≈CHEECH & CHONG's≈

Originally Posted by elcerrito91

UNDFTD? I've never seen SBs there.....word from BP's twitter is 5/20.....We'll see, come Wednesday.

Call them up 310 399 4195

UNDFTD? I've never seen SBs there.....word from BP's twitter is 5/20.....We'll see, come Wednesday.

Call them up 310 399 4195

Nike releases a "teaser" pic of the shoe with the best feature of the shoe displayed. Internet goes crazy. Hype is created
Nike releases full pics of the shoe. Intenet has mixed feelings. Shoe is deemed subpar. Sales are in jeapordy.
Nike releases supposed numbers of pairs to be released. Hype slightly increases but most still want nothin to do with the shoe.
Nike releases rumors of a cancelation of the shoe. People start to get interested in sample pairs. Hype increases
Nike sends the shoe out to shops with no exact date in QS type manner. Hype sky rockets. Shoes are an instant sellout.
The End. lol

Nike releases a "teaser" pic of the shoe with the best feature of the shoe displayed. Internet goes crazy. Hype is created
Nike releases full pics of the shoe. Intenet has mixed feelings. Shoe is deemed subpar. Sales are in jeapordy.
Nike releases supposed numbers of pairs to be released. Hype slightly increases but most still want nothin to do with the shoe.
Nike releases rumors of a cancelation of the shoe. People start to get interested in sample pairs. Hype increases
Nike sends the shoe out to shops with no exact date in QS type manner. Hype sky rockets. Shoes are an instant sellout.
The End. lol

I doubt these are coming out. They said Freddys were coming out after they initially got canned and they never did. Plus, it'd be stupid to release a 4/20 dunk in May. Nike should just bite the bullet and destroy this concept.

I doubt these are coming out. They said Freddys were coming out after they initially got canned and they never did. Plus, it'd be stupid to release a 4/20 dunk in May. Nike should just bite the bullet and destroy this concept.

i checked my local shop they said they were getting them the end of april. but idk ill check again tomorrow.

i checked my local shop they said they were getting them the end of april. but idk ill check again tomorrow.

Originally Posted by L7OSER

The End. lol
By hype what do you mean? Imo and based on observation, no matter if they were scrapped, the numbers, or when the actual pics dropped, the interest in these was never very high. Most people on the forums and blogs were unimpressed and there was never a majority of people saying they would cop em. Even if these were just samples, I doubt the prices would be insanely high, simply because people just arent liking them.

No matter how limited, or how much people try to hype up a shoe, if its ugly to most people then it wont be anything. So in response to your comment, these never had much interest in them and therefore werent hyped up. Sure the blogs tried to hype them up, but at the end of the day these are hidious to most people and when they were cancelled many people were happy that they werent dropping. All we need is another ugly SB dunk. 

Originally Posted by L7OSER

The End. lol
By hype what do you mean? Imo and based on observation, no matter if they were scrapped, the numbers, or when the actual pics dropped, the interest in these was never very high. Most people on the forums and blogs were unimpressed and there was never a majority of people saying they would cop em. Even if these were just samples, I doubt the prices would be insanely high, simply because people just arent liking them.

No matter how limited, or how much people try to hype up a shoe, if its ugly to most people then it wont be anything. So in response to your comment, these never had much interest in them and therefore werent hyped up. Sure the blogs tried to hype them up, but at the end of the day these are hidious to most people and when they were cancelled many people were happy that they werent dropping. All we need is another ugly SB dunk. 

Originally Posted by UPandCOMING32

Originally Posted by macgyver35

really? i highly doubt it...Nike never bought the rights for Mcflys or Freddys...I highly doubt they will for these, esp. if only 1000 were made suppsoedly.......Nike isnt dumb, they know what theyre doing...release a controversial shoe. get some press. cancl it (due to copyright issues or whatever BS excuse they have)....the best PR for a company is when its FREE

I will stick to my statement i made on the last page

Absolutely nothing Free about being out 1000+ pair SB run that you can't make $ back on. These are done, someone should change the title. nike isn't loosing anymore $ on license rights. Unless theycan get a McFly license agreement as well. Some McFlys would kill it! Sucks to those cheech n chong fans set on copp'n these but these are garbage anyways for a 4:20 release. I'm sure these will pop up discounted somewhere for those intent on blowing $ money on these...
if you read my post, i said the BEST PR for a company is when its FREE....Nike creates a shoe that they know will be controversial and therefore will get news coverage...Nike gets their name in the press again....for FREE....what to do with the shoes? give them out on campus and let employees give them to friends/family or flip em...sneakers cost pennies to make compared to MSRP...so basically 1000 pairs is FREE for nike seeing they make billions of dollars a year

they need to release those Purple Hazes though
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
Wasting $$$ on 1000+ pairs of a sneaker is NOT free  
grin.gif

Hooking up friends/family etc. does not compensate for the cost to design/mold/manufacture/deliver/taxes etc. this release. Nike is a business and believe me, they lost money on this release, which you say is "Free Negative PR". 
laugh.gif

Here's a recent example of true "Free PR". 

adidas's new adiZero Crazy Light shoe premiering this week on Derrick Rose's feet during playoffs is entirely light blue. The adiZero Crazy Light is Rose and adidas's sort of equivalent to LeBron's PS model. According to the NBA's uniform requirements regarding playoffs, a sneaker must be predominately black/white or matching the uniform's colors. Derrick Rose will be fined, but will still wear these shoes, thus creating PR and negative reaction from the League prompting more exposure. (I'm sure adida's will be picking up Rose's fine and cutting a check) But in the end these shoes will be available at accounts for purchase and turn a greater profit as a result of PR and negative reactions from the NBA. This is successful marketing/business strategy. Nike's 2011 4:20 release was just a poorly executed concept that resulted in an unfortunate net loss for Nike. Basically Nike F'd up. Better luck next year. 

really? i highly doubt it...Nike never bought the rights for Mcflys or Freddys...I highly doubt they will for these, esp. if only 1000 were made suppsoedly.......Nike isnt dumb, they know what theyre doing...release a controversial shoe. get some press. cancl it (due to copyright issues or whatever BS excuse they have)....the best PR for a company is when its FREE

I will stick to my statement i made on the last page

Absolutely nothing Free about being out 1000+ pair SB run that you can't make $ back on. These are done, someone should change the title. nike isn't loosing anymore $ on license rights. Unless theycan get a McFly license agreement as well. Some McFlys would kill it! Sucks to those cheech n chong fans set on copp'n these but these are garbage anyways for a 4:20 release. I'm sure these will pop up discounted somewhere for those intent on blowing $ money on these...
if you read my post, i said the BEST PR for a company is when its FREE....Nike creates a shoe that they know will be controversial and therefore will get news coverage...Nike gets their name in the press again....for FREE....what to do with the shoes? give them out on campus and let employees give them to friends/family or flip em...sneakers cost pennies to make compared to MSRP...so basically 1000 pairs is FREE for nike seeing they make billions of dollars a year

they need to release those Purple Hazes though
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
Wasting $$$ on 1000+ pairs of a sneaker is NOT free  
grin.gif

Hooking up friends/family etc. does not compensate for the cost to design/mold/manufacture/deliver/taxes etc. this release. Nike is a business and believe me, they lost money on this release, which you say is "Free Negative PR". 
laugh.gif

Here's a recent example of true "Free PR". 

adidas's new adiZero Crazy Light shoe premiering this week on Derrick Rose's feet during playoffs is entirely light blue. The adiZero Crazy Light is Rose and adidas's sort of equivalent to LeBron's PS model. According to the NBA's uniform requirements regarding playoffs, a sneaker must be predominately black/white or matching the uniform's colors. Derrick Rose will be fined, but will still wear these shoes, thus creating PR and negative reaction from the League prompting more exposure. (I'm sure adida's will be picking up Rose's fine and cutting a check) But in the end these shoes will be available at accounts for purchase and turn a greater profit as a result of PR and negative reactions from the NBA. This is successful marketing/business strategy. Nike's 2011 4:20 release was just a poorly executed concept that resulted in an unfortunate net loss for Nike. Basically Nike F'd up. Better luck next year. 

macgyver, did you read the rest of the thread, I provided a decent argument as did wonderkid (i think thats his name)

macgyver, did you read the rest of the thread, I provided a decent argument as did wonderkid (i think thats his name)

Yes...  and I wasn't responding to your comment so what's your point? 
You haven't really provided any arguments. You're just jocking this ugly shoe way too hard and the information you do post is not concrete and I think at this point anyone reading this thread realizes how badly you want to believe these shoes will be well received and you're probably gonna copp if they drop. 
sick.gif

You like the shoe, good for you. But the majority will still agree 

Skunks > Cheech/Chongs

I would buy the skunks because the shoes is sexy. I will NOT waste $$$/effort on the cheech and chongs even if I was planning on reselling them. Not looking like the smartest resell investment. The allure that a few shops will sell these out, most likely $125-150 range 
laugh.gif
, and then resell for less than $300 and still be ugly is NOT the hustle in my opinion. I've come along way from high school days where I allowed myself to waste hours in a line on an overpriced shoe I didn't really like, just to make $100 or so dollars. That only makes sense if you're buying 2-3 pairs, that way you can keep the shoe you actually like and get your $ back selling the other pair or two to a fellow NTer for a decent price or even stock as trade bait. But in the end these shoes are ugly, so I don't care if I pay nothing in the end after reselling multiple pairs, I won't wear these ugly shoes, and they're so ugly I doubt another sneaker head would be down to trade serious heat for them if I kept them as trade bait..

Ya dig??

Let people buy what they like and stop discussing rumors and prices. This shoe is very unappealing and I don't think many people care about the market value of this shoe as much as you do except maybe disappointed SB shop owners who I'm sure were hoping to charge even more on this years 4:20 release than they did on last years Skunks so of course they're going to talk this shoe up and trying to milk sheep as much as they can. 

If the shoe comes out and you like it, buy it and be happy with it. (Do us a favor and cut back the upper and share pics 
nerd.gif
 ) That's contribution, but I feel like you're talking yourself into buying this shoe by trying to convince this board these shoes are something special. They're just ugly SBs and in my opinion you'd have to buy these at cost or bellow retail to justify buying to resell. Otherwise your hustle is on some high school underclassman status and you're just buying this shoe like all the other sheep who think it's special. Save your $$ and buy some skunks. Or like me, I'm saving a few dollars and buying HUF's 420 pack which I think is a smarter deal and over all better looking shoe. 

I've been buying shoes for a long time and skateboarded for many years before Nike finally broke through to the skate market. This release is nothing special as far Nike's SB category, and the controversy does nothing for me nor does it change my opinions on the shoe's ugly look. my 2 cents

Yes...  and I wasn't responding to your comment so what's your point? 
You haven't really provided any arguments. You're just jocking this ugly shoe way too hard and the information you do post is not concrete and I think at this point anyone reading this thread realizes how badly you want to believe these shoes will be well received and you're probably gonna copp if they drop. 
sick.gif

You like the shoe, good for you. But the majority will still agree 

Skunks > Cheech/Chongs

I would buy the skunks because the shoes is sexy. I will NOT waste $$$/effort on the cheech and chongs even if I was planning on reselling them. Not looking like the smartest resell investment. The allure that a few shops will sell these out, most likely $125-150 range 
laugh.gif
, and then resell for less than $300 and still be ugly is NOT the hustle in my opinion. I've come along way from high school days where I allowed myself to waste hours in a line on an overpriced shoe I didn't really like, just to make $100 or so dollars. That only makes sense if you're buying 2-3 pairs, that way you can keep the shoe you actually like and get your $ back selling the other pair or two to a fellow NTer for a decent price or even stock as trade bait. But in the end these shoes are ugly, so I don't care if I pay nothing in the end after reselling multiple pairs, I won't wear these ugly shoes, and they're so ugly I doubt another sneaker head would be down to trade serious heat for them if I kept them as trade bait..

Ya dig??

Let people buy what they like and stop discussing rumors and prices. This shoe is very unappealing and I don't think many people care about the market value of this shoe as much as you do except maybe disappointed SB shop owners who I'm sure were hoping to charge even more on this years 4:20 release than they did on last years Skunks so of course they're going to talk this shoe up and trying to milk sheep as much as they can. 

If the shoe comes out and you like it, buy it and be happy with it. (Do us a favor and cut back the upper and share pics 
nerd.gif
 ) That's contribution, but I feel like you're talking yourself into buying this shoe by trying to convince this board these shoes are something special. They're just ugly SBs and in my opinion you'd have to buy these at cost or bellow retail to justify buying to resell. Otherwise your hustle is on some high school underclassman status and you're just buying this shoe like all the other sheep who think it's special. Save your $$ and buy some skunks. Or like me, I'm saving a few dollars and buying HUF's 420 pack which I think is a smarter deal and over all better looking shoe. 

I've been buying shoes for a long time and skateboarded for many years before Nike finally broke through to the skate market. This release is nothing special as far Nike's SB category, and the controversy does nothing for me nor does it change my opinions on the shoe's ugly look. my 2 cents

laugh.gif
Ya dig??
Curious..how much you make you think you gonna make off that full size run of kd3s you got in your sig? If these did drop they would be a way better investment than the kicks you have for sale. I hope you are charging retail for them. None of those are "trade bait" for serious heat. Maybe the preheats but the size is not gonna get you the money the bigger sizes are fetching. And if the shoes resold for less than 300 and still be ugly? what
laugh.gif
If you were reselling them for profit, why do you care about how the shoes look?

laugh.gif
Ya dig??
Curious..how much you make you think you gonna make off that full size run of kd3s you got in your sig? If these did drop they would be a way better investment than the kicks you have for sale. I hope you are charging retail for them. None of those are "trade bait" for serious heat. Maybe the preheats but the size is not gonna get you the money the bigger sizes are fetching. And if the shoes resold for less than 300 and still be ugly? what
laugh.gif
If you were reselling them for profit, why do you care about how the shoes look?

^
No disrespect, but why did you get THIS guy started on the SB reselling convo...

AGAIN. 
indifferent.gif

laugh.gif

You missed that train.  You just collecting dust at this point (compared to 99-05).

eyes.gif

^
No disrespect, but why did you get THIS guy started on the SB reselling convo...

AGAIN. 
indifferent.gif

laugh.gif

You missed that train.  You just collecting dust at this point (compared to 99-05).

eyes.gif

Macgyver, what are you talking about?

I agree that these shoes wont be anything and I've been saying that most people think they're ugly the whole time. I DONT like this shoe, and just like skunks which I didnt really care for, I wont be copping this one.

And to the last guy, not to hate, but SN bites most of their SB news from NSB, get it straight from the source next time.

I think these will drop in USA, just not in Euro, that was one of the arguments given on NSB.

A lot of people are saying that Nike SB called these back to increase hype, but I dont think so. Regardless of that, no matter how much hype these receive or how limited they are, these were never going to be anything simply because most heads think they are ugly and therefore wouldnt cop or would want them as trade bait (to answer your question on that).

Even Ben G knows most people dont like these as shown by the first segment of this sentence

19768ba1cfb274ddb7b54cf593801f1d.jpg

NSB

Back
Top Bottom