Your Next Vacation Destination.....?

images

da official aepps20 aepps20 uniform

Has anyone been to italy, going with my GF in july for about 10 days and then ending in london.

Italy is nice been all over, i been to milan, rome, naples, sardegna and a couple small other cities great food and different food in all of the regions.

Where are you going?

Is Rome /Venice as bad as people say it is during the summer ?

I’ve only been during late fall/early spring

Is Rome /Venice as bad as people say it is during the summer ?

I’ve only been during late fall/early spring

Crowd wise or weather wise?

Italy has been having massive heat waves every summer for the past few years with temps frequently going over 100+F. We went to Rome summer 2022, and I like hot weather, but it was a bit difficult for us to walk around all day in that heat. Our strategy was to wake up early to avoid the excess heat and big crowds, check out the sights by 10-11 AM, and then chill rest of the day by going to our reservations or just hopping into random spots.

Crowd wise, it’s not like you’re going to be crushed walking through the streets, but it’ll be annoying to get some good views and pictures in if you don’t go early.

By the way 99% of the food in the tourist centers is TRASH generic American style/quality Italian food. I highly recommend going to the Trasteverde neighborhood for actual good Italian food; that’s where all the locals go to eat. Check out Rione 13 :pimp:

Last edited:
I plan on visiting Italy this year dolo... any recommendations on where to go... I'm thinking of staying 10 days and booking a hotel room in Rome for the 10 days then take day trips using the train to go to other cities like naples, venice, tuscany etc...

Last edited:
I plan on visiting Italy this year dolo... any recommendations on where to go... I'm thinking of staying 10 days and booking a hotel room in Rome for the 10 days then take day trips using the train to go to other cities like naples, venice, tuscany etc...

Keep the hotel in Rome and go back every night?

first time traveling to europe really so I don't know better lol...should I just book different hotels at that specific city I plan to visit?

Going to be in New York at the end of May/early June. Any recommendations on restaurants and must do’s?

Been there a few times but it’s been like 6 years. Looking more to just enjoy the food scene and site see vs hitting every landmark.

Currently thinking of doing one of the hip hop tours, check out brooklyn, maybe catch a baseball game.

first time traveling to europe really so I don't know better lol...should I just book different hotels at that specific city I plan to visit?

Yea I don't think I'd want to try to catch a train (even though they are fast / comfortable) back and forth to Rome every night. I'd probably try to split it up into a few different chunks of days, in each city. Probably 2-3 spots at most, if you want to spend time in each without just constantly traveling. But some people like to sleep on the trains on the way to their next destination.

I landed in Rome, took the high speed train to Naples (we missed the first couple trains but they run pretty frequently, but this caused me to not visit Pompeii until the way back to Rome as it was too late in the day by the time I got to Naples and the other train), then took the buster *** train to Sorrento. Stayed in Sorrento 2 nights to explore Amalfi coast, before reversing the route back to Naples (with a stop in Pompeii), and then the rest of the trip (6 days) in Rome.

Going to be in New York at the end of May/early June. Any recommendations on restaurants and must do’s?

Been there a few times but it’s been like 6 years. Looking more to just enjoy the food scene and site see vs hitting every landmark.

Currently thinking of doing one of the hip hop tours, check out brooklyn, maybe catch a baseball game.
I went last year. New Apolo in Brooklyn has fire Chinese food and if you drink, get a henny colada (you can get one to go to).

John's of Bleeker Street had the best chicken parm I have ever had and I still miss it :blush: :lol:

There's a hip-hop muesum in the Bronx that's pretty cool. I know they were working on building a bigger one in the same area but I'm not sure if it's open yet. Mass Appeal has the Conscious Hip-Hop Unconscious exhibit as well.

No doubt. Let me compile a list for you, lol.

Food: For pizza we have Dani's in Queens, Dunwoodie in Yonkers, Pugsley in the Bronx, John's of Bleeker in Manhattan(expect to wait in line a little here), New Park pizza in Queens, Best Pizza in Williamsburg. I have PLENTY more pizza recs as it's my all time fave food but these few are a good small amount to recommend, lol.

For Thai food I like Top Thai on Carmine Street. Indian food in the 5 boroughs I like Sagar on Union Turnpike. It's a Chinese/Indian fusion restaurant. Dosa Hutt in Flushing is great for South Indian style food which differs from regular mainstream Indian food.

Dessert: Surreal Creamery 2nd Ave in Manhattan, Oasis Cafe in Queens(their pastries are elite), Chip City- superb moist & pillowy cookies in Bay Terrace, Queens. If you like Baklava head over to Steinway & go to Al Sham. Literally everything there is elite.

Lounging: I've only been to hookah lounges & not hardcore clubs & stuff so if you're into hookah Steinway Street in Queens has a great selection. The entire 10 block radius is heavy on Arab/Mediterranean food/entertainment/culture. Layali Dubai is laidback & Melody has 2 dance floors, hookah, belly dancers & bar. There's also a a dope hookah lounge near me called Fitoor. Great food/hookah/vibes/plenty of TVs playing different stuff. Expanding on lounging...plethora of strip clubs in Manhattan.

Touristy ****: Let's start with the obvious: Times Sq, lol. Bright lights, weird people as far as the eyes can see, plenty of shopping options. WTC memorial/museum(Manhattan). If you have the time check it out, it's a terrific experienc. USS Intrepid on Pier 86. It's a retired American aircraft carrier that's been converted & preserved as a museum. They also have air & space related exhibits. I love it, it's a lot of fun. The High Line- is a 1.45-mile-long elevated linear park, greenway and rail trail created on a former New York Central Railroad spur on the west side of Manhattan in New York City. Fun little stroll to a converted green space in the city. Little Island- a Island park with a striking stilt design, featuring flower beds & shows at a waterside amphitheater. It's a manmade walk space funded by some billionaire with artistic concrete flower beds.

It's neat & fun and not too far from the World Trade Center. Empire State Building: Observation deck($86 ticket) views of NYC from the 86th & 102nd floors of the world icon Empire State Building. I went here few weeks ago & few pages back posted some pictures. If you're into architecture & views from up above you'll love this. Times Sq has the M&M store/Disney store/Flagship Krispy Kreme/Ripley's Museum/Madame Tussauds wax museum & bunch more stuff. It's hectic in Times Sq but not going to lie without hoards of people it can be fun. Just keep your head on a swivel wealking around there & especially if you'll be using the Subway system. There's a lot of sus characters down there but you'll be ok just be aware of your surroundings at all times. Sorry not trying to scare you just want to keep it real & inform you best I can.

I have A **** ton of more recs, lol, just let me know.
GreenNGold89 GreenNGold89 here are more suggestions from zmaqbool zmaqbool I recieved when I requested some places last year.

Not at all
I don’t speak any Japanese either just simple things like hello and thank you
There is a lot of English signage all over (trains, buses, and restaurants etc.)

You’ll be fine my guy
Tokyo is very accommodating for English-only speakers. Kyoto, Osaka, and Fukuoka are the same but you’ll run into more Japanese-only stores/staff. More often than not they’ll use a translation app.

Sapporo/Hokkaido is manageable but have Google Translate and Maps ready. Had to take a bus to the Hill of the Buddha. All the bus stops were in Japanese but they had the Hill in English as its a major traveler destination.

This thread is the ****, sad I'm not posting as usual anymore, did a couple of big trips this past year, now gearing up for Mexico in two weeks with bendover bendover and the Argentina, Buenos Aires down to the Patagonia in September, quick visit to NY in the middle and hopefully Peru EOY and Australia for the beginning of next year, squeezing Thailand and Japan for sure in that leg.

This thread is the ****, sad I'm not posting as usual anymore, did a couple of big trips this past year, now gearing up for Mexico in two weeks with bendover bendover and the Argentina, Buenos Aires down to the Patagonia in September, quick visit to NY in the middle and hopefully Peru EOY and Australia for the beginning of next year, squeezing Thailand and Japan for sure in that leg.
tell angelito i said whats up

Patagonia looks amazing I would love to go there one day, especially with me being chileno

My dad has been there a bunch. He said it’s dope, only bad part is getting there takes a few days.

Patagonia, vietnam and Louisiana for some reason are his favorite work trips.

Just got my tickets for summer in Tokyo, will be there for two weeks. Haven’t traveled thru asia solo before, so I’m feeling really intimidated, but thought it was important to challenge myself and stretch my comfort zones

Stay hydrated and be ready for the humidity. Tokyo might be my favorite city in the world.

Back
Top Bottom