☆☆☆ - ENTOURAGE Season 5 (Ep. 62): "First Class Jerk" 10pm ET - ☆☆☆

After watching it on demand, anyone else think Dana isn't the realistic choice for the job? Alan was a made guy, Ari owns his own agency. It seems to methat the studio head is a much higher position. Someone like Barbra or Terrance (maybe not because of his age) would be more of a choice then Dana. She hadonly seemed to be her own boss for a short time. Same with Amanda. Maybe I am reading to much into this but I never thought she was the caliber agent to be astudio head.
nerd.gif

YO! I really haven't been all that into the past 3 episodes, honestly. All that sentimental accoustic music mid-way through ain't poppin'. Ol'crossroads, decisions-decisions type bull.

And as far as Dana... she's clearly less qualified than Ari, and to a lesser degree Amanda. But she was, at one point, Alan's ace boon koon. Basicallyhis VP, next in line. Not many would seem to know more about the studio than she would.

DF!!!

Originally Posted by ASchwartz44

After watching it on demand, anyone else think Dana isn't the realistic choice for the job? Alan was a made guy, Ari owns his own agency. It seems to me that the studio head is a much higher position. Someone like Barbra or Terrance (maybe not because of his age) would be more of a choice then Dana. She had only seemed to be her own boss for a short time. Same with Amanda. Maybe I am reading to much into this but I never thought she was the caliber agent to be a studio head.
nerd.gif

well, Dana is a studio head somewhere else right? she also worked under Alan...so that helps with her experience.

Dana was "VP of Production" for Warners before so she was very close to the #1 spot there.

her current job before studio president was around that level as well. the entourage producers don't think things through all the way (you can tell bytrying to calculate Drama's age and realizing its impossible cause every reference is random) but in this case its not too crazy to believe Ari convincesBill (was it Bill?) who doesn't really pay close attention to the movie business that Dana is a good choice.

this isn't the Wire (or even Arrested Development), you usually won't find deeper meanings and well thought-out ideas, usually just subtle themes likeloyalty and karma in some cases. enjoy the show for what it is. however, the producers/writers do pay a lot of attention to the authenticity of the movieindustry so you can appreciate that.

great episode overall.

Next week looks confusing tho. I have a feeling things arent gonna go right with smoke jumpers

awesome episode. Dana is bangin! turtle and drama were hilarious! Ari was just plain awesome. Loved this episode, nice story and lotsa suspense! 2 thumbs up!

Back
Top Bottom