★★OFFICIAL CHICAGO BULLS THREAD★★ Boozer fractured in his right hand and is out for 8 weeks.

Originally Posted by chinaurge

Lebron is not going to want to play in MJ's shadow in Chi-town.

kobe almost became a bull, why cant lebron be a bull?

both idolize mj, why not play for the team he played with and have his jersey hang next to mjs on the rafters one day

all that talk of mo cheeks and lawrence "doogie howser" frank make me think all the lebron speculation might be as dead for us as is the Nets. Paxson may be caned if he messes this up! Do what the hell worldwide wes says man and get this done.

THIS IS THE ROUTE WE NEED TO BE TAKING... AM I THE ONLY ONE WHO UNDERSTANDS THIS???

laugh.gif
I think we all understand that, but we're not in the building
frown.gif

Signing Tom Thibedeau would be the worst possible move for the Bulls.  
Top defensive assistant from one of the best NBA teams moves on to be a head coach for the first time, where have we seen this before?  Ah, that's right.  Mike Brown in Cleveland.

LBJ isn't going to want to play for another defensive-minded, offensively-impaired head coach with no prior head coaching experience.  

Cheeks is the best choice of the candidates being talked about right now IMO.

Cake, do we really want Thibs? I have heard about his work ethic and defensive mind...but he still has no head coaching experience. Didn't Mike Brown have a great defensive mind, but lacked offensive creativity. I thought we were going to avoid that this time around. I know they have to chip their teeth somewhere though.

If the Cal/Bron package is untrue, I think that Byron Scott is our man. Van Gundy sounds like he is content in the booth. Now what if Bulls hired Thibs was hired along with Phil Jackson and Thibs handled more of the road games while he was being groomed for head coaching spot.

understood...and pax should be smacked for even giving turner from houston an interview...wasting time on the job

Can I get on that list too AgentPD21.

I heard on the saloon that LeBron was in a bidding war with an unidentified Chicago Bear for a condo on the gold coast and was ultimately outbid. Doesn't really mean anything but it's better than nothing.

[h2]Johnson hasn't heard from Bulls[/h2]
ESPNChicago.com

CHICAGO -- The Chicago Bulls apparently will once again look past former Dallas Mavericks coach Avery Johnson in their search for a coach.

[h4]ESPNChicago.com Bulls blog[/h4]
The latest news from Bulls reporter Nick Friedell. Blog

Johnson, who has spent the past two seasons as an analyst for ESPN, talked with executive vice president of basketball operations John Paxson about the Bulls job in 2008 that eventually went to Vinny Del Negro. Now with Del Negro fired and the Bulls in search of a coach again, Johnson hasn't gotten any attention to this point from the Bulls.

"They evaluate their situation as far as who is the best fit. I don't think it's a knock on any potential coach that is available if he's not the right fit," Johnson said Thursday on "The Waddle & Silvy Show" on ESPN 1000. "My track record speaks for itself. It's well-documented what we did in Dallas. Two years ago when there was a vacancy I had a quick conversation with Paxson on the phone, but I wasn't really, really interested in coaching at the time. I had just gotten let go by the Mavericks.

"As we move forward I'm talking to other teams about their situations. Hopefully I'll be the right fit for another team whether it's this year or next year."

Asked about his reputation as a tough disciplinarian possibly scaring teams off, Johnson pointed to his resume.

"In Dallas look at what happens when you're tough on guys," Johnson said. "When you're tough on guys and you take over for a head coach [Don Nelson] in March and you go 16-2 the rest of the way and you go to the second round [of the playoffs], you win back to back 60-win [seasons], you get to the [NBA] Finals, which is tough to do without a traditional post-up player and a relative unknown [Devin Harris] at the point guard position. We had a lot of success in Dallas.

"I don't think Doc Rivers is a soft coach, I don't think Phil Jackson is a soft coach. I think that's a little bit overrated."

ohwell.gif

Meanwhile Eston Turner got an interview??? Its not about him being the coach its about them looking at proven winners. We're looking at 2nd tier and assistant coaches like we didn't just go through the past two years of ineptitude at the helm
tired.gif

Originally Posted by Seymore CAKE

Meanwhile Eston Turner got an interview??? Its not about him being the coach its about them looking at proven winners. We're looking at 2nd tier and assistant coaches like we didn't just go through the past two years of ineptitude at the helm
tired.gif
exactly, the fact that we aren't even considering him makes no sense at all
indifferent.gif

That is still a gamble waiting on Thibadeau (sp?). I would think that Avery deserves an interview at the least. Elston Turner is interviewed...hell Vinny got the job without so much as coaching an elementary school team.

I really hope that we come away with some winning transactions that will get us to the second round and beyond next year and eventually to the Finals.

don't bulls players kinda hate lebron? just thinking that it might destroy team chemistry having him there..

Add me to that first page....And I want Byron Scott like some of you others. Hes got experience especially with a star pg.

Put me down on that list as well.

It'd be nice if we could reunite Bron and Boozer here in Chicago.

Man I really don't want Bron for some reason. It would be great to get Bosh, and if we got Joe Johnson that would be excellent. I think Bron would just make this a totally different team and not in a good way. 

Back
Top Bottom