☆☆☆ Official Track&Field Thread ☆☆☆

pimp.gif

20.00.......Tyson aint look too good...dude was blowin out of his +#! at the end
laugh.gif

I thought he tweaked somethin but he said he aint trained in 2 weeks so i guess thats a whatever race.

Yeah I'm watching live online right now, it doesn't come on Universal Sports until later today.

Has VCB competed at all this Euro Season?

edit: Jeter wins the 100m in 10.93...she always has bad starts,
smh.gif
Felix another bad start.

The Meet comes on from 3-6pm EST on Universal Sports.

Originally Posted by DiPlOmAt TDOt

Yeah I'm watching live online right now, it doesn't come on Universal Sports until later today.

got a link to watch it online?

that universal sports site says broadcast not available in your region.

eek.gif
37.46 for Jamaica without Asafa and that last exchange could've beencleaner, that was near the old 37.40 WR.

Why was Daniel Bailey running for Jamaica on the 1st Leg when he's from Antigua?
laugh.gif

weren't the jamaican squad as such.... they went in under a different name with that antiguan dude running 1st leg... them other boys probably at thedoping unit
smh.gif

and Gay aint even show in the relay?? these dudes duckin that head to head somethin serious
laugh.gif

Yohan, Asafa, Frater & Bolt is a serrrrrious team for a WC 4x100 Final they can def break their own WR and got 36 secs.

I like Tyson, but in the post race interview he seemed to be trying to cop a plea early for next month. He stated he thought he could win both the 100 and 200when the reporter straight up asked him, but he also said he's working with "basically one groin." I just hope he and Bolt are both completelyhealthy next month so we can all see what's what.

Thing with track if one little thing is bugging you it messes you up a lot. You have to be in perfect condition to run this fast, and the smallest thing willslow you down. I am surprised Tyson is putting these times in if this injury is really as bad as he makes it out to be. Bolt is running 9.5 this year tho so itdont matter

Or Tyson could be playing mind games to make it see like an injury is serious when it really isn't. Gwen Torrence was notorious for doing this in the90's.

Originally Posted by DiPlOmAt TDOt

eek.gif

Why was Daniel Bailey running for Jamaica on the 1st Leg when he's from Antigua?
laugh.gif
cus they all run for club team racer...
it wasnt necesarily the Jamaican team just their seperate club teams

Gay to run Worlds before surgery
[table][tr][td]
Sat Jul 25, 2009 By Gene Cherry / Reuters
[/td] [td][/td] [/tr][/table][table][tr][td] [table][tr][td] [table][tr][td]
C:%5CUsers%5Cjay%5CAppData%5CLocal%5CTemp%5Cmsohtmlclip1%5C01%5Cclip_image001.gif

[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
C:%5CUsers%5Cjay%5CAppData%5CLocal%5CTemp%5Cmsohtmlclip1%5C01%5Cclip_image002.gif

[/td] [td]
WATCH: Tyson Gay eases to victory in the 200m
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
C:%5CUsers%5Cjay%5CAppData%5CLocal%5CTemp%5Cmsohtmlclip1%5C01%5Cclip_image002.gif

[/td] [td]
WATCH: Tyson Gay post-race interview in London
[/td] [/tr][/table][/td] [td][/td] [/tr][/table][/td] [/tr][/table][table][tr][td] [table][tr][td]
http://www.universalsports.com/ViewImage.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=23000&PHOTOID=204732340 http://www.universalsports.com/ViewImage.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=23000&PHOTOID=204732340
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
By: Getty Images

Tyson Gay will need surgery on his injured groin after Worlds.
[/td] [/tr][/table][/td] [/tr][tr][td][/td] [td] [/td] [/tr][/table]
RALEIGH, North Carolina, July 25 (Reuters) - Double world sprint champion Tyson Gay will delay surgery on his injured groin in order to compete innext month's Berlin world championships against Olympic gold medalist Usain Bolt.

"The doctor says that I will need surgery some time, but I didn't want to take a chance getting surgery now so I have just been getting some painpills to work on the pain," Gay told Reuters in a telephone interview.

Gay won the 200 metres on the second and final day of the London grand prix at Crystal Palace on Saturday.

The 26-year-old American said the soreness had prevented him from training properly for several weeks.

"It's just frustrating for a sprinter," said Gay, who failed to make the 100 metres final at last year's Beijing Olympics after sufferinga hamstring injury at the U.S. trials.

"I am just trying to rest and let it get better, It's a lot of bad luck."

Gay said his fitness would not be a problem heading into the world championships, but his sharpness could be.

"My fitness is okay," he said. "I can get that back quick, but my sharpness, I have to get it back."

He said he remained optimistic about the world championships, where his 100 and 200 metres clashes with Jamaican Olympic champion and world record holderBolt are expected to be the highlight of the Aug 15-23 meeting.

"I believe that once I am in that environment and my adrenaline is pumping up, I will be okay because I did not feel any pain when I was running the200 today," Gay said. "I didn't feel any pain at all."

Bolt said he also hoped Gay would be ready.

"I think he's got a lot of time to get over that so I think he'll be okay," the Jamaican told reporters at Crystal Palace after running inthe 4x100m relay.

A decision will be made later this week on whether Gay runs on Friday in Stockholm.

"Honestly it's more of an annoying thing when I sit down or I walk," he said. "After a sprint it gets sore on me. Beside that, it'sall good.

"I am just going to take it one day at a time. I just want to take care of the 100 (at the world championships) and see where it goes afterthat."

Not good
smh.gif

Tyson needs to be 110% because Usain looks like he's coming into peak condition.

God dammit. Now when Bolt roasts him on some WR's vs Roy Williams (Saftey) #$*!, the excuses are gonna fly....

Gay: 100m at worlds will be 'best ever'
BERLIN -- Tyson Gay is confident he will "shock the world" by upstaging triple Olympic gold medalist Usain Bolt at next month's world championships in what the American predicts will be the most exciting 100-meter race ever.

Triple world champion Gay, who has clocked the fastest times over 100 meters and 200 meters this season, is ready to face off with Bolt for the first time this year in Berlin.

With the Jamaican holding the world record over both distances, Gay promised the 100 would live up to expectation.

[+] Enlarge
AP photo/Sang TanTyson Gay, center, won the 200-meter final Saturday and says he will carry that momentum into next month's 100 meters again Usain Bolt.

"It will be some of the best sprinting ever," said the 26-year-old on Monday, adding Jamaicans Bolt and Asafa Powell and himself would battle it out for the top spot.

"You have three guys who want to win. It will be the most exciting race ever," Gay told a small group of reporters in a conference call.

"I would call it 'Tyson Gay shocks the world'," he said when asked to pick a headline for his showdown with Bolt.

Gay said a nagging groin injury that has been troubling him would not affect his performance at the Aug. 15-23 world championships in the German capital.

"I feel good. I truly believe I can run a lot better and show the world I can do that," he said.

"I do not really think it will affect my performances," he said of the injury. "As long I can train before then I will be fine and I will not be affected at all."

He said he was treating it with pain killers and massage but was not expecting to do anything more than that.

"I took some pain killers but I am going to ease off the pain killers because I am not a big fan of pain killers," he said.

The American said he was in a similar situation before his double world title in 2007 in Osaka, Japan, when he was suffering from a knee injury.

"Then I had a knee injury, now a groin injury. Confidence is the same way. I feel I am the underdog [behind Bolt] and I still have the same confidence I can be victorious."

Gay has run 9.77 seconds this year but said he could see himself running a lot faster.

"My main goal is to run faster than those times. The best is yet to come," Gay said.

Quiet and reserved, Gay is the opposite of the extrovert Bolt.

But he acknowledged the Jamaican's performances and his showmanship were doing track and field a world of good.

"I feel really good the way he is transcending the sport. He is making the sport less boring because he is so exciting. When you have someone who can dance, entertain and run fast, it is very good," Gay said.

Smed, TDot... we gonna see History Either way
This +!$+ gonna be EPIC!
just a couple more weeks away

pimp.gif

call me a skeptic but if theres truth to that nagging groin injury how can you post your fastest ever time with an injury like that?

I can see him not feeling the pain, especially under the adrenaline rush on the day of but wouldn't there be physical limitations on muscles related tothat injury? I don't see how that won't affect his running. I hope its true that he will produce his best at the worlds but if this injury is true, Idon't see him on Bolt's level.

Back
Top Bottom