Your top 3 R&B Albums of 2007???

1. Tank - Sex, Love and Pain (This album was incredible, from front to back. Its a very grown and mature sound. A very deep album
2. Trey Songz - Trey Day (I see alot of people love this album but alot hate it as well. I thought this album was crazy nice, his voice was on point and hejust crafted a nice project
3. Jaheim - The Makings Of A Man (I cant believe how nice this was, i thought it would be average but it was a gem

Honorable Mentions
Musiq Soulchild - Luvanmusiq
J. Holiday - Back Of My Lac
Alicia Keys - As I Am
Joe - Ain't Nothin Like Me
Keyshia Cole - Just Like You

No offense but

Trey Day?
sick.gif

Trey Songz is such a damn disappointment. One of the illest voices in ALL of music, and he releases an album like THAT?? It sounded like a mixtape
laugh.gif
. First album was hot and he actually tried to do things that everyone elsewasn't doing. I don't know what the !+#% he was thinking with this new one.

Anyway... top 3 albums is most definitely IMO....

Jill Scott - The Real Thing Vol. 3
Mary J Blige - Growing Pains
Lloyd - Street Dreams

1.Keyshia Cole-Just Like You
2.Lloyd-Street Love
3.Alicia Keys - As I Am

Trey Day was a brick

1. Musiq Soulchild- Luvanmusiq: Top 10 album of any genre in my opinion. The production is excellent, and the album flows very well. "BetterMan" wasmy favorite song off the album, then probably Rediculous or TakeYouThere. Regardless, all of the songs were terrific and it's nothing that you can reallyskip on the album, unless you're trying really hard. Perfect R&B album in my mind.

2. Mary J. Blige- Growing Pains: The queen still doin her thing, and even though she's making music that women can relate to the most, you can understandwhere she is coming from so well, especially through the likes of Sean Garrett and The Dream. Favorite track on here, probably Work In Progress (Growing Pains)(and Roses has a beat that sound like something Jeezy would use).

3. Lloyd- Street Love: Very surprising to me, because I didn't know or expect Lloyd to come with some heat. One For Me is one of my favorite songs thisyear.

-Jill Scott - The Real Thing Vol.3

-W. Ellington Felton - The Last Temptation of Wes Felton

waiting for that new Raheem DeVaughn to drop later this month, should be
pimp.gif

in no order

Lloyd for sure, I like that album front to back

Jaheim's album is real good

Musiq def made his comeback after Soulstar pretty much sucked

and Tank is def an HM

LLoyd- Street Dreams
pimp.gif

Jagged Edge- Baby Makin Project, jus a good feel to this one
devil.gif

Alicia Key- As I am

1 - J. Holiday - Back Of My Lac

2 - Joe - Ain't Nothin' Like Me

3 - Tank - Sex, Love and Pain

And letdown of the year goes to........
Tre.... Chris Brown.

Chris Brown's 1st album was real hot IMO, and I was expecting big things from his 2nd one. I'm pretty sure he won't be going upward anymore.

Trey and Ne-yo let me down too.

J. Holiday- Back of My Lac
And I agree with those saying that Trey Day sucked. I popped in the cd in the whip and once the first song came on I was like awww hellll nah. "Cant HelpBut Wait" is still the cut though.

I'll have to go with Trey Day (either a love it or hate it album), Street Love (really surprised me), especially for the 7.99 that I got it for on iTunes,and As I Am. I also really enjoyed Musiq and Mario's albums as well.

where the hell do u guys see street DREAMS????????
eek.gif
talk about follow the leader
anyway my top 3:

1- Lloyd - Street Love
2- Trey Songz - Trey Day
3- Musiq - Luvanmusiq

I'm the one who accidently said Street Dreams... dunno what was on my mind at the time
laugh.gif

But yes, Street Love is that crack and the album stays in the CD changer.

And The Dream's songwriting on his album is not impressive... I don't know what the *$%# some of yall have been listening to. His songwriting for OTHERartists, however, is excellent

Back
Top Bottom