“Let Us make man in Our image, according to Our likeness" WHO'S US?

Originally Posted by mynameaintG

He's (God) is referring to the Trinity (God, Jesus, The Holy Ghost)...

even if you don't believe (which is the basis of Christianity), just let them be and move along.

theres nothing i hate more, than trying to forc efeed other people your beliefs (whether Deistic or not)

i'm with you on that but i'm still gonna throw my 2 cents in
John 1:1-2 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was with God in the beginning.
happy.gif

Originally Posted by dgk3188

Originally Posted by devildog1776

I recently been getting into African History like the Egyptian stories.. I'll leave it as that for now

375139_f520.jpg

very interesting huh?

I recently watched this 2 hour documentary (oh shame on me,can't remember what it was called) but there are two parts, and in a segment of part 1, it went over how "Christianity" was copied from theEgyptians….

I am still in disbelief (not that I totally think its wrong,I think I'm just scared of what "may be" the truth)

…but I am very open to hear other's opinion on this, andwhat they too believe in.

Originally Posted by gescobe

Have you ever heard of not taking scripture too literally...?

have you ever heard of scripture being altered by man and Christianity being "created" just so Constantine can have power over his people?

have you ever heard of the Council of Nicea?

have you ever heard of the Apocrypha?

do the knowledge and see me then

Proverbs 8 30 and colossians 1 15 talks about jesus being the 1st created and him working alongside him

Originally Posted by xanadu one

this is going no where.
ih2ps8.gif

WHO'S US?
a. what are we composed of.....dirt, wind,fire, and water=earth
humans= composed of dirt, breathe wind, consume and give off energy, and our bodies are 95%water

and its funny cause 3/4 of the earth is cover by water.

He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation.

wasn't Adam the first created? according to Genesis?

can't have the Bible without contradictions though
grin.gif

trinity. god, jesus, holy spirit. and in John 1, the word that was in the beginning became flesh in the form of Jesus Christ.

the bible may have been written by man, but the inspiration is from the holy spirit.

amen.

I recently been getting into African History like the Egyptian stories.. I'll leave it as that for now

375139_f520.jpg

very interesting huh?

yeah I seen the documentary with ASHRA KWESI.. he enlightened me to the statue on the right

Originally Posted by mrscampbellakasarahlee

375139_f520.jpg

very interesting huh?

I recently watched this 2 hour documentary (oh shame on me, can't remember what it was called) but there are two parts, and in a segment of part 1, it went over how "Christianity" was copied from the Egyptians….

I am still in disbelief (not that I totally think its wrong, I think I'm just scared of what "may be" the truth)

…but I am very open to hear other's opinion on this, and what they too believe in.

That joint with Ashra Kwesi also look into Ray Higgins he goes in

Lol my bad I didn't mean to say that. You know how you thinking of something and you actually type or right it down......well maybe that's just me butI was saying that adam was the 1st human created which doesn't necessarily mean he was the 1st created.

Blasphemous insinuations probably about Christ, God, Horus and Ra?

If you lie in details it makes the tale sound more believable.

We can't go back in time to talk to all that seen Jesus and all the he'd done, all we are left with is the good book.

A good tree cannot produce bad fruit, and a rotten tree cannot produce good fruit.

In saying that polytheism will only bring about the shewing forth of disguised evil and misguidings... Satans trap.

Also their afterlife is contingent upon human conduct which can also apply to christianity given God's law but it all means nothing without the belief inthe son, only one path will guide you to truth and take the blinds off..

Originally Posted by retrospect90

Well my belief is that jesus is christ son, and there is no trinity
Well then by definition you're just plain wrong
laugh.gif
.. Nah but really, "Christ" as a word = "messiah", so Jesus is"the Christ". So when you say Jesus Christ it's not like yoursaying Michael Jordan but instead it's more like saying "Picasso, painter" or Beyonce, singer/songwriter". Many people get his role confused with his name. I'm sure his surname is/was the same as Mary andJoe's but that it is omitted from the bible in favor of a more important label, that of the Christ.

Originally Posted by Equaztion

Blasphemous insinuations probably about Christ, God, Horus and Ra?

If you lie in details it makes the tale sound more believable.

We can't go back in time to talk to all that seen Jesus and all the he'd done, all we are left with is the good book.

A good tree cannot produce bad fruit, and a rotten tree cannot produce good fruit.

In saying that polytheism will only bring about the shewing forth of disguised evil and misguidings... Satans trap.

Also their afterlife is contingent upon human conduct which can also apply to christianity given God's law but it all means nothing without the belief in the son , only one path will guide you to truth and take the blinds off..

u nor I know what happens when we die... NO ONE KNOWS

Just read an article from Smithsonian Magazine about the Ethipian Christians who claim to have documentation and actual writings from Jesus in a sacred temple.Supposedly, Jesus came here from 13-30 to hide from Roman emporors who wanted to kill him, and he stayed there until Christianity had gained enough popularitythat Rome couldn't just kidnap him and kill him for no reason, with no trial. The oly people allowed in this temple to read are a sacred group of naturallyborn, Ethiopian monks who train for life for this duty. Real good read.

True except if your a christian things will be revealed to you during THIS lifetime, things that have strengthened my belief and faith that there is a heavenand a singular divine being and that there is enough information given to you with the inclusion of the bible and experience to tell one what is reality.

Originally Posted by duke4005

Just read an article from Smithsonian Magazine about the Ethipian Christians who claim to have documentation and actual writings from Jesus in a sacred temple. Supposedly, Jesus came here from 13-30 to hide from Roman emporors who wanted to kill him, and he stayed there until Christianity had gained enough popularity that Rome couldn't just kidnap him and kill him for no reason, with no trial. The oly people allowed in this temple to read are a sacred group of naturally born, Ethiopian monks who train for life for this duty. Real good read

Thats crazy cuz the first christian were from ETHIOPIA... look into ASHRA KWESI... oh boy drops knowledge

Whatever it is, it looks nothing like us. Humans are so arrogant to think anyhting that powerful could look as ugly and mishapen as a human being.

Originally Posted by socaking

Whatever it is, it looks nothing like us. Humans are so arrogant to think anyhting that powerful could look as ugly and mishapen as a human being.
My coworker was telling me that lots of time we focus on the physical. She said there were 4 attributes that are inherent within each of us, Love,Justice, Peace, and I forget the last one, but that what it is supposed to mean when they say we are made in God's image.

I will admit, the Bible is an interesting book. I think there is a lot you can learn from it as far as lessons on morality and ways to live an honorable life,but when it gets down to the specifics, that's where I believe it gets deluded. For instance, did you know that in the original text of the Bible, the wordHell was never mentioned? The original term that they used was sheol and hades, which basically translates to the word grave. So the fire and brimstone hellthat the church has used for centuries to scare people into accepting christ....doesn't exist.

Originally Posted by socaking

laugh.gif
whoa whoa slow down Lurrr... first of all the words "in his image" are CLEARLY symbolic or metaphorical. No two humans lookexactly alike (no Mary Kate and Ashley) in the first place so obviously He (or They
nerd.gif
)were referring to something else besides a physical appearance. Likesay... I dunno... ethics? Morality?

My coworker was telling me that lots of time we focus on the physical. She said there were 4 attributes that are inherent within each of us, Love, Justice, Peace, and I forget the last one, but that what it is supposed to mean when they say we are mad in God's image.I will admit, the Bible is an interesting book. I think there is a lot you can learn from it as far as lessons on morality and ways to live an honorable life, but when it gets down to the specifics, that's where I believe it gets deluded. For instance, did you know that in the original text of the Bible, the word Hell was never mentioned? The original term that they used was sheol and hades, which basically translates to the word grave. So the fire and brimstone hell that the church has used for centuries to scare people into accepting christ....doesn't *necessarily exist.
[Chris Griffin]
eek.gif
... STRAY OUTTA MY HEAD!! [/Chris Griffin]

* No one hear can answer that question, that's for damnsure. Pun intended.

Hell is mumbo jumbo. Why would a loving god torture someone. A lot of religious leaders just twist things up. A lot of stuff people believe was never mentionedin the bible like christmas.

Back
Top Bottom