Zoom Kobe V Traction?

Hey niketalk... can you guys help me out? For those of you that have the Vs, how is the traction for you? Because I have the del sols and the traction is pretty bad... they never squeak and when i stop/make cuts, i slip a lot. Could this be because I haven't worn them enough? The soles of the shoes feel slippery/plasticy when i wipe them instead of the usual rubbery feel of my other basketball shoes. I'm pretty sure they are real though...

Hey niketalk... can you guys help me out? For those of you that have the Vs, how is the traction for you? Because I have the del sols and the traction is pretty bad... they never squeak and when i stop/make cuts, i slip a lot. Could this be because I haven't worn them enough? The soles of the shoes feel slippery/plasticy when i wipe them instead of the usual rubbery feel of my other basketball shoes. I'm pretty sure they are real though...

They're okay, nothing special though.

For more info, you can check out the Kobe V review somewhere in this forum.

They're okay, nothing special though.

For more info, you can check out the Kobe V review somewhere in this forum.

pretty sure you can just check the kobe v performance review... but to answer your question, traction is fine.
wear them 3-5 times and they'll be ok. never had a problem with them really but it can definitely be improved.

pretty sure you can just check the kobe v performance review... but to answer your question, traction is fine.
wear them 3-5 times and they'll be ok. never had a problem with them really but it can definitely be improved.

I hear you on that slippery/plastic feeling.

I have a TB colorway and I agree, but it's going to depend on the court you play on. I play on relatively clean courts, so the traction is fine. But if the court is dusty, it'll be an unusual shoe that gives you good traction.

I hear you on that slippery/plastic feeling.

I have a TB colorway and I agree, but it's going to depend on the court you play on. I play on relatively clean courts, so the traction is fine. But if the court is dusty, it'll be an unusual shoe that gives you good traction.

I have a TB colorway and the traction has been great for me so far. I do play on a fairly clean court, although sometimes I do have to apply water to the bottom of the shoes with a paper towel and rub them on the ground. (if that makes any sense.)

I have a TB colorway and the traction has been great for me so far. I do play on a fairly clean court, although sometimes I do have to apply water to the bottom of the shoes with a paper towel and rub them on the ground. (if that makes any sense.)

Traction was decent for me as well...won't be anything close to the zk4, but what is? I did like how snug the V's were and how much ankle padding it had. Good shoes, just have to wipe a lot......

Traction was decent for me as well...won't be anything close to the zk4, but what is? I did like how snug the V's were and how much ankle padding it had. Good shoes, just have to wipe a lot......

Bought my 13 year old son a pair of the Del Sols at the beginning of the summer for AAU.  I knew some people had issues, but I love the performance of my pair, so I went for it.  He's a wuick point guard that makes a lot of cuts and slashes and needs good grip.

Well the first practice he was slipping on every cut he made.  I thought he was going to hurt himself during wind sprints.  Boy, I just hoped what I read about break-in period was true.  Well, after a couple practices it was all good.  Pretty amazing really.  He has since played in four tournaments on different courts for a whole season worth of games.  I don't remember seeing him slip one time. He absolutely loves them the perfomance from them.  I wish they would just keep making the V.  He doesn't really like the look of the VI, and neither do I.

I love mine too, although i can't slash like I used to.

Bought my 13 year old son a pair of the Del Sols at the beginning of the summer for AAU.  I knew some people had issues, but I love the performance of my pair, so I went for it.  He's a wuick point guard that makes a lot of cuts and slashes and needs good grip.

Well the first practice he was slipping on every cut he made.  I thought he was going to hurt himself during wind sprints.  Boy, I just hoped what I read about break-in period was true.  Well, after a couple practices it was all good.  Pretty amazing really.  He has since played in four tournaments on different courts for a whole season worth of games.  I don't remember seeing him slip one time. He absolutely loves them the perfomance from them.  I wish they would just keep making the V.  He doesn't really like the look of the VI, and neither do I.

I love mine too, although i can't slash like I used to.

Back
Top Bottom