☆☆ 2012 NBA Finals ☆☆ The King has been crowned; Heat win 2012 NBA Finals! Bron Finals MVP.

45026_122053337846668_113392775379391_137029_3851893_n.jpg

Jeremy%2BLin%2Byfvm25bhyQpm.jpg

nuff said
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Bean Pie Slanga

Each team has one amnesty clause to use on a player currently under contract. The players’ salary will be removed from the team’s cap.

Example: Brandon Roy

bye bye steve blake!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't think the Thunder will use their amnesty, we don't really have any bad contracts. Maybe we'll use it just to get rid of BJ Mullens or ideally we wait to see if someone else waives someone we can use then we make that move.

They are completely redoing the schedule right? Or same schedule that came out before the season just starting from Christmas? I ask because some people have already purchased tickets to this season, single games.

Y'all know my cynical, superstitious self; I'm not even gonna THINK about posting about a new season until it has started.
laugh.gif

But to answer the question right above me, if the season does start, I'm sure it would be w/ a new schedule, one that they are presumably working on right now.

They're likely going to keep the Christmas day games and completely re-do the rest of the schedule.

I think it works out to playing your divisional opponents four times and the rest of the teams in the league twice.

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

Y'all know my cynical, superstitious self; I'm not even gonna THINK about posting about a new season until it has started.
laugh.gif

But to answer the question right above me, if the season does start, I'm sure it would be w/ a new schedule, one that they are presumably working on right now.

It's something I was thinking about ealier when I found out about "B issues." They agreed in principle to the major framework points of a deal, then the B issues were to be discussed at a later time. What if they got gridlocked again over B issues?

I like way too many teams and players.

My heart is in Orlando though.

I am so happy its back. I'll start playing more often too, after watching a game I get so hyped to play.

Schedule update:
@HowardBeckNYT On the compressed season: It will run Dec. 25-April 26. Teams will avg 3.9 games/week, up from usual 3.5/week. About 2 extra games per month
@HowardBeckNYT Every team will play at least one back-to-back-to-back set (i.e. 3 straight nights), and up to 3 back-to-back-to-back sets during season.
@HowardBeckNYT Teams will play 48 games in-conference (4 fewer than usual) and 18 games out-of-conference. Thus, not all teams will visit all cities.
@HowardBeckNYT Also, every second-round playoff series will have at least one back-to-back set, to shorten the playoff time frame.
Awful.
sick.gif

Yikes at the schedule.

And I understand people's concern about the B issues possibly holding up the CBA agreement being finalized but it would be the epitome of stupidity for players and owners to let B issues hold up this deal now, after they drew everyone back in this weekend.

are those times eastern or pacific?

Miami vs Dallas shouldve been the last/main game instead of Lakers vs Bulls. If it were up to me I wouldve gone with Lakers vs Miami again.

Back to backs don't scare me so much, obviously the Thunder are a very young team. In fact, KD, Russ, and James all did that multiple times this summer, even with a Miami on Friday and LA on Saturday night when they played in the South Florida Classic game then the Drew League the next day.

I just wish they had kept the schedule 4 times against division, 2 against everyone else because we are in a terrible division and could end up with the best record in the league. You'd think we're grouped with the Dallas (3 hr drive), Spurs (6hr), but no they got us NorthEast with Utah, Portland, Minnesota, Denver).

I guess this year every team's Scalibrini's, Eric Maynor's, Ian Mahimmi's, Johan Petro's, DJ Benga's, Jeremy Lin's, Mateen Cleaves's (I kid), types are going to be more important than ever.

On that Christmas triple header, where are the games? I'd assume from the pictures, in New York, in Dallas, in LA. The whole @ versus vs thing, used to be used consistently in a way that made sense (if you were @ at a team, then you are literally at their arena- versus a team means they are in your building- just like your road jersey has the city on it, home only has team name), but people usually just use them interchangeably now

It's playoff rematches, contentious matchups in fact, except for the Lakers Bulls. That's the game that makes little sense. Two big markets, so I guess you want to include them, but I would have either said Lakers vs Mavericks (extra salt bringing the winners into the other team's building) then and given you like a Grizzlies vs Thunder. Well I guess the Mavericks have to get their rings though and we'll get to see if Cuban followed through on his "something else too" promised he brainstormed about out loud where it was sounding like he was thinking cars or something for every player but couldn't figure out how it would be legal and not a cap violation.

Actually Ima change my stance..

Id actually would rather see Miami vs Dallas now, for the simple fact its the ring ceremony. Totally forgot about that.

Id like to see them get their rings in front of the Heat.
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom