Skaftafell national park is very nice
- Hit up the pools
- Black beach with the crashed plane
- Eat at a hot dog stand in Reykjavik (just ask all-dressed)

If you got that $, you can go on whale watching or do skidoo tours on the glacier

If you have a more time and you are not staying at the same hotel, you can go all around Iceland in your rented car.

Definitely rent a car. Are you moving hotels as you travel to sights or home base is Reykjavík?

Awesome! Can't wait to see/hear about it.

Home base will be Reykjavík. Staying at the Storm Hotel.

Did you do tours? I want to do the Ice Climbing either in the cave or mountains.

Thank you - will def look into these as I plan my trip there...

We did Athens for a day and a half on the return leg, and that was plenty for me. Especially since we were on our honeymoon. That being said, back when we went (2009) we did a hotel since vrbo/air bnb wasnt what it is today. The hotel was nice, good central location called the Athens Gate hotel.

https://www.athensgate.gr/

I need to dig up some of our pics from the trip; they were posted to NT a long time ago.

those greece pics! def one on my list of places to visit..havent figured out my vacation for this year but i need to plan something because it is much needed

Greece trip looks amazing, thanks for the pics. I will live vicariously through you guys for the next year or year and a half. Saving for a new house so cutting the trips down a little. How were the prices for things, ATV for $20 a day seems cheap. Also how many days were you there?

All the hotels I stayed at included breakfast with a vast array of options depending on your diet so you can knock off these costs. Food in general was also fairly 'cheap' to what I would normally pay here in NYC so I didn't really notice. I had a rack of lambs, salad and pita bread for about $18 in Mykonos. Again this was a regular dining spot nothing fancy but the food was absolutely delicious.
Everything in Santorini was more expensive (souvenirs, food, tours) and this is the case since its one of the more popular island. Mykonos was also pricey, I went to one of the lively beach area (which was super tiny) and they were straight robbing people for their private boat tours. Besides that I thought everything was reasonable at far as price points.

One thing I remember about my time in Greece versus other countries (and mind you, this was in 2009 so still global economic issues) but they were always quick to be like 'my card reader doesn't work' to get you to pay cash. It got ridiculous to the point where I'd ask straight up before ordering or sitting if it worked cuz if it didnt I don't have Euros on me.

One thing I remember about my time in Greece versus other countries (and mind you, this was in 2009 so still global economic issues) but they were always quick to be like 'my card reader doesn't work' to get you to pay cash. It got ridiculous to the point where I'd ask straight up before ordering or sitting if it worked cuz if it didnt I don't have Euros on me.
Snapple fact! My buddy who went before me earlier in the year complained about this. I went with my euros exchanged but ran out and took money from the ATM's. I only had a few encounters of the card machine not working tho

While doing my research its expensive there...

Aruba in a week :pimp: I asked a while back but was ignored :blush:. Does anyone have restaurant recommendations?

Back
Top Bottom