≈CHEECH & CHONG's≈

those pics up there look sick. love how the shoe looks from front view. might have to scoop when they drop at my shop tomorrow..

those pics up there look sick. love how the shoe looks from front view. might have to scoop when they drop at my shop tomorrow..

Damn at all the Skate Shops marking up the Box Price.
Shop around my way wants $150 for a pair..
Releasing this Thursday.

I thought $125 for the Statue Of Liberty's was BAD enough of a mark up.

SMH.

Releasing this Thursday.

SMH.

Originally Posted by ALDY

Releasing this Thursday.

SMH.

if they're going for 250 resale then even 150 isnt that bad, consider retail is 109 with tax (at least in CA) it comes out to 120...Some shops were giving t-shirts so 150 wouldnt seem that unusal if a tee were included. I know what you mean though, shops are just taking advantage of the demand though cant really blame them considering all the SB flops lately, they have to make up the losses somehow.

Releasing this Thursday.

SMH.

if they're going for 250 resale then even 150 isnt that bad, consider retail is 109 with tax (at least in CA) it comes out to 120...Some shops were giving t-shirts so 150 wouldnt seem that unusal if a tee were included. I know what you mean though, shops are just taking advantage of the demand though cant really blame them considering all the SB flops lately, they have to make up the losses somehow.

Originally Posted by elcerrito91

Releasing this Thursday.

SMH.

yeah but most of us aren't interested in the resale bro. well maybe you are. its people thinking that way that makes nike or skateshops jack these prices up. and what losses? nike is doing just fine 
laugh.gif
 and skateshops sell other things besides quickstrike shoes trust they don't make much off them, but you should know you are good with the math.

Releasing this Thursday.

SMH.

yeah but most of us aren't interested in the resale bro. well maybe you are. its people thinking that way that makes nike or skateshops jack these prices up. and what losses? nike is doing just fine 
laugh.gif
 and skateshops sell other things besides quickstrike shoes trust they don't make much off them, but you should know you are good with the math.

what i'm saying is that though they are 150, you would make that up plus 100 by selling them for 250, thus the 150 retail really isnt that high considering the potential return......Skate shops dont jack prices up because resale is high, they jack it up because demand is high....if demand is high and supply is low then resale is high...my point is that resale and shops' prices are unrelated. Resale is determined after the shoes leave the shop and is a byproduct of demand. 

I dont resell and never have sold a pair in my life, I even admit to overpaying on a pair of worn awayguns, but I like them so much that I didnt mind. I'm just saying that 150 isnt that expensive considering the market value and considering the fact that even at retail they would be 120.

I'm with you man, I wouldnt want to pay 150 either, but think of it from the shops' point of view. If they have a shoe that is in high demand and people are willing to pay as much as 150 for them then why would they give up that potential profit and sell for MSRP of 109?

I think there is or there used to be a rule saying that shops couldnt jack up the prices or else they would their account, can anyone shed some light on this issue? 

what i'm saying is that though they are 150, you would make that up plus 100 by selling them for 250, thus the 150 retail really isnt that high considering the potential return......Skate shops dont jack prices up because resale is high, they jack it up because demand is high....if demand is high and supply is low then resale is high...my point is that resale and shops' prices are unrelated. Resale is determined after the shoes leave the shop and is a byproduct of demand. 

I dont resell and never have sold a pair in my life, I even admit to overpaying on a pair of worn awayguns, but I like them so much that I didnt mind. I'm just saying that 150 isnt that expensive considering the market value and considering the fact that even at retail they would be 120.

I'm with you man, I wouldnt want to pay 150 either, but think of it from the shops' point of view. If they have a shoe that is in high demand and people are willing to pay as much as 150 for them then why would they give up that potential profit and sell for MSRP of 109?

I think there is or there used to be a rule saying that shops couldnt jack up the prices or else they would their account, can anyone shed some light on this issue? 

yeah. we heard that like a thousand times from you guy.
but seriously. you are wayyyyy too caught up in the number game.

and i've never in my life seen any places that sell jordans (retailers) mark their prices up no matter QS or hyperstrike or limited whatever. so i really don't see how they can justify marking a price up. well i do, but i dont.

anyways they will sell at 150 at all the skateshops just the same as they would as retail tag. seen it with most premium releases. moving on..

yeah. we heard that like a thousand times from you guy.
but seriously. you are wayyyyy too caught up in the number game.

and i've never in my life seen any places that sell jordans (retailers) mark their prices up no matter QS or hyperstrike or limited whatever. so i really don't see how they can justify marking a price up. well i do, but i dont.

anyways they will sell at 150 at all the skateshops just the same as they would as retail tag. seen it with most premium releases. moving on..

Back
Top Bottom