YUKU UNAPPRECATION

it seems its only niketalk other yuku forums going through just niketalk page keeps failing traffic or there doing matienence cause other forums not giving no problems

I swear i have never been on any other forum/site or whatever that had as many problems as this has. Its pathetic honestly and a horrible look for business.

Now the most recent pages of some threads are disappearing 
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by ChipToothSmile

Originally Posted by swishasweets

Yea I figured something was going on, not one page has loaded on my iPhone for the past 4 days.

ok good. i thought it was just me. i was gonna return my damn iphone.
NT is serious business for some of you folks
laugh.gif
. I've been here for years and I have nothing but confidence in Meth. We'll get through this guys.

Ironically I get to page 2 only to see no posts...

I just wanted to say while it is extremely annoying, I personally appreciate all the updates Admin/Staff give us to let us at least know it's not lost on them, either.

Originally Posted by LazyJ10

I just wanted to say while it is extremely annoying, I personally appreciate all the updates Admin/Staff give us to let us at least know it's not lost on them, either.

they seriously need to fix that.

especially in multipage (20+) threads. if you go through your recent posts and click on one of those threads, 99.999999% of the time, it'll take you to a blank page. you have to go a previous page than click on the next page to see any content.

god damn annoying.

i don't know if it's been brought up, but another forum i admin at has an autoprune feature, where after 'x' amount of time, the username is deactivated for non-use. i don't know if that'd help with any issues, or with a potential move to another service in terms of migrating the user database.

Table size can cause some of the performance issues we experience, it isn't an impediment to migration.  The simple fact of the matter is that we don't have access to the raw data.  When you create a Yuku community, you can't access user passwords and the like or download an image of the community as a whole.  Yuku communities are proprietary, meaning that, unlike vbulletin et al., you can't take one and run it on your own servers.  All Yuku communities remain part of the Yuku network and its servers.  We own the content and obviously we own the domain, but without access to the raw data it's very difficult to migrate anything of use to a new setup.  In other words, you have to be pretty damned certain when you pull the trigger, because it's going to take you literally years to rebuild what you'll lose in post/user data.  We've opted to be patient and give inbound ownership groups the opportunity to live up to all their promises, but obviously the network has endured a string of failed management teams in recent years.  

ezboard/Yuku has changed hands four times since we've been here.  The instability is really what's killing it.  

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/font]
And Yuku's still adding weight to the avys I upload

That's a matter of prioritization.  The Yuku network serves millions of people.  Of that group, what percentage do you honestly think cares about the efficiency of avatar resampling?  As broadband access increases and we add mobile optimization, we should be able to increase the limit, but the resampling issue is the least of our worries right now.  In hindsight, we should've required that all users limit themselves to STILL images for their avatars.  Due to resizing, it's impossible for stills to exceed our limit and nobody would have their avatars disabled for size concerns.
it seems its only niketalk other yuku forums going through just niketalk page keeps failing traffic or there doing matienence cause other forums not giving no problems

NikeTalk is the largest community on the Yuku network.  We experience problems their other communities don't because our database is so much larger.  

We have several years' worth of content stored here.  That should be treated as an asset, not a liability.  We've pitched solutions that would allow us to archive older content without deleting it, but with all the turmoil in ownership nothing has gotten enough traction to actually get done.  The hosting move, however, was sufficient in effectively solving the problem for us.  We could even move topics again without crashing the board.  Now we're seeing a return of those old problems, associated with inadequate hosting capabilities, because the hosting's being tinkered with.  

We're not happy about it to say the least, but if we have, say, two weeks of growing pains as the new team learns the system, that's still preferable to the disruption that would be created by a platform change.  
Niketalk.com*

Yeah, I would suggest that everyone change their bookmarks.  We made that change recently for pretty obvious reasons.  When pages are indexed via search engine etc., we want it to be under niketalk.com, not niketalk.yuku.com.  We're in this for the long run.  We're obviously not confident enough in Yuku to be comfortable co-branding our website with them.  

It's possible that we're experiencing some minor issues related to the redirect change, and that's being investigated, but it's a good idea to change your bookmarks regardless.  In any "doomsday" scenario with Yuku, we own the NikeTalk.com domain and if we have to start from absolute zero under it, we will.  

That's server lag.  To put it in basic terms:  you were connected to the master server, which is 100% up to date, and clicked a link to page 2. Your request was handled by a secondary server, which is a few hours behind, and so it doesn't have page 2 available.  They need to get them caught up, which means we probably have some more downtime in our future, unfortunately.  

I've already spoken with the CEO and I'm in contact with their tech staff.  They've BEEN hearing from me about this.  Believe that.  
especially in multipage (20+) threads. if you go through your recent posts and click on one of those threads, 99.999999% of the time, it'll take you to a blank page. you have to go a previous page than click on the next page to see any content.

That's not necessarily server lag.  Sometimes we have to "soft delete" content from the site so that it's no longer publicly visible, but we retain a record of it for administrative purposes.  In those cases, it's possible that there are, say, 20 hidden posts (one full page) in addition to 80 visible posts.  So, when you click on the last page, there's nothing to show, because it's set to display posts 80-100 and the visible posts stop at 80.  

Granted, this is not an ideal system.  In fact, conventional page numbering isn't necessarily an ideal system.  For the time being, though, we just have to make do with the tools available.  

One way or another, we expect and demand a major substantive improvement within the next few months.  We didn't get into this mess overnight and we won't get out of it overnight, but we'll be evaluating Yuku's new ownership/management team very closely over the coming weeks in the course of plotting our community's future. 

In the meantime, the staff and I greatly appreciate everyone's patience and support.  

I see a count of 91,918 members, Meth. Newest NTer is newbuck. Brb, going to go troll him.

Originally Posted by Method Man

That's not necessarily server lag.  Sometimes we have to "soft delete" content from the site so that it's no longer publicly visible, but we retain a record of it for administrative purposes.  In those cases, it's possible that there are, say, 20 hidden posts (one full page) in addition to 80 visible posts.  So, when you click on the last page, there's nothing to show, because it's set to display posts 80-100 and the visible posts stop at 80.  

Granted, this is not an ideal system.  In fact, conventional page numbering isn't necessarily an ideal system.  For the time being, though, we just have to make do with the tools available. 

???  What could you mods possibly be deleting/hiding in the PS3 thread, the Battlefield3 thread, the MW3 thread, etc?
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by derrty6232

Originally Posted by Method Man

???  What could you mods possibly be deleting/hiding in the PS3 thread, the Battlefield3 thread, the MW3 thread, etc?
nerd.gif

This is unbearable now.
tired.gif
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom