Zoom Kobe VI vs Jordan Fly Wade

Before you say anything about the other topic comparing the fly wade to the lebron 8 ps, keep in mind that these are two different shoes made for different players. I'm more interested in comparing 2 shoes for the 2 best shooting guards in the league. I've balled in the Zoom Kobe VI and I am eager to try to Fly Wade. Has anyone balled in both and can someone compare the two? 

Before you say anything about the other topic comparing the fly wade to the lebron 8 ps, keep in mind that these are two different shoes made for different players. I'm more interested in comparing 2 shoes for the 2 best shooting guards in the league. I've balled in the Zoom Kobe VI and I am eager to try to Fly Wade. Has anyone balled in both and can someone compare the two? 

I've tried both shoes. The Kobe seems to fit better for me. Good traction in indoor courts but not great compared to IVs. Very responsive. The Fly Wade on the other hand, I felt it was a bit bulk (probably a bias since I've been balling in lows all my life). It's also responsive but not at the level of the ZKVI due to difference in cushioning. I can say that the Fly Wade is more or less similar to Lebron 8 PS since they have the same Max Air and Zoom cushioning. The only great thing for me about the Fly Wades is that if you jump a lot for rebounding and blocking, the heel cushioning will give you a sweet ride. But if you prefer doing cuts, and jumpers I'd go with the ZKVI.

I've tried both shoes. The Kobe seems to fit better for me. Good traction in indoor courts but not great compared to IVs. Very responsive. The Fly Wade on the other hand, I felt it was a bit bulk (probably a bias since I've been balling in lows all my life). It's also responsive but not at the level of the ZKVI due to difference in cushioning. I can say that the Fly Wade is more or less similar to Lebron 8 PS since they have the same Max Air and Zoom cushioning. The only great thing for me about the Fly Wades is that if you jump a lot for rebounding and blocking, the heel cushioning will give you a sweet ride. But if you prefer doing cuts, and jumpers I'd go with the ZKVI.

^thanks for the insight. I love balling in my kobes but I was interested in the wades. but i didn't know which shoe would be best for a 2 guard who prefers to be an all out scorer. I think I'll stick to my kobes.

^thanks for the insight. I love balling in my kobes but I was interested in the wades. but i didn't know which shoe would be best for a 2 guard who prefers to be an all out scorer. I think I'll stick to my kobes.

love the fly wades esp. after using it a couple of times but ill stick to the kobes.

love the fly wades esp. after using it a couple of times but ill stick to the kobes.

hard to compare highs/mids with lows... but kobes always bring it when it comes to performance...
you know what you're getting all the time.

hard to compare highs/mids with lows... but kobes always bring it when it comes to performance...
you know what you're getting all the time.

Cushion is better on the Fly Wades due to the air max heel and zoom forefoot. Kobe feel lighter and more responsive though

Cushion is better on the Fly Wades due to the air max heel and zoom forefoot. Kobe feel lighter and more responsive though

the kobes are nice for indoor, but are a complete waste of money if you are playing outdoors. the heel zoom is nice, but the forefoot cushion still needs work (which is has been the case since the kobe 4).

the fly wades have a good cushioning setup, but i prefer the oversized heel zoom used in the kobes to the regular max air used in the fly wades and undoubtedly prefer the forefoot zoom from the fly wade. traction and ankle support are good but until the shoe molds to your foot, getting secure lacing can be a bit difficult.

i prefer the wades out of these two shoes simply because of the forefoot cushioning. if the kobes used even a standard sized zoom unit in the forefoot and nikes lasted longer than 2 months outdoors, i would probably grab a pair. i went to lows for a bit, but going back to mids just felt right even though i never had any problems or injuries in the lows. i like the more secure ankle feeling that the wades provide after being broken in.

the kobes are nice for indoor, but are a complete waste of money if you are playing outdoors. the heel zoom is nice, but the forefoot cushion still needs work (which is has been the case since the kobe 4).

the fly wades have a good cushioning setup, but i prefer the oversized heel zoom used in the kobes to the regular max air used in the fly wades and undoubtedly prefer the forefoot zoom from the fly wade. traction and ankle support are good but until the shoe molds to your foot, getting secure lacing can be a bit difficult.

i prefer the wades out of these two shoes simply because of the forefoot cushioning. if the kobes used even a standard sized zoom unit in the forefoot and nikes lasted longer than 2 months outdoors, i would probably grab a pair. i went to lows for a bit, but going back to mids just felt right even though i never had any problems or injuries in the lows. i like the more secure ankle feeling that the wades provide after being broken in.

^I agree here. I've run in three colors of the Kobe and although I LOVE how light they are, I just need more protection. If they had a full size forefoot Zoom bag and Cushlon midsole, I'd never buy any other shoe ever again.

So gonna iD (UGH, $175 to get non-translucent outsole
frown.gif
) some Wades for playing through the summer leagues.

Kinda sad since the Kobe V-VI are some of the best shoes Nike Basketball has come up with in many, many years.

^I agree here. I've run in three colors of the Kobe and although I LOVE how light they are, I just need more protection. If they had a full size forefoot Zoom bag and Cushlon midsole, I'd never buy any other shoe ever again.

So gonna iD (UGH, $175 to get non-translucent outsole
frown.gif
) some Wades for playing through the summer leagues.

Kinda sad since the Kobe V-VI are some of the best shoes Nike Basketball has come up with in many, many years.

kobes> wades
I own both and feel quicker in the kobes especally when driving down the lane in the paint .
The wades are nice though both great for guards imo.

kobes> wades
I own both and feel quicker in the kobes especally when driving down the lane in the paint .
The wades are nice though both great for guards imo.

Idk i hate kobe so id never buy his shoes, but either way i dont understand how they could be considered such a great bball shoe, i always think they look like soccer kicks. Maybe i have to get a better look next time im in the store

Idk i hate kobe so id never buy his shoes, but either way i dont understand how they could be considered such a great bball shoe, i always think they look like soccer kicks. Maybe i have to get a better look next time im in the store

I would rather have a more lightweight shoe than to have one with my cushioning. Therefore, I like the Kobes better.

I would rather have a more lightweight shoe than to have one with my cushioning. Therefore, I like the Kobes better.

Back
Top Bottom