ZOOM SPIRIDONS SUMMER 2016

Sharing some info - I believe there is one important model missing, the 80s Nike Spiridon - however it's an interesting read

https://cultedge.com/2017/12/nike-air-zoom-spiridon-history/

Kinda epic that Nike took a good name from Greece, since “Nike” is Greek, “Spiridon Spyro” is a Greek dude.

I wanted to wear Spiridons before I copped AM97...... but Spiridons were expensive.

Interesting thing was not mentioned in article. Air Max 97 was designed along Air Zoom Spiridon ...... I read somewhere
they look slightly similar don’t they?

For me there is a holy trinity of Zoom Runners - Spiridon, Talaria and Citizen. The last one must come back too at one point, then I'll be a happy guy
63611743081-nike-air-zoom-spiridon-16-black-sport-red-053043_2.jpg

nike-zoom-talaria-1.jpg

f2cc406ef7e9d3770de9c568979ec861--nike-runners-zoom.jpg

Noto Noto agreed - tho i never loved the talaria, i appreciate its place in nike’s slew of late 90s runners. i’ve been hunting for citizens (aka alpha projects) for years now.

i would add the Zoom JST to the above list, which, sadly, we will never see a retro of and am utterly disappointed in nike letting Ricardo Tisci blatantly rip off a couple collections ago.

0FF75134-5252-44EB-A10C-B424DF628CE8.jpeg

Last edited:
For me there is a holy trinity of Zoom Runners - Spiridon, Talaria and Citizen. The last one must come back too at one point, then I'll be a happy guy
63611743081-nike-air-zoom-spiridon-16-black-sport-red-053043_2.jpg

nike-zoom-talaria-1.jpg

f2cc406ef7e9d3770de9c568979ec861--nike-runners-zoom.jpg

After seeing the volt Talaria at the outlet over 10 visits. I finally picked them up at my last visit for $62 affter tax.

With the volts, I know how two along with the Safari pair I got a while back.

Got my team orange pair today. Dope as expected. Really like that they have the two different 3M bands running up the toebox and tongue. Makes for a nice detail.

As usual, not for the wide footed person. Really have to loosely lace these to feel comfortable as they're kinda narrow in the forefoot and low profiled. Of course, the laces are still really short. I ended up putting on some 54" round laces I had ordered from Amazon.
spid1.jpg
spid2.jpg

Last edited:
Got my team orange pair today. Dope as expected. Really like that they have the two different 3M bands running up the toebox and tongue. Makes for a nice detail.

As usual, not for the wide footed person. Really have to loosely lace these to feel comfortable as they're kinda narrow in the forefoot and low profiled. Of course, the laces are still really short. I ended up putting on some 54" round laces I had ordered from Amazon.
spid1.jpg
spid2.jpg

if you wear a 12 in the spiridon ultras, or a 12.5/13 in ultraboosts, what would you wear in these?

Back
Top Bottom