Your Next Vacation Destination.....?

Any travel insights on Egypt?

The locals, things to do, the night life, the dining, etc.

Thinking about heading there in a few months.

I recommend that you do this tour company. They have a 3 days private tour - English tour guide. Food and entrance are covered. This will cover everything you need - pyramids, history, museums, masjids (mosque), even see baby Jesus crib.

www.tripadvisor.com

Go Discovery Travel (Giza) - 2021 All You Need to Know BEFORE You Go (with Photos) - Tripadvisor

www.tripadvisor.com
www.tripadvisor.com

(3 days tour package covering all Cairo and Giza - all included) Its about $169.35

And they pick you up and drop you off.

I would also recommend that you actually stay downtown Cairo (it’s like their New York and it’s very safe) - that way you can enjoy the night life - maybe even do a night cruise on the nile.

See the Cairo Tower to see the whole view of Cairo
Visit Khan Al Khalil for late night deserts
Go to El-Muizz street
Experience the Al-Tannoura dance troupe

Don’t spend too much time in Giza and Cario, if you can go to Luxor too (take a train or their version of the mega bus). You can also do a cruise on the Nile River to Luxor. There’s a tour guide to see the Valley of the King’s,Temple of Karnak, Luxor Temple.

Here’s a guest house I stayed in Luxor. Definitely has a home vibe feel. Plus the people cook for you - home made style food. Very inexpensive- ask them to do it

Here’s a tour guide to see both the East and Westbank. If you time try to see both

If you decide to go to Luxor (by cruise or bus) , you can even go further south to Aswan. This a very beautiful place. Has the largest population of Nubian people ( darker Egyptians). You can see Philae Temple, Pylon Panorama, go to the Nubian village, see Abu Simbel, and the High Dam.

If you decide to go North to Alexandria, where Alexander the Great and Julius Caesar has a lot of history in this city. 2 of the wonders of the world (past) is there. The lighthouse and library. They have a Habor so it’s by the water. Never been - heard they have a great diving scene.

I actually went to Hurghada to go diving. There’s really not much to do in that city. Just a bunch of resort along the side of the Red Sea. So I only spent a day and night there then went south Egypt.

The bus there is like a Megabus but roomier. And they give food. Got to see the road and cities along the way. The train is also dope, just make sure you book your ticket early, it’s a sleeper deluxe train. Get the private room - so you can get a bed and food. If not then get the next step down for it first case seat so you can get the bigger seats. It fills up fast.

You can do a cruise to there; nice but a little pricer. You can also fly. I chose The train and bus because I wanted to experience Egyptian life as a local - got to talk with them and break bread.

Hit me if you need anything. I recommend to stay away from Airbnb - not as developed. If you stay in Giza - get a hotel. I suggest Cairo - and a hoteL. Not that expensive. Just know there’s two versions of Cairo (New and Old). Old is where all the museums and sites are. New Cairo is located far away but it’s very very modern - new luxury hotels and malls.

Hit me if you need more info - you got the digits.

Last edited:
I just want the hookups on where y’all booking y’all vacation spots at. These package deals are worse than buying everything separate. Then adding on another person :sick:

I generally book straight with the airline and hotel. I use Priceline, Booking, TripAdvisor to see what's what.

Probably gonna book reservations at Sandos Finisterra Los Cabos for next month. Anybody know how safe cabo is outside of the resorts?

Any travel insights on Egypt?

The locals, things to do, the night life, the dining, etc.

Thinking about heading there in a few months.
Would love to travel there as well. Seems like a cool place to visit in more ways than one.

Just came back from Aruba on a work trip, not my favorite place, second time I’ve visited, but the sunsets never disappoint

just booked waikiki for labor day wknd
pre-registered with eh hawaii mandate 'safe travel" portal since i am vaccinated
anyone else get out there recently ?

as for egypt, cairo isnt that great
pyramids and historical museum were great but other than that the city isnt much tbh

just booked waikiki for labor day wknd
pre-registered with eh hawaii mandate 'safe travel" portal since i am vaccinated
anyone else get out there recently ?

as for egypt, cairo isnt that great
pyramids and historical museum were great but other than that the city isnt much tbh

That’s why I always advise to get out of Cairo. Have you been to New Cairo? Pretty far out.

Back
Top Bottom