Your Top 5 Rappers Currently That FELL OFF

DMX
Eminem
Nas
Man...If NaS would just drop another Illmatic, my life would be great. And I always thought it would be cool if Em would do a double album. 1disc Slim Shady persona and the 2nd disc Marshall Mathers...As for DMX, I think its safe to say hes done making music.

mos def
smh.gif

some of y'all are buggin...

i know the weezy hate here is incredible...and i understand that cuz like grittyman said he don't even speak english no more (that lollipop is stupid ashell, but
eek.gif
in the clubs), but to say that dude wasn't nice at one point is pure hate.

as for budden, dude showed in mm3 he still got it.

clipse? seriously? push been goin at it like NOBODY"S business at the moment.

Originally Posted by allen3xis

More than one person thinks Budden has fallen off?

HOW??

eek.gif

"With the rap game as is, either you some snap sh!# or plain ole stuck in another decade like Da Brat is"- Joe Budden

Some people need to look forward, not backward. Your favorite who put out what you consider some of the best music of all-time, probably won't do it again.Nas wont make Illmatic, Jay-Z another Reasonable Doubt, Snoop another Doggystyle or OutKast another ATLiens etc. With the current state the music industrythings will never go back to what it was. I dont think these artists fell off, they moved on.

Jay-Z should be on a fell off list without question, that dude aint been jack since the blueprint and before that Vol. 2

Game - I used to bump the Documentary every day in my Volvo back in senior year of high school- I could listen to that front to back any day- Doctor'sAdvocate was not that good- waiting to hear his new stuff before I pass any more judgment
Banks - Same as the Game- I loved The Hunger for More- most tracks on that are fire and I still listen to them- Rotten Apple was pretty much garbage and hehasn't put out any good mixtapes in a while- waiting on the new G-Unit CD to see if he's lost it
Eminem - Definitely one of my favorite rappers ever- and one of the most talented- his first 3 CD's are classics in my eyes (at least Marshall Mathers LPand The Eminem Show)- Encore and all the junk he put out after TES was some of the worst music I have ever heard- really hope dude makes a comeback soon
50 Cent- See Game and Banks (A.K.A. GRODT is a classic and>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> everything afterwards that 50 has put out)

Originally Posted by krazy88s

Originally Posted by allen3xis

More than one person thinks Budden has fallen off?

HOW??

eek.gif

"With the rap game as is, either you some snap sh!# or plain ole stuck in another decade like Da Brat is"- Joe Budden

Some people need to look forward, not backward. Your favorite who put out what you consider some of the best music of all-time, probably won't do it again. Nas wont make Illmatic, Jay-Z another Reasonable Doubt, Snoop another Doggystyle or OutKast another ATLiens etc. With the current state the music industry things will never go back to what it was. I dont think these artists fell off, they moved on.

Truest thing I've seen in the music forum in awhile.

Banks - Same as the Game- I loved The Hunger for More- most tracks on that are fire and I still listen to them- Rotten Apple was pretty much garbage and he hasn't put out any good mixtapes in a while- waiting on the new G-Unit CD to see if he's lost it
In that case, looking forward to see dude fail you shouldn't even bother listening.

Lil Wayne- he let all the hype get to his head

3 6 Mafia- ever since they won a grammy they've gone commercial

Luda
Em
Banks
Camron
Ja Rule (hate em or love em, you can't deny he used to be the wayne of rap in terms of radio play)

Originally Posted by mossman75

Jay-Z should be on a fell off list without question, that dude aint been jack since the blueprint and before that Vol. 2

c'mon fam. you lyin to yourself if you say the black album wasn't heat. !%+* is near-classic for most people. (classic imo, but change clothesshouldn't be on there)

i know i'ma seem like a stan with this...
but...

he fell off in the sense that he reached such a certain level of greatness and he isn't on par with that anymore. he may have fallen off, but matter offact is he still better than most dudes. AG ain't even that bad (kingdom come was buns though)

I have a rather bold list...

Mos Def - He's more of a singer than a rapper now.

Andre 3000 - Same thing; he still got it, I feel like he just doesn't actually want to rap anymore though.

Talib Kweli - Something happened to him lyrically in between Quality and Beautiful Struggle and it wasn't good.

Jay-Z - He should have stayed retired; Kingdom Come was ok and American Gangster was a little better but he isn't touching the Jay-Z of the early part ofthis decade.

Method Man - He's gotten progressively worse with each album.

Originally Posted by AirVandal180

I have a rather bold list...

Mos Def - He's more of a singer than a rapper now.

Andre 3000 - Same thing; he still got it, I feel like he just doesn't actually want to rap anymore though.

Talib Kweli - Something happened to him lyrically in between Quality and Beautiful Struggle and it wasn't good.

Jay-Z - He should have stayed retired; Kingdom Come was ok and American Gangster was a little better but he isn't touching the Jay-Z of the early part of this decade.

Method Man - He's gotten progressively worse with each album.

Thats not his fault though, "blueprint" was his best work and that would mean that every album after that would have to be a classic from then onout and that just isn't going to happen.

Back
Top Bottom