¹ 2008 Spring Football/Summer Workouts (updates) ©

^
laugh.gif
smh.gif

laugh.gif
DLo

Hubbs said Crompton looks great
Martin may start opposite Ayers, but gerald williams is now huge since signin wit us couple yrs ago and is gonna play a lot at DE/OLB
Can't wait to see ellix, nevin and mccoy at LB

Originally Posted by gatorb807

Hustler didn't Brantley injure his shoulder? I think Cam Newton has a bright future. Hopefully Justin Williams and Deonte Thompson get some burn this year. Isn't UF's Spring Game going to be on ESPN.

Harvin @ 200lbs that may = more carries, hope he doesn't lose a step with the extra weight. It may actually help dude trips over his own feet alot.

What is going to happen to Dr. Rolle now that Robinson has moved to FS?

Gunna do you think Tenn QB job is Crompton's to lose? What type of spread will UT run, zone read or Hawaii/Texas Tech pass happy? Whatever happened to the WR Slick Shelley? Will Ben Martin be a starter on the DL?

Yeah Brantley hurt his shoulder but he still throwing the ball around, so I'm guessing he's OK. I also think Newton has a bright future, but heneeds to get his accuracy issue worked out. Remember when Newton ran through dude against Tennessee
eek.gif
roll.gif

I think Harvin should still get about 5-10 carries even though he upped his weight and Moody being on the team. We need to let Moody and Williams be our workhorses instead of Harvin and Tebow. We need Harvin and Tebow healthy if we going to make a championship run.

dreCLARK

I did not believe Harvin made it to 2-hundred but it's been confirmed in the spring articles on a Gator site

Originally Posted by Newbs24

Carson Butler and Martell Webb are said to be 2 VERY athletic TEs and are doing a lot of work in the slot. They might be the key to the season. Both look to be flying around at 6-5 with Webb at 240 and Butler at 255. But may be the most athletic kid on the team. Just needs to get his head right.

I played against Carson growing up all the way until he moved to Detroit in 10th grade. Dude is a beast and always has been. But like you said if he getshis head on right then there isn't anything that he cant do.

Dre, keep me updated on our Noles

Originally Posted by FlaHustler1024

dreCLARK

I did not believe Harvin made it to 2-hundred but it's been confirmed in the spring articles on a Gator site

Not saying that you're lying.....But im gonna have to see it....

Percy was MAYBE 175 last year.....Dude is frail....
Originally Posted by jmause3

Dre, keep me updated on our Noles
wink.gif

Um, I haven't been keeping up too much with Clemson. All I know is we SHOULD be good next season, lost Merling, but not too much else. We're justhurting with any kind of depth at LB. And we should have a young but talented OL, that'll be the key. Plus, Dequan Bowers is already enrolled and as longas he stays healthy, he'll be a gotdamn force as a Freshman.

I hope to god percy isn't stupid enough to try n play at 2bills.
He is the most explosive player in college and he wants to play at almost 30 lbs his normal weight
eek.gif
smh.gif

I can imagine some dumb @*# advising him to put on weight to entice nfl scouts
smh.gif

The league knows he's dope. Do what u do best man don't change
sick.gif

Will Hill is my breakout frosh I think he will start @ FS by the UT game. He and Major Wright make a nice safety tandem. Hopefully Hill can be the next Eraser.

Originally Posted by gatorb807

Will Hill is my breakout frosh I think he will start @ FS by the UT game. He and Major Wright make a nice safety tandem. Hopefully Hill can be the next Eraser.

I dunno man.....Thats a whole different animal right there....
smh.gif
smh.gif
sick.gif

And I said earlier in the year.....in one of these threads.....that UFaG will have the best safety tandem in the nation next year and I am sticking toit....Unfortunately
indifferent.gif

[table][tr][td][/td] [/tr][/table]
[table][tr][td]FLORIDA STATE SEMINOLES
Head coach: Bobby Bowden
Last season: 7-6, 4-4 in ACC - Music City Bowl loss to Kentucky, 35-28.
Spring practice: March 17-April 12.[/td] [td]
floridastate_statslogo.gif
[/td] [/tr][/table]
Florida State suffered its second consecutive six-loss season in 2007 and has some questions entering spring practice this year. The Seminoles need to find depth at linebacker and at defensive tackle, and there could be a quarterback controversy brewing. Here's a look at the 'Noles as they prepare to open spring drills.

FLORIDA STATE

1103-FSUDREWWEATHERFORDG1_2.JPG
Drew Weatherford returns at quarterback but the starting job is far from determined.

RETURNING STARTERS

Offense-6: WR Greg Carr, G Rodney Hudson (may move to tackle), C Ryan McMahon, T Daron Rose, TB Antone Smith, QB Drew Weatherford.
Defense-8: E Everette Brown, CB Tony Carter, CB Michael Ray Garvin, E Neefy Moffett, LB Derek Nicholson, SS Myron Rolle, NT Budd Thacker, LB Dekoda Watson.
Special teams-1: P Graham Gano.

EARLY ENROLLEES

LB Nigel Bradham (from high school), S Terrance Parks (high school), LB Vincent Williams (high school).

POSITIONS OF STRENGTH

Although Preston Parker isn't technically a returning starter, the combination of his versatility and Carr's red-zone ability gives Florida State plenty of strength at wide receiver. The Seminoles also return 2007 starters Carter and Garvin at cornerback, though Garvin will run track this spring and miss spring drills.

HELP IS NEEDED

Letroy Guion's decision to enter the NFL draft after his junior season leaves Florida State woefully short of depth at defensive tackle. FSU already had to replace Andre Fluellen, who completed his senior season last fall. Early-season suspensions are going to hurt Florida State across the board in September, but linebacker is the position that could suffer the most. The Seminoles did an excellent job of recruiting linebackers, and some of those first-year players may have to contribute immediately.

KEEP AN EYE ON

LB Nigel Bradham: Rated as the top 2008 prospect in Florida by Rivals.com, Bradham arrived on campus early and could challenge for an early-season starting assignment as suspensions force Florida State to rely on underclassmen.

QB Christian Ponder: Offensive coordinator Jimbo Fisher has said he plans to open up the quarterback competition, which means Ponder has a legitimate shot to unseat incumbent starter Weatherford.

WR Bert Reed: His name rhymes with "speed," which Florida State has lacked in recent years. Reed should rectify that. The redshirt freshman reportedly has run the 40-yard dash in 4.3 seconds, which should make him a deep threat to complement Parker and Carr.

HIS TIME IS NOW

Jamie Robinson, a former four-star recruit and Rivals 100 prospect, primarily has worked as a backup cornerback his first two seasons. Robinson could have a better shot of earning significant playing time if he moves to free safety, where the Seminoles lack candidates to replace the departed Roger Williams.

THE BUZZ
Florida State heads into spring practice knowing it will have a severe lack of depth in its first three games because of suspensions. The Seminoles may have to spend part of spring practice trying to find out which inexperienced players can best fill the holes created by those suspensions. This spring also should show how good a chance Ponder has of unseating Weatherford as the starting

The tradition returns

2008 Spring Football Practice Dates
[table][tr][td]Day[/td] [td]Date[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Wed.[/td] [td]March 26[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Fri.[/td] [td]March 28[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Sat.[/td] [td]March 29[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Mon.[/td] [td]March 31[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Wed.[/td] [td]April 2[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Fri.[/td] [td]April 4 - Notre Dame Football Coaches Clinic[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Sat.[/td] [td]April 5 - Notre Dame Football Coaches Clinic[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Mon.[/td] [td]April 7[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Wed.[/td] [td]April 9[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Fri.[/td] [td]April 11[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Sat.[/td] [td]April 12[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Mon.[/td] [td]April 14[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Wed.[/td] [td]April 16[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Fri.[/td] [td]April 18[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Sat.[/td] [td]April 19 - Blue-Gold Spring Football Game[/td] [/tr][/table]
pimp.gif

ohwell.gif

tired.gif

^ ND will be better this year. They had a gruesome schedule with a young team last year. Don't get me wrong, I loved seeing them lose last year, but theywill be better this year. Claussen should have a much better year. Michael Floyd and Duval Kamara should be able to give him some solid WRs. I think Floyd isgoing to be a star. The RBs should be fun to watch battle. Oline is going to be key. If Weis allows these guys to learn one thing before jumping to the nextthey should be better. Lots of young talent. The D has to be better. Can't get much worse. Good freshman coming in this year. You have an very good LBcoach in Tenuta but I wonder if he will bump heads with Cornflakes. I hope we can beat you guys but it is going to be very early for our offense.

I listened to a speech by Barwis a couple days ago and I wanted to go shoot up w/ that HGH and get back out there on the field...

BGraham has lost a ton of weight. As has Jamison.

A lot of the O-Line guys look to be in a lot better shape that last year, specifically the guys that didn't get much burn... Mooseman, Zirbel

^ I was watching the MSU game from last year and saw a HUGE gut on Zirbel and then later that night I saw him at spring practice. He has lost at the very least30lbs. He looks god. I hope he can make a run at the RG spot. Always thought he could be a good one. I just hated how the old regime would get down on kids andnever give them a fair shot after that. Artis Chambers looks monstrous as well. I hope he can grab a safety spot. I really like him.

The worst part of Spring Football...injuries.

UGA's returning starter at MLB, Marcus Washington, got landed on by a teammate and re-aggravated a shoulder injury from last season. He's havingsurgery and will need at least 6 months off before any contact. This would be his senior year, but it appears he will take his RS and come back in 2009.

We've got some depth at LB. These dudes are unproven...but this isn't as bad of a loss as we could have at another position.

DLo,

All starters on the OLine are back, correct?

I really wana throw some money on them to win it all this off season...schedule is brutal tho

Originally Posted by allen3xis

DLo,

All starters on the OLine are back, correct?

I really wana throw some money on them to win it all this off season...schedule is brutal tho

We lost one starter on the O-Line. That line was incredibly young last year, but coach Stacy Searels had them playing amazingly well by mid-season. TrintonSturdivant is going to be a great OT...and he's not a bad dancer either. (I won't post the pic again...
laugh.gif
)

Schedule is brutal. No lie.

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

UGA = 4 Losses this yr

Gunna been drinking again...
smh.gif

Must have been one hell of a St. Pat's party down there...

Back
Top Bottom