• V

Votes: 4 57.1%
  • VI

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • VII

• Total voters
Resell is ridiculous man looks like these will be admired from my phone and computer screen. Congrats to those who got a pair to wear. One of the best if not the greatest releases this yeAr. The execution on these was flawless

Congrats sneakermane, them is clean. good to actually see them on someone's feet and not on ebay.

My og ASG and blackout > prelude
Most definitely.  I feel like sneakerheads frequently get caught in the "MUST-HAVE" mentality and forget what $300+ can get them for sneakers.  I am disappointed I missed out on the Prelude 1s, but there are many other Kobes I would rather have than them for $300+.  My ASG 1s cost me $110 DS a couple years ago and my DS MPLS 1s cost me $65.  I'm not going after these on the aftermarket until they settle down around $350 or below (that may not happen), even then I highly doubt I'll shell out the cash for these.

Let's be honest, Kobes have NEVER had much re-sell value and I love that.  There are few releases that carry heavy resale value.  Most of the times it is 2x retail max, which is acceptable in today's sneaker world.  I would recommend you all make a list of sneaker you missed out on then when you miss a hyped release reference the list and decide which one you like better and go after them.  Don't get caught up in the "MUST-HAVE" mentality.

Based on eBay prices, that KC price isn't looking so bad now.
roll.gif
That's how it always goes with pre-orders. No one wants to order from them cause they're above retail (And cause there's always some chance you'll be able to cop for retail), but when you miss out on the shoe things look a lot different. How much are resellers pricing these at right now?

Last edited:
My og ASG and blackout > prelude
Most definitely.  I feel like sneakerheads frequently get caught in the "MUST-HAVE" mentality and forget what $300+ can get them for sneakers.  I am disappointed I missed out on the Prelude 1s, but there are many other Kobes I would rather have than them for $300+.  My ASG 1s cost me $110 DS a couple years ago and my DS MPLS 1s cost me $65.  I'm not going after these on the aftermarket until they settle down around $350 or below (that may not happen), even then I highly doubt I'll shell out the cash for these.

Let's be honest, Kobes have NEVER had much re-sell value and I love that.  There are few releases that carry heavy resale value.  Most of the times it is 2x retail max, which is acceptable in today's sneaker world.  I would recommend you all make a list of sneaker you missed out on then when you miss a hyped release reference the list and decide which one you like better and go after them.  Don't get caught up in the "MUST-HAVE" mentality.
This.

I wouldn't mind a few of these, but for the higher retail price + the headache to obtain em, I don't feel bad not even trying (for myself, will be trying online for friends) for these. It's actually a good feeling.

Sigh. Had I would have been able to get a pair at retail, I would have worn them. But now at these prices, just not worth it anymore. Going to have to let this one go. 
tired.gif

I know its been said but seriously, its really a huge bummer that this entire pack is so limited.  I feel like when the 9s come out, even at $230 is going to be hard to get (at least the first cw). 
ohwell.gif
not looking too forward to the upcoming weeks. 

tried to scoop at nike lenox thinking everyone was gunning for the WTKs... failed. ****.

Last edited:
:rofl: That's how it always goes with pre-orders. No one wants to order from them cause they're above retail (And cause there's always some chance you'll be able to cop for retail), but when you miss out on the shoe things look a lot different. How much are resellers pricing these at right now?

Yeah, that's exactly how it works. It's always a risk. I remember when the Royal 1s released this year, pre-order was in the $225 range. Once the release came and was more limited than people expected, resell jumped to the high $300s.

Prelude 1s in the $500 - $600 range right now.

Last edited:
I'm only interested in 4,5,6 & 8. Other than that I'll be cooh. I think those pop the most but that's just my .02.

Nobody wanted these older kobes back in the day when they were plentiful and had great colorways, limit the numbers like crazy and no matter how ugly they are people eat them up. Times have changed.

Back
Top Bottom