☆☆ 2012 NBA Finals ☆☆ The King has been crowned; Heat win 2012 NBA Finals! Bron Finals MVP.

Chaosss in the NBA
eek.gif

Scumbag Dan Gilbert.
laugh.gif

30t6p3b.gif

And I agree with you Moody why let this trade get that far only to cancel it?

They played a soundbite of Lamar Odom's interview with Screamin' A on Sportscenter, dude sounded on the verge of tears.

Bad situation Stern caused with all this.

smh

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=ys-nba_dan_gilbert_email_lakers_hornets_trade_120811
Yahoo! Sports recently released a letter that was apparently written by Cleveland Cavaliers owner Dan Gilbert and directed at David Stern urging the commissioner to block the trade that would send Chris Paul to the Lakers.

Here is the complete letter:
DanGilbert-300x225.jpg

Commissioner,

It would be a travesty to allow the Lakers to acquire Chris Paul in the apparent trade being discussed.

This trade should go to a vote of the 29 owners of the Hornets.

Over the next three seasons this deal would save the Lakers approximately $20 million in salaries and approximately $21 million in luxury taxes. That $21 million goes to non-taxpaying teams and to fund revenue sharing.

I cannot remember ever seeing a trade where a team got by far the best player in the trade and saved over $40 million in the process. And it doesn’t appear that they would give up any draft picks, which might allow to later make a trade for Dwight Howard. (They would also get a large trade exception that would help them improve their team and/or eventually trade for Howard.) When the Lakers got Pau Gasol (at the time considered an extremely lopsided trade) they took on tens of millions in additional salary and luxury tax and they gave up a number of prospects (one in Marc Gasol who may become a max-salary player).

I just don’t see how we can allow this trade to happen.

I know the vast majority of owners feel the same way that I do.

When will we just change the name of 25 of the 30 teams to the Washington Generals?

Please advise….

Dan G.

Dell Demps needed to resign straight up...
Look I have got to think that he would get a job anywhere he wanted with this deal.
The NBA owners are being ******ed about the whole thing.
The same damn day they get to 10000 season tickets they ( Mark Cuban start *****ing about money?)
These guys... Man.. You say they cant tank because of the finanical situation, and long term viability. I get that, so you put Demps in a position to have to get a player oriented hull, vs a pick oriented hull. He knew damn well he wasnt gone get Deandre Jordan Eric Gordon and Minnesota's pick next year. Steph Curry is out the question cause they are going to make an Ellis deal for Iggy sooner or later. Demps goes out and makes the best player oriented deal he could possibly make, he plucks 2 solid PF's a PG with talent, and a 23 ppg scorer out the deal.
Yeah I said its 2 number 3's and great role player with no clue on Dragic. But even with Paul they wont make the playoffs this year imo. So why?
Why not say to the Lakers they need to take on Emeka's contract?

I got to think 10000 season tickets keeps them in NO for another year after this one safely even with Paul being gone so why?
Why not tank with that many packages sold? Build a young exciting team, and then get younger. Take the contracts and hope Demps can turn them into picks. Look you might get 2 years in NO if you keep Paul, but you could get 10-15 with with the pick hull, and a solid 5 with the player hull, baring changes.

Competive balance?
What these small market owners fail to understand is that Melo, Bosh (not a small market but not America) Bron, Paul , Howard ( in a legit small market) all signed extentions. They ALL did, now after the GM's got incompetant, and didnt draft as well they wanted out.

Originally Posted by abovelegit1

Stern clearly lost his touch long ago. He needs to step back and take a good look at the current chaotic state of the multi-billion dollar business he is in charge of, and the embarrassingly clumsy way he has run it in the last few years for it to get to this point.

This will not end well. The ink on the new CBA isn't dry yet and the league is already in turmoil; three devastated teams, furious players/owners, and questions abound regarding his leadership. Not to mention the enraged phone call he's soon to receive (if he hasn't already) from the league's most powerful owner.
I don't think you know what You talking about.  If that was the case, the lockout would have never happened or even lasted that long. Dolan, Cuban, Arison, Buss wanted no parts of the lock-out  since they were all good with the way things were going.  It was Owners like Gilbert, Jordan, and the other small markets who were running shots.  As stated in the e-mail it's 25 versus 5.  These small team owners don't care if there is no season, so they will dig in and make sure that this trade doesn't go through.  How will they look if this lockout was all about fairness, and have within a span of 48hrs the Lakers landing both Paul and Howard from small market team?  This will sound bad, but it's the truth - these rich white, mostly white owners don't want to help making demands.

Would be stunned if Dwight actually wants to be a Net. But whoa, what a twist that would be.

Nene would be the perfect compliment to Kevin Love.

Reality sets in, though.

Long-term implications of this trend of players going to cities X,Y,and Z? Would anybody want to own a team outside of those places? Team values?The league is in such a difficult state right now. Can someone point me to reading on these issues and more?

i hope someone snuffs dan gilbert, preferably in front of his wife and kids. that would be a good look for the nba.

Originally Posted by stopcappin

Chris_Broussard Chris Broussard
Nets have emerged as No. 1 choice for Dwight Howard, multiple sources say. D12 is expected to ask Magic to trade him to NJ.

790352e345006a66aed749dee7f2a5e4bdcec54.gif

Not getting my hopes up after what happened today though
nerd.gif
roll.gif

Nets have emerged as No. 1 choice for Dwight Howard, multiple sources say. D12 is expected to ask Magic to trade him to NJ.

But isn't D Will leaving at the end of the year?

ESPN saying Dwight Howard wants to be traded to the Nets.
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by Mr Jordan04

Not necessarily.

He can make more money by opting out of his deal which he intends to do.

Originally Posted by Mr Jordan04

No.....not if the talent is added around him. He'll get more money if he signs a new contract next year as apposed to extending this year. It's in his pockets best interest to wait.

Originally Posted by AIRJORDAN JB23

Nets offereing Lopez & 2 first round picks
nerd.gif

I'm a Magic fan, and think that trade is absurd. Somebody tell me why that is a good trade for Orlando?

Originally Posted by franchise3

Rockets were giving up a lot no doubt, but with the trade they felt they had a great shot at getting Nene And retaining Chuck Hayes because of the cap room it would have cleared up (aftet amnestying Thabeet) Now, who knows.

Pau, Nene and Hayes 
sick.gif
 That would've been nice.

Originally Posted by JPZx

Of course Deron will stay in light of the news Dwight wants to be traded there.

Oh and...

https://twitter.com/#!/sam_amick
sam_amickSam Amick

Rumblings out of New Orleans that Hornets camp might resemble a D-League practice tomorrow. @CP3 not expected to show, possibly others.
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Forgot. My mistake. Carry on. RT @jaydinosaurs @sam_amick@CP3 it IS a D-League camp even if CP3 is the only one that doesn't show.
LOLOL

Back
Top Bottom