☆☆ 2012 NBA Finals ☆☆ The King has been crowned; Heat win 2012 NBA Finals! Bron Finals MVP.

Originally Posted by bhzmafia14

How much you wanna bet that Clippers team don't make any serious noise this season though? 
And if CP3 doesn't pick up that PO, it just may be lights out if CP3 feels he can't win a chip with that team. 
What you mean by serious noise though. I really don't think they're gonna get to the WCF's or anything, but I think they'll make the playoffs and threaten past the first round. I wouldn't be surprised if they made it to the second round...

How would NO's have two top 10 picks though? Which picks do they own?

Let's be serious..When a team is making moves, they're making moves with the mindset of "Can we beat the Heat in the Finals with this lineup?" and no way in hell CP3/Griffin is better than LeBron/Wade..If you feel that way, you're either a Clippers fan or a Heat hater

I like the team on paper, but who's going to be a role player in that lineup? What will the roles be? Will Gordon just be a spot shooter? Butler with more high post isolation? 
I'm definitely going to be watching just to see the highlights, but I'll have to actually see this team in action before putting them anywhere in the top 4-5 seeds out West.

edit:

ex carrabba fan , serious noise as far as contending goes. 

If they were getting CP3, they shouldn't have went after Butler. Someone like a Prince would've fit better with that team. 

Originally Posted by WhatsLosinLike

That deal is going to get approved. WATCH. They only vetoed the NO/HOU/LA trade to stop the Lakers from getting D12 and CP3 and forming that superteam. 

and if that's their reasoning it's petty and childish and it's a damn shame the lakers have to be made an example of.

i despise the heat, celtics, or mavs  but if they got screwed on making a trade because people were afraid of another trade it's no guarantee they would even be able to make  i would dislike it and think its just as unfair.

if that clippers trade goes through, the rockets and lakers both have a legit gripe with the league owned hornets.

How much you wanna bet that Clippers team don't make any serious noise this season though? 
And if CP3 doesn't sound pick up that PO, it just may be lights out if CP3 feels he can't win a chip with that team. 

Serious? Blake Griffin and CP3 alone make noise.
Chris Paul

Eric Gordon

Caron Butler

Blake Griffin

Deandre Jordan

That lineup doesn't make noise to you? Cmon man.

That unprotected pick belongs to Minnesota by the way. It's definitely a lottery pick. Probably top 5. Clippers trolling the Lakers 
laugh.gif

Bledsoe (cheap and young), Aminu (cheap and young), 2012 Minnesota 1st rounder (One of Davis, Drummond, Lamb, Sullinger, etc..) and Kaman ($12.7 million expiring contract) for at least a year of Chris Paul. And I don't see how he doesn't re-sign with them. Their best players other than him are top 10 at their positions and are 22 and 23. They just signed a do it all SF and are in the process of re-signing young Tyson v2. The Clippers won.

Originally Posted by chillainvillain

Originally Posted by UPPTEMPO8387

Let's be serious..When a team is making moves, they're making moves with the mindset of "Can we beat the Heat in the Finals with this lineup?" and no way in hell CP3/Griffin is better than LeBron/Wade..If you feel that way, you're either a Clippers fan or a Heat hater
CP3 has NEVER IN HIS LIFE had a good team, and look where he's brought them. They were even making noise in last years playoffs with that bum Hornets squad. If CP3 has Griffin, Butler, Gordon, and Jordan on his team.. who knows....
Exactly. They're already better than the Hornets. He makes everyone around him better. This team can sneak into the 2nd and maybe 3rd round if matched up against the right teams.

I'd put them right behind the Thunder and Grizzlies, only because of their bench.

Originally Posted by StillAtIt

And if CP3 doesn't sound pick up that PO, it just may be lights out if CP3 feels he can't win a chip with that team. 

Chris Paul

Eric Gordon

Caron Butler

Blake Griffin

Deandre Jordan

That unprotected pick belongs to Minnesota by the way. It's definitely a lottery pick. Probably top 5. Clippers trolling the Lakers 
laugh.gif
The Knicks look like they could make some noise too back when they had all of those scorers.
Its all about fit. Butler doesn't fit with that squad. You have so much more to factor into a team being a serious contender in this league than just looking at the starting five. What about their defense? Bench play? Maturity of Griffin and Jordan? Who are their big men after Griffin and Jordan?

They do have Paul though and he's capable of making anything happen barring injury. The only thing I really don't like is Butler with that team. Players are going to have to figure out their roles quick.

Bledsoe/Jack 
Belleneli
Ariza/Aminu
Okafor
Kaman

roll.gif
 @ the Hornets

Originally Posted by Ballinsam23

CP3 has NEVER IN HIS LIFE had a good team, and look where he's brought them. They were even making noise in last years playoffs with that bum Hornets squad. If CP3 has Griffin, Butler, Gordon, and Jordan on his team.. who knows....
Exactly. They're already better than the Hornets. He makes everyone around him better. This team can sneak into the 2nd and maybe 3rd round if matched up against the right teams.

I'd put them in the same category as the Thunder and Grizzlies.

Chillllllllllll CP3 on the Clippers does not make them as good as the Thunder..The Thunder's 3 best players aren't even close to their prime..The team we've seen the past few years isn't even close to their full potential. They play decent defense and have one of the most explosive offenses in the league..They have multiple players that can create their own shots..CP3 can create shots for his teammates but no way I pick the Clippers over the Thunder in a playoff series..If the Clips sign another solid player along with CP3, I can see them going far..But with the current roster, they're basically a 6-7th seed

Originally Posted by blackxme

Originally Posted by franchise3

Jesus Christ. The Hornets actually came back with a counter offer late Saturday night wanting Houston to include Lowry and another pick. That wasn't gonna happen and the Lakers backed out soon after. Stupid Stern.

roll.gif

What the hell is wrong with the Hornets?! They are really overestimating the worth of CP3. He's great no doubt but they want a complete squad for the guy.

its not the hornets fault. its sterns fault. because they blocked the first deal they think the offer has to high or it will get blocked again. david stern is a *%@@@

Originally Posted by Ballinsam23

I'd put them in the same category as the Thunder and Grizzlies.

Chillllllllllll CP3 on the Clippers does not make them as good as the Thunder..The Thunder's 3 best players aren't even close to their prime..The team we've seen the past few years isn't even close to their full potential. They play decent defense and have one of the most explosive offenses in the league..They have multiple players that can create their own shots..CP3 can create shots for his teammates but no way I pick the Clippers over the Thunder in a playoff series..If the Clips sign another solid player along with CP3, I can see them going far..But with the current roster, they're basically a 6-7th seed
But CP3 was a 7 seed with that bum roster last year? Now that CP3 has a GOOD roster, I see them as a 2-4 seed.
CP3 still had a top 10-12 PF in West and a defensive center in Okafor. Ariza and Butler is like comparing apples to oranges until I see how well Butler performs post injury. Gordon is the main upgrade in terms of Paul switching teams. 

Foye/Aminu/Bledsoe/Kaman+picks (if they have them) is better than ANYTHING New York could offer.

I assume if the Clippers are pushing for Paul, they'd rather keep Griffin and Gordon to add to that nucleus.

To LAC:
Chris Paul

To NOH:
Chris Kaman
Eric Bledsoe
Al-Farouq Aminu
Multiple first-round picks

Me and CripWalkin called this 10 days ago.
grin.gif
pimp.gif

The biggest obstacle will be if Stern rejects this though.
nerd.gif

Chris Paul

Eric Gordon

Caron Butler

Blake Griffin

Deandre Jordan

laugh.gif
The Knicks look like they could make some noise too back when they had all of those scorers.
Its all about fit. Butler doesn't fit with that squad. You have so much more to factor into a team being a serious contender in this league than just looking at the starting five. What about their defense? Bench play? Maturity of Griffin and Jordan? Who are their big men after Griffin and Jordan?

They do have Paul though and he's capable of making anything happen barring injury. The only thing I really don't like is Butler with that team. Players are going to have to figure out their roles quick.
Peep the edit.
What do you mean? Butler fits perfectly. He plays damn good defense. He can score from the post and mid range. He can hit the 3. Probably not as well as last year, but still. I think you're underrating him a bit.

Defense? Paul, Gordon, and Butler will handle the perimeter better than most teams. Jordan cleans up down low.Their weakest link on D in the starting lineup is Blake.

The bench admittedly needs work. But Mo Williams and Randy Foye off the bench at the guard spots is a decent start. Obviously they need to fill out the roster (backup C most importantly) and replace VDN as head coach. But they have a GREAT core. The rest will come with time. They won't be winning a ship this year, but to say they won't make noise is crazy.

A good point IMO brought up about the shot down trade and this trade:

"The Lakers trade would have made NO an 8th or 9th seed and very solid. (And no high pick)

The Clippers trade means NO will suck big time...they and the T-Wolves will be the worst two teams out west.

Which means next season NO will have two high lottery picks + remove Kaman's huge contract.

That's a lot easier to sell than a 8th seed with lots of ongoing deals + no high picks."

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Foye/Aminu/Bledsoe/Kaman+picks (if they have them) is better than ANYTHING New York could offer.

I assume if the Clippers are pushing for Paul, they'd rather keep Griffin and Gordon to add to that nucleus.

To LAC:
Chris Paul

To NOH:
Chris Kaman
Eric Bledsoe
Al-Farouq Aminu
Multiple first-round picks

Me and CripWalkin called this 10 days ago.
grin.gif
pimp.gif

The biggest obstacle will be if Stern rejects this though.
nerd.gif

if stern rejects this, i could see teams eventually not even bothering to deal with the league owned hornets and just try and sign chris paul in the offseason. if stern rejects this potential trade i could see teams looking at dealing with stern and company as more trouble then what its worth.

I don't think any tandem is more talented than LeBron/Wade, but that's why the games are played.

Chris Paul

Eric Gordon

Caron Butler

Blake Griffin

Deandre Jordan

laugh.gif

Peep the edit.
What do you mean? Butler fits perfectly. He plays damn good defense. He can score from the post and mid range. He can hit the 3. Probably not as well as last year, but still. I think you're underrating him a bit.

Defense? Paul, Gordon, and Butler will handle the perimeter better than most teams. Jordan cleans up down low.Their weakest link on D in the starting lineup is Blake.

The bench admittedly needs work. But Mo Williams and Randy Foye off the bench at the guard spots is a decent start. Obviously they need to fill out the roster (backup C most importantly) and replace VDN as head coach. But they have a GREAT core. The rest will come with time. They won't be winning a ship this year, but to say they won't make noise is crazy.
The core is great, but I'm still trying to figure out how long Paul stays. Any news on whether he picks up the PO yet so they can get at least two years with him? 
I was focusing more on this season because they may not even have him past this season, which may be the reason EG wasn't involved. 

Originally Posted by ex carrabba fan

A good point IMO brought up about the shot down trade and this trade:

"The Lakers trade would have made NO an 8th or 9th seed and very solid. (And no high pick)

The Clippers trade means NO will suck big time...they and the T-Wolves will be the worst two teams out west.

Which means next season NO will have two high lottery picks + remove Kaman's huge contract.

That's a lot easier to sell than a 8th seed with lots of ongoing deals + no high picks."
Exactly. Sometimes you have to suffer to be good again, it's very rare that teams are mediocre then suddenly become a contender. Sam Mitchell was talking about it the other night on GameTime, basically saying that being in the middle of the pack is the worse position you can be in, because those picks are terrible, and you're doomed to stay mediocre.

Did you think the Heat thought they'd lose to the Mavericks?

No way in hell Jason Terry/Dirk is better than LeBron/Wade, but they're the ones who won. Nothing is given in the NBA, not even the chosen ones winning.

But CP3 was a 7 seed with that bum roster last year? Now that CP3 has a GOOD roster, I see them as a 2-4 seed.
CP3 still had a top 10-12 PF in West and a defensive center in Okafor. Ariza and Butler is like comparing apples to oranges until I see how well Butler performs post injury. Gordon is the main upgrade in terms of Paul switching teams. 

Exactly..Nobody knows how Butler is gonna perform..And Gordon would be a great scorer for CP3 to get the ball to, but no way the Hornets accept that trade without getting Gordon..Don't get me wrong, the Clippers will greatly improve with CP3 but to say CP3 will take the Clips from 32-50 to the 2-4 seed is insanity. He's gonna give the team 25 more wins by himself? CP3 isn't Magic Johnson/M.Jordan

well spoke too soon.

even with that clipper paul lineup they arent getting past the first round of playoffs.........................yet

Peep the edit.

The core is great, but I'm still trying to figure out how long Paul stays. Any news on whether he picks up the PO yet so they can get at least two years with him? 
I was focusing more on this season because they may not even have him past this season, which may be the reason EG wasn't involved. 

I read somewhere that the Clips weren't gonna offer the Minnesota pick or Gordon if CP3 didn't agree to pick up his player option for next season so I'm guessing they have him 2 seasons minimum. I'll try to find it real quick. But either way I don't see how CP3 doesn't re-sign with them. Look at all those weapons. It's like a point guard's dream.
In a similar situation in February, Mo Williams agreed to pick up his option for the 2011-12 season to clinch the Clippers' deal with Cleveland that swapped Williams for Baron Davis. Sources said earlier Sunday that the Clippers -- if Paul agreed to do the same -- would be willing to reverse their previous stance and send either Gordon or the Minnesota pick to the Hornets because they'd know that Paul would be in place next to Griffin for at least two seasons, removing the threat of trading for Paul and then watching him leave in free agency in July.

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/...-lakers-chris-paul-wants-los-angeles-clippers

Everybody saying that Gordon should be in the trade is not seeing the whole picture.

If Gordon is in the trade, Paul doesn't want to stay, therefore why would the Clippers give up Gordon. Gordon is going to make max money starting next year. For a team that is trying to rebuild, a top 5 pick has much more value than a max contract player who isn't the best player on a championship team.

roll.gif
at the whoever said that Minny pick won't be a lottery pick. That's a bold prediction there.

roll.gif
at the Clippers being a 6-7 seed with that roster. Dudes clearly didn't watch any of the games last year
laugh.gif
. Clippers played close to.500 ball after the 1- 13start when Baron was fat/hurt/not playing.

As for the bench, Mo Williams seems like a perfect fit.

Clippers should have that cap exception of 2.5M after the trade and before matching DJ to sign a backup C. I'd expect Craig Smith back too if possible. Supposedly they really like Trey Thompkins.

Joke of a trade. I would be revolted if Donald Sterling had control over a CP/Griffin/Gordon led team. Last person to deserve such fortune.

Back
Top Bottom