Your team is down two, who would you give the ball to? Kobe? Jordan? Reggie? Bird? Horry? Magic?

I just can't see why some would not take a person who has done this:

- 1989 Playoffs in the first round against Cleveland in the deciding 5th game, hits "the shot" on the buzzer over Craig Ehlo

- 1991 Finals game 3 against the Lakers, hits the shot to tie the game and make it go to OT and eventually won, that put them up 2-1 in the series

- 1993 Playoffs in the 2nd round against the Cleveland in Game 4, hits a shot on Gerald Wilkins who was all over him on the buzzer to complete the sweep

- 1997 Finals Game 1 against the Jazz, he hits the money shot over Russell on the buzzer to set the tone of the series

- 1997 Finals Game 5 against the Jazz playing with the flu hits the bone crusher 3 pointer with 25 seconds left to break the tie and they eventually won the game

- 1997 Finals Game 6, against the Jazz, although this was not his game winning shot but a game winning assist, was when he passed out of the double-team and gave it to Steve Kerr and that sealed the Finals

- 1998 Finals Game 6, against the Jazz, down 3 with 40 seconds, he gets a quick layup, steals the ball from Malone which led to his final shot as a Bull. He crossed Russell and steered him to his right and he knocked down the jumper and that sealed the finals.

If you can name anyone else who has this type of heroics as this man, get at me.

Everyone's going to say Dirk because they just won the title. Ask this question after this upcoming season if the Mavs don't win...Hardly anyone will mention Dirk,

Gonna go with my two dudes, Kobe & MJ. Give me either, I'll live with the result win or lose.

Give the ball to/5-10 seconds left? Jordan or Bird.

Enough time for just one shot/1-3 seconds left? Reggie.

Originally Posted by 6 rings MJ

Nobody.. I'm taking the last shot..

pimp.gif

gonna have to go with mj and kobe - both have the ability to create their own shot like no other....

reggie needs to come off a screen

horry needs to be open and thats it hahaha

Originally Posted by Xtapolapacetl

Give the ball to/5-10 seconds left? Jordan or Bird.

Enough time for just one shot/1-3 seconds left? Reggie.

that...makes sense...

who the #%$# stole this account? that you shab?

Down two....you best believe i am going for the win....so who do i need to shoot that three???

larry-bird-action11.jpg

Originally Posted by scoop99

- 1993 Playoffs in the 2nd round against the Cleveland in Game 4, hits a shot on Gerald Wilkins who was all over him on the buzzer to complete the sweep

This game came on last night
pimp.gif

Him and Scottie went DUMB in the 4th.

But its either Mike or Larry... with Reggie being the option under 3 secs like Xtapolapacetl stated

[h1]
[/h1]
L.A. LAKERS |

buzzer-beater.jpg

Over his 15-year career, Kobe Bryant has made only 39 of 115 attempts in the final 24 seconds of a game with the Lakers trailing. (NBAE via Getty Images)

Henry Abbott of TrueHoop is going to get a ton of hate mail for writing something that is really, at its heart, not so shocking. The upshot of Henry’s piece is that Kobe Bryant is not what believers would term “clutch.
[/url][/h1]

I linked to that article and the Henry Abbott article but people are probably just gonna quote it and cross out the whole thing because it has numbers. 
laugh.gif

People choose to remember only the ones like this and conveniently forget the ones like this, even though the latter are a lot more frequent.

[h4]With the game on the line[/h4]
Trailing by one or two points, or tied, in the final 24 seconds of regular-season and playoff games since 1996-97, with a minimum of 30 shots. From Alok Pattani of ESPN Stats & Information.
[table][tr][th=""]Player[/th][th=""]Makes[/th][th=""]Attempts[/th][th=""]FG%[/th][/tr][tr][td]Carmelo Anthony[/td][td]21[/td][td]44[/td][td]47.7[/td][/tr][tr][td]Chris Paul[/td][td]14[/td][td]31[/td][td]45.2[/td][/tr][tr][td]Shawn Marion[/td][td]12[/td][td]30[/td][td]40[/td][/tr][tr][td]Brandon Roy[/td][td]12[/td][td]30[/td][td]40[/td][/tr][tr][td]Hedo Turkoglu[/td][td]12[/td][td]30[/td][td]40[/td][/tr][tr][td]Rashard Lewis[/td][td]18[/td][td]46[/td][td]39.1[/td][/tr][tr][td]Glenn Robinson[/td][td]14[/td][td]36[/td][td]38.9[/td][/tr][tr][td]Deron Williams[/td][td]14[/td][td]36[/td][td]38.9[/td][/tr][tr][td]Mike Bibby[/td][td]15[/td][td]39[/td][td]38.5[/td][/tr][tr][td]Dirk Nowitzki[/td][td]25[/td][td]65[/td][td]38.5[/td][/tr][tr][td]Jalen Rose[/td][td]12[/td][td]32[/td][td]37.5[/td][/tr][tr][td]Tim Duncan[/td][td]23[/td][td]62[/td][td]37.1[/td][/tr][tr][td]Eddie Jones[/td][td]13[/td][td]36[/td][td]36.1[/td][/tr][tr][td]Karl Malone[/td][td]11[/td][td]31[/td][td]35.5[/td][/tr][tr][td]Ben Gordon[/td][td]17[/td][td]49[/td][td]34.7[/td][/tr][tr][td]Chris Webber[/td][td]18[/td][td]52[/td][td]34.6[/td][/tr][tr][td]Raymond Felton[/td][td]12[/td][td]36[/td][td]33.3[/td][/tr][tr][td]LeBron James[/td][td]23[/td][td]69[/td][td]33.3[/td][/tr][tr][td]Ray Allen[/td][td]23[/td][td]70[/td][td]32.9[/td][/tr][tr][td]Gilbert Arenas[/td][td]13[/td][td]40[/td][td]32.5[/td][/tr][tr][td]Vince Carter[/td][td]31[/td][td]96[/td][td]32.3[/td][/tr][tr][td]Steve Francis[/td][td]14[/td][td]44[/td][td]31.8[/td][/tr][tr][td]Damon Stoudamire[/td][td]12[/td][td]38[/td][td]31.6[/td][/tr][tr][td]Nick Van Exel[/td][td]16[/td][td]51[/td][td]31.4[/td][/tr][tr][td]Kobe Bryant[/td][td]36[/td][td]115[/td][td]31.3[/td][/tr][tr][td]Jason Terry[/td][td]14[/td][td]45[/td][td]31.1[/td][/tr][tr][td]Allen Iverson[/td][td]21[/td][td]68[/td][td]30.9[/td][/tr][tr][td]Kevin Garnett[/td][td]22[/td][td]72[/td][td]30.6[/td][/tr][tr][td]Ron Artest[/td][td]9[/td][td]30[/td][td]30[/td][/tr][tr][td]Allan Houston[/td][td]12[/td][td]41[/td][td]29.3[/td][/tr][tr][td]Entire league[/td][td]2038[/td][td]6861[/td][td]29.7[/td][/tr][/table]

Back
Top Bottom