☆☆ 2012 NBA Finals ☆☆ The King has been crowned; Heat win 2012 NBA Finals! Bron Finals MVP.

meh ill believe it once its on NBA.com

Stern has pretty much ruined all these rumors for me since hes in the habit of vetoing trades, SMH

CP3-Gordon-Butler-Griffin-Jordan?

Sweet jesus. Gimme that over any of these "super teams".

Originally Posted by Zyzz

meh ill believe it once its on NBA.com

Stern has pretty much ruined all these rumors for me since hes in the habit of vetoing trades, SMH

I keep telling myself this to avoid getting excited before it happens, but I have a hard time believing Stern is going to kill two trades and then end up getting sued by Paul/NBPA.

I try to tell myself to ignore trade rumors and news until it's official... I see Paul to the Clippers.
I really like it for New Orleans. You get Minny's pick and your team will likely suck as well. 2 top picks in next year's draft? Very nice.

Originally Posted by Addict4Sneakers

Originally Posted by P MAC ONE

[h1][/h1]
[h1]Clippers are close to deal for Chris Paul with Hornets[/h1] [h2]The Clippers would send center Chris Kaman, guard Eric Bledsoe, forward Al-Farouq Aminu and the No. 1 draft pick to get the All-Star point guard, in deal said to be in the closing stages of talks.[/h2]
[table][tr][td]
66710633.jpg

Hornets point guard Chris Paul takes a break during the first day of training camp Friday at the Alario Center. (Derick E. Hingle / US Presswire / December 9, 2011)
[/td][/tr][/table]

By Broderick Turner
December 11, 2011, 11:10 p.m.

The Clippers and the New Orleans Hornets were working vigorously Sunday night to consummate a blockbuster deal that would send All-Star point guard Chris Paul to Los Angeles to play for the Lakers' cross-town rivals, said two people with knowledge of the situation who were not authorized to speak on the matter.

The deal hasn't been completed, but both sides were in the closing stages of the negotiations.

The Clippers would send the Hornets center Chris Kaman, backup second-year guard Eric Bledsoe, second-year forward Al-Farouq Aminu and the No. 1 draft pick they got from the Minnesota Timberwolves that is unprotected in the 2012 draft, considered to be one of the best in recent years.

Clippers owner Donald Sterling and the NBA have to sign off on the deal.

A package from the Lakers for Paul was turned down by the league.

The NBA will probably review the Clippers deal Monday.

What may actually help the Clippers get the deal done are the young players involved and a potential top-flight draft pick.

When the Clippers and Hornets talked about a deal involving Paul last week, New Orleans had expressed interest in Eric Gordon. However, the Clippers didn't want to part with the 6-foot-3 guard who turns 23 on Christmas Day, because they consider him one of the NBA's top-five shooting guards.

He is not part of the deal that is currently being discussed.

Bledsoe just turned 22, but he will be out until late January recovering from surgery to repair torn cartilage in his right knee.

Aminu is 21 and Kaman is 29, but he's also in the final year of a contract that pays him $12.7 million, which makes him appealing.

The Clippers are aware that Paul, who will earn $16 million this season, can opt out of his contract this summer that pays him $17 million for the 2012-13 season.

The Clippers would love for Paul to sign an extension with them so they don't have him for just one season. If he doesn't agree to the extension, they hope he will pick up his option for next season.

Paul was involved in a trade to send him to the Lakers for Lamar Odom that involved three teams that was ultimately blocked by the NBA on Thursday.

It was a deal that would have sent Pau Gasol to the Houston Rockets, who in turn would have sent three players and a draft pick to the Hornets.

But the NBA killed that deal Thursday, opening the door for the Clippers to step back in.

Paul had called the NBA players' union and threatened legal action against the league for stopping the deal.

Paul is considered one of the top point guards in the NBA and the idea of putting him together with Clippers All-Star Blake Griffin would be hard for the Clippers to pass up.

Paul has averaged 18.7 points and 9.9 assists a game over his six-year career.

Clippers Coach Vinny Del Negro was asked about Paul earlier Sunday at the team's first of two practice sessions.

Del Negro never mentioned Paul's name and didn't talk about what it might take to get the All-Star guard to the Clippers

"We're always looking to improve our team and if there's an opportunity there, we're going to sit down and we're going to listen," Del Negro said after Sunday's practice. "But I'm pleased with the guys that we have here now. We'll make our adjustments as we see fit. If there are opportunities, we're going to take a look at them."

Jordan offer

The Clippers finally got the offer sheet Sunday afternoon that restricted free-agent center DeAndre Jordan signed with the Golden State Warriors for four years and $43 million.

The Clippers, who plan on matching the offer sheet or risk losing the 6-foot-11 Jordan, have three days to make a decision.

[email protected]

twitter.com/BA_Turner

clippers back
pimp.gif

Back from what?

[h2]The Clippers would send center Chris Kaman, guard Eric Bledsoe, forward Al-Farouq Aminu and the No. 1 draft pick to get the All-Star point guard, in deal said to be in the closing stages of talks.[/h2]
Is a better deal than what Stern shot down? Hmm

That deal is going to get approved. WATCH. They only vetoed the NO/HOU/LA trade to stop the Lakers from getting D12 and CP3 and forming that superteam. 

Originally Posted by JPZx

https://twitter.com/#!/ESPNChrisPalmer
ESPNChrisPalmer chris palmer

Clippers would send Chris Kaman, Eric Bledsoe and Al-Farouq Aminu to Hornets.

Can't believe Eric Gordon's not involved.

Al-Farouq will be a role player at best, Kaman has never been associated with the term "winner", and Bledsoe is a decent player but nothing amazing.

hornets are going to be awful. with that clipps offer they may end up with two very high draft picks in what looks like a very good draft.

that's a win IMO.

I guess they're going the youth route and tanking/rebuilding, but still. That "youth" could still be better quality if they pushed the envelope just a little bit more.

How can ANY team get away with acquiring Chris Paul without giving up their best OR second best player? Blasphemous.

Originally Posted by JPZx

https://twitter.com/#!/ESPNChrisPalmer
ESPNChrisPalmer chris palmer

Clippers would send Chris Kaman, Eric Bledsoe and Al-Farouq Aminu to Hornets.

Can't believe Eric Gordon's not involved.

Al-Farouq will be a role player at best, Kaman has never been associated with the term "winner", and Bledsoe is a decent player but nothing amazing.

He didn't agree to an extension or even to pick up his player option.
It's basically a lotto player, decent 1st-rounder, an expiring and an extra shot at a team changer in 2012.
For a year, maybe 2 to try and convince CP3 to stay.
Watch him force his way across the hall in July though.
laugh.gif

indifferent.gif

i wonder if the owners will speak out against this too, since the clippers are a big market team just like the lakers.

Originally Posted by Zyzz

Originally Posted by Buc Em

Originally Posted by StillAtIt

The Thunder have James Harden. Bulls thought Young would cost too much apparently. Him > Rip IMO. We would've been set for the next couple years.

It's ideas like that that's $%*$*% up with NBA basketball. You'd rather have a guy that only has one thing on his mind (scoring the basketball) and is good at nothing else, rather than an unselfish veteran that's been there before and is going to go out there and make plays off the ball and play defense. Just because Rip has been stuck on a meaningless team for the last two years does not mean that he doesn't have anything left in the tank. Nick Young is the last type of player you want on a tight-knit contending team.
LOL

only thing young has over rip is age. thats it.

Rip is a more complete player and does everything you need to win along with a little defense.

people need to stop underrating Rip, seriously
30t6p3b.gif
Where did I say Rip has nothing left in the tank? He's a great mid range shooter, is amazing moving off the ball, and is a good passer. He cannot create his own shot, his defense has been beyond suspect the last 2 years, and he doesn't shoot the 3 enough to be called an elite 3 point shooter. With all that said, he's a great fit for the Bulls. However, he's 34 in February and the Bulls will be capped out in the immediate future so when his deal is up in 2 seasons we're back looking for another starting SG.
Nick Young was a better mid range and 3 point shooter than Rip last year, moves off the ball well (contrary to popular belief), and can create his own shot, which no one other than D. Rose can do on the Bulls. He's also a vastly better man defender than he gets credit for. Not to mention he's only 26. You all need to stop confusing last season's Nick Young with previous versions.

Shooting: Young. 38.7% on 4.2 3pt attempts vs. 38.2% on 2.6 attempts.

Defense: Young

Passing: Rip

Shot Creation: Young

Who's the better player again? Step your knowledge up.

As for CP3 to the Clippers without them giving up Eric Gordon: 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
out of 5

If that's the deal it takes for the clips to get Paul, I'd be shocked. The unprotected 1st is nice, but Bledsoe and Aminu aren't better than the players they would have gotten in the Laker trade (and this is coming from a Laker hater
laugh.gif
). Sure, they're younger and have upside, but they aren't big-time impact players like Gordon. Without Eric Gordon in the deal it makes no sense.

Funny how when people said the Knicks were CP3's preferred destination, everyone was saying "
laugh.gif
Who cares how good their offense is..Who's playing defense on that squad?" but the Clippers that give up only 4 points less a game get CP3 and it's nothing but
pimp.gif

How much you wanna bet that Clippers team don't make any serious noise this season though? 
And if CP3 doesn't pick up that PO, it just may be lights out if CP3 feels he can't win a chip with that team. 

Hornets always said they value Stephen Curry and that Clippers unprotected 1st rounder the most. With a nice rigged draft by Stern the Hornets could potentially have 2 picks in the top 10 of a loaded draft. If they draft right this team can turn around fast with Paul gone.

Back
Top Bottom