☆☆ 2012 NBA Finals ☆☆ The King has been crowned; Heat win 2012 NBA Finals! Bron Finals MVP.

Bill Simmons went in on Stern...

I hope Chris Paul sues. I hope the Rockets sue. I hope the Lakers sue. I hope Dell Demps resigns and makes a sex tape with a stripper wearing a David Stern Halloween mask.

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/7334835/the-sixth-day-nba-christmas

laugh.gif

I think the Paul deal is going to go thru.  The league is getting SHREDDED for this, and nobody has even begun to look at N.O. is going to lose Paul in 7 months for nothing anyways, and it would because of the NBA.  That can't happen.  Stern is gonna have no choice but to reverse it, cuz if he lets them trade Paul elsewhere, imagine that backlash. 

All in all, just poorly handled by Stern.  Statis will come in now and defend Stern to his dying breath, that'll be nice. 
eyes.gif

Stern will be gone by the end of 2012.  I don't see how he stays in the game much longer. 

Originally Posted by Seymore CAKE

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

Odom not going to show up? God damn dude is soft

the @$%+ you mean he's soft?  They traded him only for the NBA to reverse it why in the hell would he want to come there after they just told the world he isn't wanted?
laugh.gif
tyson chandler did when the trade to okc didnt go through.
its happend before. odom needs to grow a pair and quit being emo

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Originally Posted by nightruans

Damn. RT @Chris_Broussard: Sources say Brandon Roy to announce medical retirement due to degenerative knees, possibly as soon as today
So sad...

wish Blatche would retire because of his degenerative heart. 

243848.jpg
roll.gif
roll.gif

Spoiler [+]
B Roy
frown.gif
. That was my boy.

Originally Posted by morningstar7777

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

Odom not going to show up? God damn dude is soft

How is he soft, he basically got fired, and then they told him to forget it, come back to work tomorrow....how would you feel?
laugh.gif

see my above reply.... its happend before. this dude IS soft on some mo williams tip

I need this to go on just long enough for Dwight to go elsewhere
laugh.gif
Yeah, this. I think you speak on the behalf of every NBA fan base outside of LA. 

All this stuff about the whole deal killing/veto, whatever you want to call it, really makes the league seem even more rigged than it was before. Poor handling indeed... The only way I see this being corrected is if the teams are offered a deal that would rectify whatever concerns the league had with the deal or allow the deal to go through as is. This NBA season is already a great PR case study, sheesh.

Originally Posted by Mamba MVP

Sad to hear about B. Roy, Portland is the most cursed franchise in the league.

LOL @ ORL getting bent over in that deal...A C who can't even grab 7 reb a game for the best big man in the league

i agree.... one of the most lopsided trades in sometime... brook lopez is not better than andrew bynum. i dont care if bynum plays half the season. that !!!!+ would prolly get more rebounds than brook in half the games. 
also those 2 first rounders will be in the late first round. new jersey will not suck with dwight and deron there...

Originally Posted by Cyber Smoke

Originally Posted by CJ003

Its amazing that people still dont realize that this trade was blocked BECAUSE THE LEAGUE (WHICH IS COMPRISED OF THE OTHER OWNERS) OWNS THE HORNETS. Therefore they had the right to stop a deal, their reasoning really doesnt matter. People still asking STILL wondering why Stern didnt block the Gasol/Kwame trade: BECAUSE THE LEAGUE DIDNT OWN THE LAKERS OR MEMPHIS. If the Hornets had an owner Paul would be on the Lakers.

for the love of God, people need to read this and realize what it means. the ONLY team that this can happen with right now is the hornets. the owners can't stop any other trades if they do not involve the hornets at all.

chadfordinsider Chad Ford
If Roy gets medical retirement, but then comes back and plays in at least 10 games in a season, his contract goes back on Blazers' books.
32 minutes ago

Originally Posted by WILLINC

If they killed the CP3 deal. One would think they would have to kill any d12 deal to NJ.

Since D12 is clearly dictating where he wants to go right ?

laugh.gif
 only thing is that new jersey aint the lakers so its ok. nba is some dirty hypocrites smh

Originally Posted by Al3xis

laugh.gif
Yeah, this. I think you speak on the behalf of every NBA fan base outside of LA. 

Mmmhmmm just long enough for him to really get a Tony Toni Tone "It Feels Good" about Jersey/BK
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by NobleKane

Originally Posted by Mamba MVP

Sad to hear about B. Roy, Portland is the most cursed franchise in the league.

LOL @ ORL getting bent over in that deal...A C who can't even grab 7 reb a game for the best big man in the league

i agree.... one of the most lopsided trades in sometime... brook lopez is not better than andrew bynum. i dont care if bynum plays half the season. that !!!!+ would prolly get more rebounds than brook in half the games. 
also those 2 first rounders will be in the late first round. new jersey will not suck with dwight and deron there...
Bynum is always injured, like literally every single season, Brook Lopez has upside, he is young, it's not but a year ago that half the league was on his nuts. Brook Lopez's firs year in the league he put up solid REB%, there is no reason he can't back to that again. When I trade a superstar, I just want young cheap assets with upsides. I wan't nothing to do with veterans who will be surly and disruptive. I'd rather have Steph curry+ cap filler or Rondo+ cap filler than what the hornets got.

Stern doesn't want players to dictate where they go, but he is essentially dictating where they can't go. What's the difference?

And I understand the NO is owned by the NBA and collective by the owners, but as acting as owners, they are suppose to act in the best interest of the franchise and not the other 29 franchises. So what does it matter if this trade negatively affect other teams. Since when did a trade have to benefit or be neutral to other teams? What's the point of making a trade then?

Originally Posted by Al3xis

laugh.gif

There is another trade on the table after Paul bringing a PF in to play next to Bynum.  I have no idea who though, but have seen and heard it alluded too multiple times.  David West?  But that's not a trade, so somebody else.  Anyone have any hints out there? 
nerd.gif

Also if Howard can get to NJ, Stern will allow this to go through, it's the possible Dwight, Paul on the lakers that was pissing people off... 

Originally Posted by Osh Kosh Bosh

Also if Howard can get to NJ, Stern will allow this to go through, it's the possible Dwight, Paul on the lakers that was pissing people off... 

Stern trynna make sure Bron gets his ring
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by Osh Kosh Bosh

Thats my exact thought process... they may just be stalling as a way to push Dwight to Jersey. If so I can dig it.

Originally Posted by ColdCity

chadfordinsider Chad Ford
If Roy gets medical retirement, but then comes back and plays in at least 10 games in a season, his contract goes back on Blazers' books.
32 minutes ago

Interesting...

Back
Top Bottom