Zoom Kobe 8 system NikeID thread ***NO SET DATE (yet) WHEN THESE WILL BE TAKEN DOWN***

Nice Dukies. Are the swoosh and logo dark grey? Can you post the snake logo on the tongue?

Kill Bill came out good too. Looks like there's two small scratches that's bleeding that the speckles created on the left midsole lol.

Last edited:
Nice Dukies. Are the swoosh and logo dark grey? Can you post the snake logo on the tongue?

Kill Bill came out good too. Looks like there's two small scratches that's bleeding that the speckles created on the left midsole lol.
Thanks for the feedback guys. Really appreciate it. And the swoosh/logo is stadium grey. I will take a pic of the logo on the tongue when I get home.

I just remembered you pm'd me about the stadium grey. Yours look like dark grey. In that case you don't need to take a pic of it because I know what it looks like. Haven't seen the dark grey swoosh/logo yet.

Just received my Duke IDs today and I'm very pleased. It's my first time doing IDs and I'm impressed on how the quality is compared to the GRs. 
nthat.gif
damn son those are tight! I need more pics! that blue upper is fire

Thoughts on this? I know it's similar to some of the ones that were just purchased, but i've been thinking about this one for a while

I posted this a few weeks ago but I hope this helps.
Thanks that's the only one I found but was trying to see how the volt swoosh contrasted with the pattern.  These look good, if I strike out on my mambacurial search gonna make a chaos ID.  Just don't know if to go with the holiday pattern or coral snake pattern...

Thoughts on this? I know it's similar to some of the ones that were just purchased, but i've been thinking about this one for a while
What's your inspiration on this?

I think the red heelcup will stand out a lot.  Is that what you are aiming for?

Part of me wanted to do like a 'Hulk Hogan' theme... but I just think the black yellow and red mesh well together 

I don't like the heel clip different color from the midsole if the upper is different from the heel clip. I think a red midsole would be more balanced. That's my take, if you like it like that go for it, the red gives it that extra pop regardless.

Part of me wanted to do like a 'Hulk Hogan' theme... but I just think the black yellow and red mesh well together 
I think you should incorporate more red if you are going to use the red heelcup.  Like the guy above me, I recommend a red midsole to balance out the red.

The reason I say this is because if you just have one thing that is red, it will look kind of weird, especially if it's the heelcup.  Now if it was the Swoosh, that would be a bit different, but generally, the heelcup looks better if it's a similar color to the rest of the shoe.

^looks nice

okay guys I was looking back at some kobe iv and v when they had that milky like sole,

what do you guys prefer milky sole or clear blue sole? I like the milky sole

Milky as well, if they get dirty its fine, but when the clear blue translucent sole starts to yellow and accumulate dirt, it makes the whole shoe look like ****. That is the exact reason why I have not ordered any iD's with that option, if you beat the hell out of them and want them to last like 4-5 months of intense hooping, then it's justifiable. But trying to maintain longevity of the shoe with those soles are hard.

Sorry for the thesis to such a simple question haha...

After seeing all these plat upper pics, I wanted a clean pair. Thought about the white sole on a nearly all platinum/white shoe, but it looked off.  I opted for the volt sole to give it a little something extra and also to avoid the piss yellow disappointment down the road haha.  These will be here next week, fingers crossed for a nice final product.

Just ordered a KD V ID so I'll hold off on one of these, still hoping for a solid upper, which won't happen prolly.

I'm really liking the 8 ID options and there have been many nice IDs on here guys. As I said before, comin out of retirement with a pair of 8 IDs but after all the ones i've seen over the years, I have 2 things to say: 1. Oh if we could've only ID on the 3s !! 2. SDubls 2s and NWTs UNDFTDs are the greatest (next to mine of course) still.
RIP Gandolfini

C O O K # 45
get fit.

Back
Top Bottom