Zoom Kobe VI Review Thread Vol. Better than the V?

Originally Posted by grittyman20

Just copped my Del Sol's, how long is the break in period for these shoes?
I'd have to say at least 5 games. and maybe around 10 games indoor.

posted this in the other thread. figured I should share with other peeps:
played in my del sols last saturday for 3 games outdoor.
VERY good grip, no heel slippage (used nike elite training socks),
cushion is sturdy, bouncy ride. very responsive.
results after game:
-midsole creased a bit.
-outsole didn't really have heel drags yet embossed shozoku logo kind of leveled
-got stepped on viciously by a heavy guy (maybe 220lbs) yet there are no marks/scratches or any sign of peeling.
-tried to remove one small scale just to test the structure- to no avail. scales are fused/glued as hell.
-the "nike zoom" in the heel part creased significantly but I am not bothered by it.
-a couple of scruff marks on the heel cup which you'd expect to be normal
-they finally squeaked! traction is good.

I was very impressed and will probably have to buy more zk6s... will not ball in the 5s anymore. I love these 6s so much.
as I've said a few times before, these shoes brings back OG jordan memories. they're THAT good.
(sorry celly pics)PICS:
photo0194z.jpg

photo0193p.jpg

photo0192s.jpg

photo0190pb.jpg

photo0186n.jpg

photo0185.jpg

no scruff marks at all even after being stepped on with gusto
photo0184g.jpg

photo0183f.jpg

posted this in the other thread. figured I should share with other peeps:
played in my del sols last saturday for 3 games outdoor.
VERY good grip, no heel slippage (used nike elite training socks),
cushion is sturdy, bouncy ride. very responsive.
results after game:
-midsole creased a bit.
-outsole didn't really have heel drags yet embossed shozoku logo kind of leveled
-got stepped on viciously by a heavy guy (maybe 220lbs) yet there are no marks/scratches or any sign of peeling.
-tried to remove one small scale just to test the structure- to no avail. scales are fused/glued as hell.
-the "nike zoom" in the heel part creased significantly but I am not bothered by it.
-a couple of scruff marks on the heel cup which you'd expect to be normal
-they finally squeaked! traction is good.

I was very impressed and will probably have to buy more zk6s... will not ball in the 5s anymore. I love these 6s so much.
as I've said a few times before, these shoes brings back OG jordan memories. they're THAT good.
(sorry celly pics)PICS:
photo0194z.jpg

photo0193p.jpg

photo0192s.jpg

photo0190pb.jpg

photo0186n.jpg

photo0185.jpg

no scruff marks at all even after being stepped on with gusto
photo0184g.jpg

photo0183f.jpg

Well, I've worn mine about 7 or 8 times, and they are pretty unreal. Not sure if they are better then the 5s, but they arent worse. It takes a couple wearings to get the traction to properly work :tongue: Locks my foot in place, I cant wait for the 7, I'd like to see lighter and lower!!! Push the envelope!!!!!!

Well, I've worn mine about 7 or 8 times, and they are pretty unreal. Not sure if they are better then the 5s, but they arent worse. It takes a couple wearings to get the traction to properly work :tongue: Locks my foot in place, I cant wait for the 7, I'd like to see lighter and lower!!! Push the envelope!!!!!!

Originally Posted by PR baller 23

Lighter so they can tear like the V's?  No thanks.

Originally Posted by PR baller 23

Lighter so they can tear like the V's?  No thanks.

Okay going on about my 5th wear so far...very comfortable, but these are definitely don't fit as snug as the 5s.

The cushioning is definitely better though, might give these a break and go back to my Del Sol V's for a more accurate comparison.

Initial thoughts are that the 5's are better though.

Okay going on about my 5th wear so far...very comfortable, but these are definitely don't fit as snug as the 5s.

The cushioning is definitely better though, might give these a break and go back to my Del Sol V's for a more accurate comparison.

Initial thoughts are that the 5's are better though.

they won't be as snug as the Vs because of the upper... i think the Vs are a bit more restricting where as the upper of hte VI gives a better feel to "mold to your feet"

they won't be as snug as the Vs because of the upper... i think the Vs are a bit more restricting where as the upper of hte VI gives a better feel to "mold to your feet"

Originally Posted by DNeou20

the Vs upper is more stiff and material doesn't stretch at all or maybe very very little.
but the 6s provide that support with a luxurious feel with a more breathable and more
flexible upper. I dig the 6s more now but I can see how people would prefer the 5s...
since I got my 6s though, will not be buying anymore 5s. all 6s from now on.

and I'd like to see the 7s too. NOW! a mid wouldn't be bad at all. but if they still
give us lows I'm down with that.

the Vs upper is more stiff and material doesn't stretch at all or maybe very very little.
but the 6s provide that support with a luxurious feel with a more breathable and more
flexible upper. I dig the 6s more now but I can see how people would prefer the 5s...
since I got my 6s though, will not be buying anymore 5s. all 6s from now on.

and I'd like to see the 7s too. NOW! a mid wouldn't be bad at all. but if they still
give us lows I'm down with that.

should i get these for 130 or keep my all black hyperfuses for 80$. i can only get one pair. strictly for hardwood

should i get these for 130 or keep my all black hyperfuses for 80$. i can only get one pair. strictly for hardwood

kobeoverbron-
i know exactly what you mean. it was hard for me to keep my Vs in my rotation and i loved them haha
but i definitely love a softer ride in the VI and IV... plus I like a bit more flexibility in my upper, a bit more toe room for me too

kobeoverbron-
i know exactly what you mean. it was hard for me to keep my Vs in my rotation and i loved them haha
but i definitely love a softer ride in the VI and IV... plus I like a bit more flexibility in my upper, a bit more toe room for me too

kobeoverbron-
yup, I was actually surprised that I don't play in my Vs anymore because I used to absolutely love them on court.
wondering what the 7s will be like. I can't imagine a more comfortable (and responsive) shoe...

Originally Posted by th3answ3r

get the 6s... you will not regret it at all. better indoors IMO.

kobeoverbron-
yup, I was actually surprised that I don't play in my Vs anymore because I used to absolutely love them on court.
wondering what the 7s will be like. I can't imagine a more comfortable (and responsive) shoe...

Originally Posted by th3answ3r

get the 6s... you will not regret it at all. better indoors IMO.

Kobe 7 is gonna be a midtop from the info leaks from him and some people. I think if he goes full length zoom air, it will be more comfortable and responsive. But i doubt theres gonna be any more models around the 10 oz mark

Kobe 7 is gonna be a midtop from the info leaks from him and some people. I think if he goes full length zoom air, it will be more comfortable and responsive. But i doubt theres gonna be any more models around the 10 oz mark

^
yeah, it's gonna be hard to make a midtop shoe that weighs only that much.
but you'll never know man... we didn't think the 5 and 6 were possible but
we got them... I'm excited all right.

^
yeah, it's gonna be hard to make a midtop shoe that weighs only that much.
but you'll never know man... we didn't think the 5 and 6 were possible but
we got them... I'm excited all right.

I've torn ligaments in both of my ankles the past couple months in these shoes. They feel great and I'm not saying that they cause injury but when you DO land on somebody's foot it's going to be way worse in these than almost any other basketball shoe. It's been over a month and my ankle is still swollen. I'm looking for a midtop shoe that has really good ankle support but is also lightweight enough to not be a big change from the Kobe's....what would be a good shoe for me? I'm a point guard 6'0 160.

I've torn ligaments in both of my ankles the past couple months in these shoes. They feel great and I'm not saying that they cause injury but when you DO land on somebody's foot it's going to be way worse in these than almost any other basketball shoe. It's been over a month and my ankle is still swollen. I'm looking for a midtop shoe that has really good ankle support but is also lightweight enough to not be a big change from the Kobe's....what would be a good shoe for me? I'm a point guard 6'0 160.

Back
Top Bottom