☆☆ 2012 NBA Finals ☆☆ The King has been crowned; Heat win 2012 NBA Finals! Bron Finals MVP.

This explosion from Laker fans in here is awesome. It's like Christmas-lite for me right now.

And these .gifs are killing me
roll.gif
roll.gif

I have nothing to back this up except for optimism, but I think CP will still end up in LA. I just don't see how the NBA can turn on fantasy basketball rules and veto a trade simply because they don't think it's fair. Didn't the Lakers give up their strongest asset in front court strength to make this trade happen? And wasn't the Hornet's GM the one who chose LA over Boston and the other teams? What the ****.

KevinDing KEVIN DING
Lakers were not even told by NBA how they could change the trade to make it palatable for the league office.

KevinDing KEVIN DING
Lakers GM Mitch Kupchak described to me by source as "angry and mystified" by NBA. All league told Lakers was no. No explanation.

indifferent.gif
Stern = certified assclown.

laugh.gif
Lakers did give up a decent haul for CP3, in my opinion. However, the Hornets could do much better in terms of what they get- I mean, they don't even get the 2nd best player in the deal (Gasol) back.

In either way, Stern (and small market owners) do not want superstars to be able to choose their teams. I think while this pisses off 70% of the NBA fanbase, it's a good thing. Look at the NFL- that is a perfect example of how it should be done.

i dont even know why the lakers are trading for cp3... i honestly think they are giving up too much... they are giving up their height and depth for 1 player and that was their advantage on the whole league... you can say the knicks gave up a lot for melo but if you compare those traded knicks players to odom and gasol and its almost laughable.... besides being an all star and having a younger player i dont see how this makes sense for the lakers...

How can any trade stand after this? It sets a horrible precedent. Paul can't be traded now.

the NBA just ruined their image even more

Honestly, I don't even believe it has to really do with CP3 going to a "big" market.  I think if there was no possiblity of Dwight being able to go to the Lakers, CP3 would be a Laker right now.  I believe the league, owners, etc. see the writings on the wall.  The Lakers didn't have to give up their ONLY trade bait that Orlando wanted, in Dwight, and acquired CP3.  I'm pretty sure they could've worked out another "3 team trade" in where they trade Bynum and get Dwight.

I'm trying to figure out why the league even let it get this far (tentative agreement) in the first place. PR nightmare to the nth degree.

Stern kills Lakers’ deal for Paul

NBA commissioner David Stern killed the New Orleans Hornets’ trade of Chris Paul after several owners complained about the league-owned team dealing the All-Star point guard to the Los Angeles Lakers, league sources told Yahoo! Sports.

Some owners pushed Stern to nullify the trade and that the Hornets be made to keep Paul on the roster for the foreseeable future, sources said. A chorus of owners were irate with the belief that the five-month lockout had happened largely to stop big-market teams from leveraging small-market teams for star players pending free agency.

The trade between the Lakers, Hornets and Houston Rockets had been consummated late Thursday afternoon, about the same time the league’s owners and players were completing their vote to ratify the new collective bargaining agreement – an agreement that Stern had repeatedly said would help restore the NBA’s competitive balance. League owners had watched last season as some of the game’s biggest stars left for larger markets. LeBron James and Chris Bosh joined Dwyane Wade and the Miami Heat, and Carmelo Anthony forced the Denver Nuggets to trade him to the New York Knicks.

“The owners half-pushed this, and Stern took it the rest of the way,â€

Shocked...This veto by Stern is worse than the lockout IMO...Wow smh

Still think CP3 ends up in LA along with D12 though.

Originally Posted by PMatic

Stern kills Lakers’ deal for Paul

NBA commissioner David Stern killed the New Orleans Hornets’ trade of Chris Paul after several owners complained about the league-owned team dealing the All-Star point guard to the Los Angeles Lakers, league sources told Yahoo! Sports.

Some owners pushed Stern to nullify the trade and that the Hornets be made to keep Paul on the roster for the foreseeable future, sources said. A chorus of owners were irate with the belief that the five-month lockout had happened largely to stop big-market teams from leveraging small-market teams for star players pending free agency.

The trade between the Lakers, Hornets and Houston Rockets had been consummated late Thursday afternoon, about the same time the league’s owners and players were completing their vote to ratify the new collective bargaining agreement – an agreement that Stern had repeatedly said would help restore the NBA’s competitive balance. League owners had watched last season as some of the game’s biggest stars left for larger markets. LeBron James and Chris Bosh joined Dwyane Wade and the Miami Heat, and Carmelo Anthony forced the Denver Nuggets to trade him to the New York Knicks.

“The owners half-pushed this, and Stern took it the rest of the way,â€

Originally Posted by kash55

Chris Paul exploring legal options w/NBPA director Billy Hunter to fight blocked deal. Word is they might take legal action.

Posturing.

Originally Posted by you go boy

i dont even know why the lakers are trading for cp3... i honestly think they are giving up too much... they are giving up their height and depth for 1 player and that was their advantage on the whole league... you can say the knicks gave up a lot for melo but if you compare those traded knicks players to odom and gasol and its almost laughable.... besides being an all star and having a younger player i dont see how this makes sense for the lakers...
Because they were going to form the super teams of super teams by trading Bynum and getting the # 1 Center and # 1 PG in the league.  I honestly think that's what it's REALLY about. 

and there was never an indication Demps didn’t have the power to make a deal. In fact, several teams negotiating with New Orleans to get Paul asked the league office, and were told Demps had full authority to execute a trade.
[font='Lucida Grande', 'Trebuchet MS', Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]
[/font]“We were all told by the league he was a trade-able player, and now they’re saying that Dell doesn’t have the authority to make the trade?â€

"Chris Paul is leaving New Orleans in 66 games. He’s gone. And what’s Dell Demps, and that franchise, going to have to show for it"
Exactly. **@! makes 0 sense.

Originally Posted by aepps20

This smells like collusion to me.
That's exactly what it is.

Like I said in here...I'm not a Laker fan but I wish this would've occurred with a team the majority of the country didn't have a strong like/dislike for. After all the bull *+$# we read from the owners' side these past few months, a lot of y'all are letting *+$# slide and feelings have taken over logic and it's funny and sad at the same time.
WojYahooNBA Adrian Wojnarowski
To listen to the GM's, coaches, players, agents reaching out to me tonight: I think the NBA has changed forever with Stern's act tonight.

The union should absolutely get involved.
Originally Posted by aepps20

As a fan of the NBA and fairness this mess is wrong on so many levels. My issue with this is why would the NBA even allow Demps to orchestrate a trade only to deny permission at the last minute? You would have to think Stern knew about the offers beforehand.
That's what gets me about all this. If the NBA would have laid their parameters from the beginning (before teams could negotiate transactions) to Demps it would've at least came across as more legitimate. That "basketball reasons" excuse is hogwash...as much as they'd like you to believe, this has nothing to do with the good of the Hornets franchise. It's simply their way of giving the players a big +!%% YOU after the labor mess and these crying #!! owners are no better than the players plotting these "super teams" *+$#. I better not see any of you **+%$% supporting this nonsense ragging on the Heat.
eyes.gif

sheridanhoops Chris Sheridan
I'm told there is a school of thought in informed circles that Stern vetoed C.Paul trade because a D.Howard-to-LA trade was coming up next.

Awful.
30t6p3b.gif
"Basketball reasons" though.
Originally Posted by 5am6oody72

KevinDing KEVIN DING
Lakers were not even told by NBA how they could change the trade to make it palatable for the league office.
KevinDing KEVIN DING
Lakers GM Mitch Kupchak described to me by source as "angry and mystified" by NBA. All league told Lakers was no. No explanation.

Originally Posted by OneTrust

Originally Posted by you go boy

Because they were going to form the super teams of super teams by trading Bynum and getting the # 1 Center and # 1 PG in the league.  I honestly think that's what it's REALLY about. 
How in the world could LA get Dwight simply by giving up Bynum? After this CP3 trade, they would have no pieces to get Dwight. 

Back
Top Bottom