Your Thoughts On The Payment As A Gift Method

rex ryan

Banned
Personally I think it works great for sellers and for buyers as long as they pay with credit card and know who their dealing with.  (you should know who your dealing with when buying stuff regardless of how you pay though)

It allows sellers to provide more reasonable prices and buyers to find better deals.

Personally I feel anyone who's against the payment as a gift method shouldn't try to offer sellers less then their asking price  if their not willing to either pay as a gift or cover the fees as it's inconsiderate of them to expect the seller to drop their price if their not willing to help the seller make as much money as possible as well.

I will never send as a gift. I would rather pay the extra 4% as insurance for myself, just in case something does go wrong.

Originally Posted by 4318MichaelJohnson4318

Why would someone pay as a gift? I am not giving you a gift im giving you a payment.

This times a million.

Originally Posted by 23MichaelJordan45

I will never send as a gift. I would rather pay the extra 4% as insurance for myself, just in case something does go wrong.
i'd do the same and have done it when buying stuff online with people i'm not familar with but not on niketalk since they don't allow that option.   if it's someone i deal with regularly, someone with a solid reputation, or it's a small transaction where i know they wouldn't risk their reputation over something that small i'll send it as a gift but i always pay with a credit card when doing so. 

Originally Posted by 4318MichaelJohnson4318

Why would someone pay as a gift? I am not giving you a gift im giving you a payment.

do you ever offer a seller less then their asking price?  if so  don't you consider it unreasonable to offer a seller $80  on something they want $100 for  then refuse to either pay as a gift or cover the fees?  you pretty much would want them to lower their price for you and take the L on fees on top of that.

Welp PayPal started charging me a fee on gift payments saying I'm receiving too many. I think people should add the 4% since its always the sellers terms

im about as legit as NDC so when anyone deals with me they have no problem sending as gift. i dont demand it either but makes it easier and at times helps me save a few bucks. never had complaints but then again i dont mess with people and their money.

I got scammed by a nter with this. Israel5fjfjd whatever his name is. The phone guy who spams everyones inbox and phone threads. I thought he was legit. Then I found out he scammed me, face82 and tried to scam a soldier in Iraq. I posted his address and put money on his head to beat his $$! and record it but no one bit. Last time I try to save someone some money. Dumb mistake.

Originally Posted by MPLSdunk

I got scammed by a nter with this. Israel5fjfjd whatever his name is. The phone guy who spams everyones inbox and phone threads. I thought he was legit. Then I found out he scammed me, face82 and tried to scam a soldier in Iraq. I posted his address and put money on his head to beat his $$! and record it but no one bit. Last time I try to save someone some money. Dumb mistake.

smh he asked me if i was selling my iphone

When it comes to NT, there is no debate. 
We don't allow fraud, "payment by gift" is the most common MEANS of committing fraud, and "payment by gift" is itself an attempt to defraud PayPal.

It isn't allow here and if you catch someone trying it, refer them to me or to any member of our buy/sell team and we'll revoke their listing privileges.  

Yea do not deal with that fool.

Meth I don't know his all his SN but it's irael5 then I forget the rest. I'm sure you've already dealt with him though.

OP i dont mean the rob your thread but i got a quick question for my everyday pay pal users.

If my accounts is unverified, can i still send and receive money to/from other people?

I heard that if i receive, then paypal is gonna lock down that money until i verify. is that true?

Originally Posted by 23MichaelJordan45

happened to me--- DUDE GOT ME 911 LARGE 
alien.gif
alien.gif
alien.gif
alien.gif

but luckily I sent as payment so in 2-3 weeks paypal refunded me my money.  It was weird from jump , I shouldn't have done it but dang that price was too good to pass up (911 for a macbook pro) 

Originally Posted by Hoy Its Lindsay

OP i dont mean the rob your thread but i got a quick question for my everyday pay pal users.

If my accounts is unverified, can i still send and receive money to/from other people?

I heard that if i receive, then paypal is gonna lock down that money until i verify. is that true?

Yes you can, I have been doing this for around 5 years. As long as your address is CONFIRMED you should be fine. No way in hell i'm adding a bank account just to get the "verified" title. Too many horror stories on here. I would rather have my CC connected just in case i ever have to file a charge back rather than taking money directly out of my bank.

Originally Posted by megatron

Yes you can, I have been doing this for around 5 years. As long as your address is CONFIRMED you should be fine. No way in hell i'm adding a bank account just to get the "verified" title. Too many horror stories on here. I would rather have my CC connected just in case i ever have to file a charge back rather than taking money directly out of my bank.
And how do i confirm my address? I added a pre-paid debit card 
laugh.gif

Will that be good enough?

Originally Posted by Method Man

We don't allow fraud, "payment by gift" is the most common MEANS of committing fraud, and "payment by gift" is itself an attempt to defraud PayPal.

It isn't allow here and if you catch someone trying it, refer them to me or to any member of our buy/sell team and we'll revoke their listing privileges.  
but doesnt the members of the buy and sell section approve or deny posts yet they still let people post threads asking for payment as gift.

im confused.

laugh.gif

I added a credit card and made a purchase with it via paypal to get my address confirmed.
It should work for a debit card, not sure about a pre-paid one.

laugh.gif

I added a credit card and made a purchase with it via paypal to get my address confirmed.
It should work for a debit card, not sure about a pre-paid one.

Ok. I just checked my profile and it says "Home Confirmed" so i guess my address is confirmed 
eyes.gif
laugh.gif

thanks for responding back! 

I think it's stupid dudes stay getting scammed doing this and yet noone learns
I never knew its not allowed on buy/sell forum to request payment as a gift
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by Zyzz

Originally Posted by Method Man

but doesnt the members of the buy and sell section approve or deny posts yet they still let people post threads asking for payment as gift.

im confused.

i was wondering the same thing.   still just in general i think when a deal is made both sides need to be considerate of the other.  i'm not talking just niketalk. i've  had stuff listed on ebay, where buyers would message me asking me what's the best price i could give them.  i explained to them that ebay fees add up and they were factored into my price and that if they choose to look at my perfect feedback and deal outside of ebay i could give them a 10% discount as I would still be making the same amount and they would save. Most of the time they would see the bigger picture and do it and we both won. Every now and then I would get a few that would refuse and I would just ask them why would I lower the price for them and help them out when their not willing to help me out.  Regardless if it's ebay, NT, or anywhere else those type of people aren't worth dealing with to me.  They think everything is all about them.

Originally Posted by Shorty Doo Wop

I think it's stupid dudes stay getting scammed doing this and yet noone learns
I never knew its not allowed on buy/sell forum to request payment as a gift
nerd.gif

stupid dudes don't get scammed because of the gift method.

stupid dudes get scammed because their impulsive, they don't check for references from a seller,  they see a good price and don't think "hmmm maybe this is too good to be true"  they don't ask necessary questions or find out who their dealing with. 

i've bought shoes off here for close to 8 years and have never got scammed once and i've sent payment as a gift, regular payment, and in the rare occasion money order but in all these deals, i've always made sure to know who i was dealing with.  most of the time if this is done problems are avoided.

Back
Top Bottom