☆☆ 2012 NBA Finals ☆☆ The King has been crowned; Heat win 2012 NBA Finals! Bron Finals MVP.

The Marc Gasol Sweepstakes begins 
pimp.gif

oh, and the offseason MVP needs to bless this thread:

0b815ce653ffc1a61b7c682539ad1758e8cee24.gif

(at least i have something to keep me entertained.. since the eagles decided to wet the bed)

After a few months of being able to forget about it, I am again faced with the reality that the Hornets have five players under contract, four of which are Emeka Okafor, Trevor Ariza, Jarrett Jack and Quincy Pondexter.

At least tell me Deron Williams is stuck in Turkey or whatever for the season.

Originally Posted by Kevin Cleveland

After a few months of being able to forget about it, I am again faced with the reality that the Hornets have five players five players under contract, four of which are Emeka Okafor, Trevor Ariza, Jarrett Jack and Quincy Pondexter.

Hornets are in a tough position, with CP3 this season they probably finish around 8th seed which would put them outside of the lottery of the 2012 draft where the talent kind of drops off a bit.

I think the GM needs to sit down with him and ask him if you're not committed here we need to trade you to better our future and stock up on picks and tank the season kind of like the Cavs, Clippers, and T-Wolves did, can't have him leaving for nothing like Bron did.

Originally Posted by JaeEvolution

After a few months of being able to forget about it, I am again faced with the reality that the Hornets have five players five players under contract, four of which are Emeka Okafor, Trevor Ariza, Jarrett Jack and Quincy Pondexter.

Hornets are in a tough position, with CP3 this season they probably finish around 8th seed which would put them outside of the lottery of the 2012 draft where the talent kind of drops off a bit.

I think the GM needs to sit down with him and ask him if you're not committed here we need to trade you to better our future and stock up on picks and tank the season kind of like the Cavs, Clippers, and T-Wolves did, can't have him leaving for nothing like Bron did.
Yeah, we'll help you guys out and take him.
smile.gif

Originally Posted by HarlemToTheBronx

Yeah, we'll help you guys out and take him.
smile.gif

We can give yall Chompsy, Landry Fields, Derrick Brown, Toney Douglas and some money...no picks '12, '14 & '16 are gone already.
laugh.gif

Contract lengths: 5 years (Bird rights), 4 years (non-Bird); Escrow: 10% annual; Rookie scale: No reduction. Minimum salary: no reduction.

More deal points: Max salaries: only 1 level equal to 30% of cap. Extend and trades: Still allowed. (Good news for Dwight Howard-Chris Paul)

new exception: $2.5M for teams below salary cap to go over the cap. Those teams can't use mid-level or bi-annual exceptions.

Mid-level exception: non-taxpaying teams can use a $5M MLE for up to 4 years. Taxpaying teams have a $3M mid-level for up to 4 years.

Teams now have three days to match offer sheets given to their own restricted free agents.

Minimum team salary increases to 85% in first two years of deal and 90% in years thereafter.

Teams still waiting to hear when they'll be allowed to open doors of practice facilities to players. Likely once deal is ratified.

As one GM says on opening facility doors: "I can't see how they would allow you to start contacting players without a full agreement."

For those asking, items previously negotiated, such as amnesty and stretch, are still in deal. Details coming out today is new stuff.

Amnesty clause is in deal, just matter of form it takes. Last proposal allowed teams to use it on a current contract at anytime during CBA.

According to tentative agreement, extend and trades are for 3 seasons

According to tentative agreement, max contracts 4 plyrs w/ < 6 yrs service are 25% of cap (30% if certain criteria met)

According to tentative agreement, $3M mid-level exception can be used for contracts up to 3 years

Remember: Two-year grace period before harsher luxury tax kicks in. Huge for Dallas and Lakers. Boston, too

Heat told Mike Miller through "back-channels" that he was going to be waived using the amnesty

Just some Twitter stuff I saw.

Is the regular season still gonna end in mid-April? Or will it be pushed back like it was in '99?

^ needs to happen anyways..

unfortunately it's an olympic year.. of all the years they pick to extend it

Originally Posted by PMatic

So with majority of people expecting the Blazers to amnesty Roy where does he go?
I hope the Lakers can sign him. Roy could be a combo guard off the bench or even starter next to Kobe. He could be the Ron Harper to Kobe's Michael Jordan in a sense.
Originally Posted by bhzmafia14

So, if someone gets cut like Brandon Roy, a team can pick him up for any price? 
Yep.

Brandon Roy on the Lakers 
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom