☆☆ 2012 NBA Finals ☆☆ The King has been crowned; Heat win 2012 NBA Finals! Bron Finals MVP.

Originally Posted by jay zoe2

Originally Posted by abovelegit1

Stern clearly lost his touch long ago. He needs to step back and take a good look at the current chaotic state of the multi-billion dollar business he is in charge of, and the embarrassingly clumsy way he has run it in the last few years for it to get to this point.

This will not end well. The ink on the new CBA isn't dry yet and the league is already in turmoil; three devastated teams, furious players/owners, and questions abound regarding his leadership. Not to mention the enraged phone call he's soon to receive (if he hasn't already) from the league's most powerful owner.
I don't think you know what You talking about.  If that was the case, the lockout would have never happened or even lasted that long. Dolan, Cuban, Arison, Buss wanted no parts of the lock-out  since they were all good with the way things were going.  It was Owners like Gilbert, Jordan, and the other small markets who were running shots.  As stated in the e-mail it's 25 versus 5.  These small team owners don't care if there is no season, so they will dig in and make sure that this trade doesn't go through.  How will they look if this lockout was all about fairness, and have within a span of 48hrs the Lakers landing both Paul and Howard from small market team?  This will sound bad, but it's the truth - these rich white, mostly white owners don't want to help making demands.
Uh, what? I wasn't taking one side or the other. Just said Stern has run this league poorly in the past few years, and now the league is in an uproar because of it. And I'm well aware of what happened during the lockout. Regardless, Stern just royally pissed off the owner whose franchise is the biggest source of money for revenue sharing and the league. 

This is all crazy with new developments and Dan Gilbert
30t6p3b.gif
. Tomorrow should be more interesting. Christmas can't come soon enough. I just want to watch basketball.
tired.gif

LOL at this clown Anmial Thug... CLOWN

They were getting right back into the tax Dan with Dwight....
And another layer. Most everyone said that the team was worse with Paul than they were. Hollinger projected losses in wins, everyone said this trade does NOT make them better. Best player in deal dont mean much when your worse off. Losing tax money? A you were not really going to lose the money, and B the Lakers are giving up about 50 million this year, MSG is giving up at least 30, Reinsdorph is giving 20 in revenue sharing to the collection of sorry *+* teams including your Cleveland Cavs. ( I give credit for rebuilding through the draft) Getting another 2-3 doesnt help you much at all. When are you going to see that you cannot make a profit if you dont draw, and market? What happens if a team shares 20 million and other teams end up with more profit? You dont think the guys who spear head the money arent going to be pissed?

Originally Posted by AIRJORDAN JB23

Originally Posted by stopcappin

Chris_Broussard Chris Broussard
Nets have emerged as No. 1 choice for Dwight Howard, multiple sources say. D12 is expected to ask Magic to trade him to NJ.

790352e345006a66aed749dee7f2a5e4bdcec54.gif

Not getting my hopes up after what happened today though
nerd.gif
roll.gif
I actually want this to happen now. Hopefully, as quickly as possible.

Dan Gilbert is going to do the impossible and get people to support and cheer for LeBron again.

Will stern block the nets-magic trade as well? 
eyes.gif

what a joke this league is
IS THERE REALLY A DOUBT THE DRAFT LOTTERY IS NOT RIGGED NOW?
grin.gif
indifferent.gif

NBA is a joke.. and i hate the lakers (hate might be a strong word.. strong dislike might be a little better)

very very sad day.. and dan you still salty i see

this looking like a fantasy league where owners can vote on trades and shutdown a trade just cause they scared

David Stern acting like he's picking teams for recess and wants to keep the competitive balance. This is a professional league with people making millions of dollars to run these teams. Let them live with the decisions they make.

I'm a big Lakers fan, and I think trading away all of our size for CP3 is a very very risky move that probably wouldnt have paid off. But it shouldnt be up to Stern, and it just adds to all the skepticism thats around the league as is. NBA is in need of a new commissioner and a serious facelift.

Giving the news about Dwight wanting to go the Nets, the vetoing of the CP3 trade might be a blessing in disguise for the Lakers.

Sooooo did the trade get vetoed because of the possibility of Dwight joining them
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

If so then that is stupid.

I really hope there is a bunch written about this with a long-term view in mind. This is an action with immense repercussions. CP, how do you feel about small markets now? The divide matters now more than ever.

So if Dwight Howard gets traded can we scrap the Magic as the Thunder's opponent on Christmas? The Magic are going to be so terrible if Dwight is traded for Lopez or Bynum and some trade exceptions. That's a random *!! game anyway, I don't know what they were thinking with that. They should have put the Grizzlies vs Thunder.

Originally Posted by toine2983

Giving the news about Dwight wanting to go the Nets, the vetoing of the CP3 trade might be a blessing in disguise for the Lakers.
I think it is more a result of what didn't go down with the Lakers and CP3, I'm sure a Kobe/CP3 duo would be way more attractive to D12 than the mess that is out in LA right now.

Originally Posted by PMatic

As one rival executive with strong ties to the league office said, “Stern cared about two things: Selling that franchise for the best possible price; and showing the players that they weren’t going to dictate where teams could trade them. But now, there’s no way that the league can allow Chris Paul to be traded at all, otherwise Stern is basically deciding where one of the top players in the league is going versus having any fair process.â€

Originally Posted by rck2sactown

Sooooo did the trade get vetoed because of the possibility of Dwight joining them
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

Its starting to sound a lot like that. I guess the small market owners were scared that the whole reason they started the lockout was for "competitive balance." Then the day they ratify, word of a CP3 to LA trade surfaced and they freak. Something they were trying to stop is going to happen with CP3 going to LA, and that might have gotten Dwight to demand a trade to LA as well. Either way everything that has happened is #%$%!%%#.  

first the cp3 trade vetoed and now dwight looking at new jersey ..... damn, the heat must be loving this

Originally Posted by gangsta207therevolution

LOL at this clown Anmial Thug... CLOWN

They were getting right back into the tax Dan with Dwight....
And another layer. Most everyone said that the team was worse with Paul than they were. Hollinger projected losses in wins, everyone said this trade does NOT make them better. Best player in deal dont mean much when your worse off. Losing tax money? A you were not really going to lose the money, and B the Lakers are giving up about 50 million this year, MSG is giving up at least 30, Reinsdorph is giving 20 in revenue sharing to the collection of sorry *+* teams including your Cleveland Cavs. ( I give credit for rebuilding through the draft) Getting another 2-3 doesnt help you much at all. When are you going to see that you cannot make a profit if you dont draw, and market? What happens if a team shares 20 million and other teams end up with more profit? You dont think the guys who spear head the money arent going to be pissed?

a44rok.jpg

you'll never get a true response from me coming at me like that.

COME AT ME REAL BRO.

Originally Posted by rck2sactown

nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

Nah. The Hornets (owned by the 29 other owners) were increasing their payroll and the Lakers were slashing their luxury tax obligations, which really hurts the owners.

I'd imagine they'll tweak the trade so that LA gets Okafor/Ariza (so the deal won't increase their payroll) and force Stern's hand.

If he kills that deal then....
30t6p3b.gif

Back
Top Bottom