¹ 2008 Spring Football/Summer Workouts (updates) ©

Anything new on Willy Korn??? Or Ricky Sapp????

CJ is sick.....I was so mad when he went up to Clemson....And that boy Jacoby is insanely fast.......
smh.gif
smh.gif

Favorite in the ACC??? Ehhh, until we prove it on the field, I can't really disagree.....Either Y'all or VT.....Maybe WF too.......But, BC is DONE.

Best LB in the ACC
sick.gif
U may have forgotten Bryan Toal is back at BC for his 5th season after sitting out last yr with shoulder surgery
Gunna do you think Tenn QB job is Crompton's to lose? What type of spread will UT run, zone read or Hawaii/Texas Tech pass happy?

No one has a CLUE.
laugh.gif
I guess they are trying to suprise the SEC. I just hope G. Jones is heavily involved. Its so bad that Vols have just lost 2 toprectruits to early committments to WVU. If u look at Coach Clawson's other teams its def. spread but its balanced. But with Arian Foster and Taurean Poolethere has got to be alot of Running involved.

edit
I need to get my hands on a FSU Bad to the Bone T Shirt.

Lots of talk from Miami heads that Sean Spence is a beast at LB so far. Still only about 205 but is making it hard for people to keep him off the field. ArthurBrown might have to find a new LBer spot because this kid is the goods. I always like The U and FSU so I try to keep up on these kids. And there is no way inhell Nigel Bradham is 17/18. He looks like he is ready for an NFL combine. I really hope he blows up because then Dorian Bell might look elsewhere, likeMichigan.

Malcolm Smith at U$C got dumb big. I am wondering if Luther Brown will ever sniff the field with the cats they have at LBer. And it pains me to see RonaldJohnson in Trojan gear. I would give my life savings to smack his mother.

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

Best LB in the ACC

sick.gif

U may have forgotten Bryan Toal is back at BC for his 5th season after sitting out last yr with shoulder surgery

laugh.gif

I thought dude was done....

Ok....Toal can be #2
wink.gif
laugh.gif

Its so bad that Vols have just lost 2 top rectruits to early committments to WVU
You talking about the QB and that WR???? I think they from Va. and went to the same school????
And there is no way in hell Nigel Bradham is 17/18. He looks like he is ready for an NFL combine. I really hope he blows up because then Dorian Bell might look elsewhere, like Michigan.
That's what I said son....Dude was playing against and demolishing 16 yr olds last year
sick.gif
sick.gif

And yeah....Bell is NASTY.....Hopefully he comes to Linebacker U.......
wink.gif

Is it fair to say that Threet has the strongest arm on the team? I watched the video highlights of the first practive on rivals, Sheridan and Cone passesjust seemed like they kinda fluttered out there, idk they werent like deep routes or anything. Horn does look fast, looks like he can accelerate and get tofull speed fast. I'm prlly gonna go to the spring game if they find a place to have one.

Originally Posted by zs05wc

Is it fair to say that Threet has the strongest arm on the team? I watched the video highlights of the first practive on rivals, Sheridan and Cone passes just seemed like they kinda fluttered out there, idk they werent like deep routes or anything. Horn does look fast, looks like he can accelerate and get to full speed fast. I'm prlly gonna go to the spring game if they find a place to have one.

Without a doubt. Cone has always had a weak arm and Sheridan is not that great at anything, although he did look good pulling the ball and running. Horn inthe slot is what I see for this fall. He should get some touches and he gets to top end speed FAST. Very much forgotten but one to keep an eye on since he willlearn the position this spring and summer before the rooks get a shot at it. I cannot wait to see Micheal Shaw in a winged helmet. He is fast and has a greatframe already. The slot position should be a battle but nothing like the RB position. Carlos, Brandon and Kevin will all be busting %%%+ to grab that spot. Ihope Grady gets it but I also hope that all 3 get a ton of carries.

Thats what i hate about the Canes. Always getting new uniforms. Wish they would stick to something for at least like 5 years.

The talk about Sean Spence being the best LB is true and is currently outperforming Arthur Brown mostly because Spence had the better coaching and techniquesie. tackling.
Brown is gonna be on the field though so its not like he is gonna sit behind Spence or anything.

Originally Posted by dreClark

Anything new on Willy Korn??? Or Ricky Sapp????

CJ is sick.....I was so mad when he went up to Clemson....And that boy Jacoby is insanely fast.......
smh.gif
smh.gif

Favorite in the ACC??? Ehhh, until we prove it on the field, I can't really disagree.....Either Y'all or VT.....Maybe WF too.......But, BC is DONE.

Willy Korn has looked good. Looked good last year too but Cullen Harper was doing well & I believe Korn ended up getting a medical redshirt for a bumshoulder.

Sapp didn't have the year that was expected, but he was also adjusting to putting on 25+ lbs...he's still slim for a DE though. He and DequanBowers, former HS teams as our ends?
eek.gif

We definitely have a lot of team speed, it's just a matter of utilizing it. It'll be nice to have Davis back, just need to find different ways toget the ball in Spiller's hands. Jamie Harper should get some touches as more of a power back, I don't know if Ellington (4 Star that signed thisyear) will redshirt.
FSU has a ton of talent, just needs to actually show it. I'm not talking @!%$, but haven't we won like 3 of the last 4 orsomething? Like you said, someone else is gonna be the favorite until FSU can prove something. I think Clemson would be it if our LB core was stronger, sucksto lose Antonio Clay but I guess he's still dealing with depression from his sister dying. Hope for his sake that he can turn everything around.

I don't see Spence beating out McCarthy either but he is gonna be on the field a lot. IMO i wasn't sold on pretty much our whole LB corp. last year.
If it were a video game i would start all the freshman's lol. Maybe its just me but there wasn't a real stand out LB like we usually have ie. Vilma, DJWilliams, Morgan.
It's like we didn't have that one "stud" so thats why i was never sold on our LB corp. being able to get the job done.

I want to see B. Harris get on the field and see if by the start of the season he is gonna line up opposite of Van ****.

Originally Posted by FlyDaily

anybody see the miami scrimmage video on youtube?
Yessir Marve and Harris both looked good, they completed both short and long passes. Bailey WILL be a problem at D-end, dude is a legit monsterand will be terrorizing ACC QBs. Spence looked good but he just needs to put on some size, hes a ballhawk. I was also impressed with the receivers, Kaynelooked good same with Aldarius. Its great to see a passing game come back to the U, Shannon is puttin in work and we will see results soon

Allen Bailey is not human. He was created somewhere. I am dying to see him on the field next year.

Yeah Allen Bailey is beyond anything i have ever seen. He has to be a mutant or something. I want to see how he does at the DE now that its his FT position.

Originally Posted by Newbs24

And it pains me to see Ronald Johnson in Trojan gear. I would give my life savings to smack his mother.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Not a Michigan fan but living in the state i remember watching dudes highlighttapes and reading about him. I cant believe they let hime get out of the midwest let alone the state

Originally Posted by jmause3

Originally Posted by Newbs24

And it pains me to see Ronald Johnson in Trojan gear. I would give my life savings to smack his mother.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Not a Michigan fan but living in the state i remember watching dudes highlight tapes and reading about him. I cant believe they let hime get out of the midwest let alone the state

The story is not funny but pretty pathetic. I am happy that TP went with what he wanted and not what his parents did. That shows the type of maturity hehas and also the type of parents he has. Not all recruits are that way. I think you know who I am talking about.
wink.gif

Brandon McGee is the truth but he going to one of the Big 3 in Florida. Don't know where he leaning to though.

pimp.gif
CANE
pimp.gif

-Jacory's weight is fine. He won't be getting hit anyways so there's no worry.
-We don't need no Preston Parker (Bangbus ?!?!).
laugh.gif

Have you seen our O line at all the past 3 years? Jacory would get broke in halk playin behind them bums....he needs a shirt and 20 pounds immediately.

And as much as I hate the Noles, Preston Parker would instantly become the best player on our O, if he came to Miami

Cal's spring practice is pushed back til March 31...

Robert Peele, Brandon Jones, and James Montgomery (#1 RB on the depth chart) have left the team. Monty is supposedly transferring to Washington, where heinitially committed to coming out of HS. Losing Monty is going to hurt, at least in the sense that Jahvid Best is the only back with more than one carry goinginto the Spring. It's good news for Tracy Slocum, I suppose...I thought he'd never see a down on offense. Shane Vereen should get a lot of looks.

It sure would be nice if we got some of the athletes those Florida schools get
eek.gif

What are you Miami fans expectations this yr?? Just wondering.

Ohio St.'s spring game is April 19th. I have tickets to the lacrosse game b4 hand (free admission to the spring game right after) but idk if I'll begoin.
Devon Lyons is supposable goin to transfer to WVU and if he does, he'll probably start. He could (if he graduates in may) transfer to wvu and play this yr.
Its sad to see him, Albert Dukes (mann.... what happen?!), and Robbie Schoenhoft (backup QB/TE) transfer out but, that's what no p.t. will do.

And it'll be interesting to see if Pryor is ready for 'SC
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by lowslows

Brandon McGee is the truth but he going to one of the Big 3 in Florida. Don't know where he leaning to though.

pimp.gif
CANE
pimp.gif

-Jacory's weight is fine. He won't be getting hit anyways so there's no worry.
-We don't need no Preston Parker (Bangbus ?!?!).
laugh.gif

Have you seen our O line at all the past 3 years? Jacory would get broke in halk playin behind them bums....he needs a shirt and 20 pounds immediately.

And as much as I hate the Noles, Preston Parker would instantly become the best player on our O, if he came to Miami

indifferent.gif
@ McGee leaning to the Caines....
smh.gif

And co-sign to your statement about Preston.....

Originally Posted by IYE2

Ohio St.'s spring game is April 19th. I have tickets to the lacrosse game b4 hand (free admission to the spring game right after) but idk if I'll be goin.
Devon Lyons is supposable goin to transfer to WVU and if he does, he'll probably start. He could (if he graduates in may) transfer to wvu and play this yr.
Its sad to see him, Albert Dukes (mann.... what happen?!), and Robbie Schoenhoft (backup QB/TE) transfer out but, that's what no p.t. will do.

nerd.gif
My expectations are to be better than last year and see the team improve overall on offense, defense, special teams....pretty much everything. Maybe 8games? I'm not expecting a NC especially if we only freshmans battling from the QB spot. And i wish Parker woulda been a cane.
frown.gif

Originally Posted by IYE2

Ohio St.'s spring game is April 19th. I have tickets to the lacrosse game b4 hand (free admission to the spring game right after) but idk if I'll be goin.

nerd.gif
My expectations are to be better than last year and see the team improve overall on offense, defense, special teams....pretty much everything. Maybe 8games? I'm not expecting a NC especially if we only freshmans battling from the QB spot. And i wish Parker woulda been a cane.
frown.gif

As you may know, a few Florida A&M players were kicked of some drills during Wednesday's FSU Pro Day (See WCTV story). I spoke to a couple folks at Florida State to get their side of the story.

It started out with the head coach at FAMU asking to have a couple of his players come over and take part in FSU's Pro Day. Keep in mind, very rarely are FAMU players allowed to attend FSU's Pro Day, and on the rare occasions when it happens it's probably just one player. FSU's Pro Day is for FSU players, it is not a regional or community event that is open for all players in the area hoping to get into the NFL. Having kids from other schools take part in the event only takes away attention from FSU players that are participating so FSU was doing FAMU a favor.

So anyway, the agreement was that two players could come to Pro Day "just to run the 40-yard dash" and that was to take place after the FSU players were done with their Pro Day. That's all. Instead of two players, a dozen FAMU players showed up and they expected to take part in the entire Pro Day. Accoding to FSU, that wasn't the agreement and put the FSU representatives at the event in a very bad position trying to explain to these kids that they weren't invited to take part in the drills with the FSU players. But a few ignored that and jumped into drills and that's when some were asked to leave (I think they still all got to run the 40).

Also keep in mind that Pro Day was incredibly long this year and didn't end until 3pm to 3:30 pm. Had a dozen more players been allowed to take part in all the drills Pro Day would have probably gone into the early evening. These pro scouts have tight schedules and can't hang out all day and into the night for a Pro Day with 40 to 50 kids, especially when 90% of them have no shot at ever making an NFL roster.

It's unfortunate that Antonio Cromartie went off on FSU like he did today. I interviewed him earlier in the day, before all this controversy, and he was very upbeat. He was also very complementary of FSU and said he planned to come back for the spring game and wanted to come back often and support the university and his former teammates. I heard that one of the FAMU players involved was a relative of Cromartie which was probably the reason he made the comments that he did.

Unfortunately, it was a big misunderstanding since FAMU brought a bunch of players that weren't invited and they weren't informed before hand how FSU's Pro Day was being run. It's embarrassing that this happened in front of NFL scouts and I suspect it will be a long time before players from other schools are invited to attend an FSU Pro Day.

This is what 'Tonio had to say....

The stinging denial at FSU pro day perhaps wasn't the harshest words of the day. FSU alum and NFL Pro Bowler Antonio Cromartie showed his displeasure with how the situation was handled.

"It's not a fair opportunity, if you're going to have the guys come over here, put them in the same rotation as the other guys, don't sit here and tell them that they can come over here after one 40 (yard dash), and they run in a head wind, after one 40 (yard dash) and they're done. That don't make sense. Treat everybody equally," said Cromartie.

Cromartie added, "Personally that's one reason why I don't come back to Florida State. What goes on here, how they treat former players, alumni that's played here. How they treat us, that's one reason. The only reason I'm here (today at Pro Day) is because of my God brother."

Florida opened spring practice today...

James Wilson practiced today. He says he is going to stay for the spring and see how things are before he makes a decision

Deonte Thompson was the 3rd starting receiver today. Broke down just about everybody that D'ed him up today. He is my breakout freshman of the year

Percy was just Percy. No could stay with him and caught everything thrown @ him. Rumor has it he ran some option with Emmanuel Moody
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I think we have the deepest and fastest group of receivers in the country. IMO

Wondy Pierre-Louis and Joe Haden looked like veterans today. They will probably be the starters again

Cam Newton made some good throws and looked sharp in 7 on 7 drill

I don't know if Brantley practiced today or not

B-Spikes and Co Ingram still looks like a beast out there. I'm expecting GREAT things out of them two

My boy Chris Rainey gained some muscle but still have ways to go before we can compare him to Johnny Rodgers. He needs to get his head together

Back
Top Bottom