Zoom Kobe 8 system NikeID thread ***NO SET DATE (yet) WHEN THESE WILL BE TAKEN DOWN***

No one get purple or black or blue splatter on a black mid sole looks like **** in person... That's the only thing I didn't like about my grape pair... Also does anyone else think the SS is more snug then the regular 8?

^ I got purple splatter on black midsole, looks fine to me. Not very noticeable, but that was the look I was going for.

No one get purple or black or blue splatter on a black mid sole looks like **** in person... That's the only thing I didn't like about my grape pair... Also does anyone else think the SS is more snug then the regular 8?

I went .5 up on my SS ID some people said the xmas SS was more snug than the regular 8s
This!!

go .5 up if you can.

For those who have their orders already,

how long is the time frame that it takes to get to your kicks from the time you got your "shipped" email?

correction, 2-4 day, Nike email said shipped 26th, but UPS said shipped on the 27th and I got it the 31st. You're in Memphis so should be faster maybe

Last edited:
correction, 2-4 day, Nike email said shipped 26th, but UPS said shipped on the 27th and I got it the 31st. You're in Memphis so should be faster maybe
so far on all my Id orders..it's all UPS...Alaska as the US entry point then straight to your nearest UPS sorting center....no Nike distribution/Memphis.

Saw in the other thread that the Kobe 9 EM Low iD comes up when you search in Google...

Time might be winding down on these

so far on all my Id orders..it's all UPS...Alaska as the US entry point then straight to your nearest UPS sorting center....no Nike distribution/Memphis.

After Alaska they drop off in Kentucky so should be same time frame. Man if Nike's distribution center was in China I'd be getting my orders faster than coming from Memphis.

After nearly 6 weeks of waiting, I finally received my Kobe 8 Gumbo iDs...  I must say I am very underwhelmed with the outcome (compared to the rendering) and the quality (typical flaws:  chips, glue-stains, etc.).  My main concern surrounds the "orange glow" sole.  The sole perfectly matches the rendering while glowing (orange) but seems to be off when not glowing (it came out as a bright pink/peach-ish color instead of a translucent solar red color).  Most likely I will get rid of them and try something else...
Just curious  - Why would you expect the sole to look red when the color on Nike ID clearly says Orange Glow?

The rendering matches the glow because the box was probably clicked to show the glow.

Here's the image of it on Nike iD with it "not glowing" and it states that it shows it appears orange.

Just curious  - Why would you expect the sole to look red when the color on Nike ID clearly says Orange Glow?

The rendering matches the glow because the box was probably clicked to show the glow.

Here's the image of it on Nike iD with it "not glowing" and it states that it shows it appears orange.
I still think the design is dope, but it should have been a red glow, i like the way the orange sets it off.

lol... i thought the exact same thing...

The gumbo lining should be the issue on those all reds. That throws the design off more than the sole does

After Alaska they drop off in Kentucky so should be same time frame. Man if Nike's distribution center was in China I'd be getting my orders faster than coming from Memphis.
that sucks..major back tracking right there. I'm in Socal..it goes from Alaska straight to the main center in Ontario to my local warehouse before dropoff.

Here's the image of it on Nike iD with it "not glowing" and it states that it shows it appears orange.View media item 898468

Actually, that image is when the glow feature is activated (see the check box at the bottom left of the image you posted)... As I stated, I have no problem with the sole when glowing (it is orange as shown in the rendering). My issue is with the sole when not glowing, as shown in my 1st 2 pics.

Last edited:
Thanks... I can read!   The sole IS orange when glowing...  Again, I understand and am good with that.  The sole is not red (like rendering when not glowing) or orange (like rendering when glowing) in normal lighting, it is more of a pink/peach color (that variance is what I do not like).  Either way, I'm posting my images and opinions so that others can see and make they're own decisions, etc...  Not to go back and forth about what is or isn't orange in color.  But just in case some are confused...

THIS IS NOT ORANGE (despite the claims made in the above reference image)

THIS IS ORANGE

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom