☆☆ 2012 NBA Finals ☆☆ The King has been crowned; Heat win 2012 NBA Finals! Bron Finals MVP.

Griffin will be a Top-5 PF in no time, that's the difference between West and Griffin. And Paul hasn't had a great guy with hands that could throw it down since Chandler left (when they were at their best).

Comparing Butler to Ariza is a slap in the face to Butler. He'll be fine, trust me. Guarantee it. He busted his $$% to stay strong and get healthy. He'll be great for them.

The Clippers were gradually going to get better as their core matured, and got healthy. They are now, and added the best PG in the game.

CP3 on the Clippers isn't better than the Denver team that got knocked out of the playoffs.

That clippers team would be amazing offensively. Incredibly entertaining.

Hire 'Antoni after the season and we'll have Seven Seconds or Less 2.0

Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

CP3 on the Clippers isn't better than the Denver team that got knocked out of the playoffs.
Are you saying with Carmelo?

I pray to God you are, because if not, that's a very, very, very, very very very very very very very very very very very silly statement.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Psh I know right.
CP3 <<< Felton

Gordon <<< Afflalo

Blake Griffin <<<<<<<<<<< Birdman

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

I pray to God you are, because if not, that's a very, very, very, very very very very very very very very very very very silly statement.
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
Tears.

Overall, IDK...

Paul is essentially getting traded for a top 10 pick, a center NO's is going to dump after the year is done, decent young talent in Bledsoe/Aminu... without giving up LA's best or second best player.

Just seems a bit... meh..

Yb8yc.gif

backs up* Iono how I feel bout that.
laugh.gif

Blake doesn't know how to defend yet and I have doubts about their playoff defense.
But they're young and good enough that they could steal a top 4 seed...
They've got maybe 2 closers in Butler and CP3 (we'll see about EG)

Who knows...
get a good matchup like the Spurs..or the Spurs...or the...Spurs
laugh.gif

You crazy son, they had starter talent 1-10, but no closers.
I can't get your back on this one.

Foye/Aminu/Bledsoe/Kaman+picks (if they have them) is better than ANYTHING New York could offer.

I assume if the Clippers are pushing for Paul, they'd rather keep Griffin and Gordon to add to that nucleus.

To LAC:
Chris Paul

To NOH:
Chris Kaman
Eric Bledsoe
Al-Farouq Aminu
Multiple first-round picks

Me and CripWalkin called this 10 days ago.
grin.gif
pimp.gif

The biggest obstacle will be if Stern rejects this though.
nerd.gif

Swag.
pimp.gif

Yeah CP3 and Blake are better than anybody currently on the Nuggets..but bringing up Melo is a perfect example..Denver had Melo, Billups (at a better stage of his career than he is now) Kenyon Martin, JR Smith, Nene, and Birdman for shot blocking/rebounding...And that team made the NBA Finals 0 times..You don't play for Division titles in the NBA..You play for a championship..If that Nuggets team had trouble making it out of the West, how does CP3, Blake, Caron Butler coming off surgery, and Eric Gordon=A deep playoff run? Granted, the West isn't the powerhouse conference it once was, but they're not depleted to that point that the Clips would be title contenders...Sure, they'll be a perennial playoff team which is better than they have been the past few years, but that's about it

Dude up there is getting slandered about that Clippers-Nuggets comment so I don't even go there, lmao.

HOWEVER, I don't think they crack the top 3 in the West. I still rate OKC, LAL and DAL ahead. Evidently, this is not on that Miami Heat Big 3 steeze and we still have to consider the depth that they'll have around their core. Let's not forget Spurs still won 60+ games last year so even top 4 is arguable (although clearly Clippers are much younger with a lot of upside and Blake Griffin is already a top PF in this league). I hope CP3 does go there, it would be a lot of fun to watch and it doesn't "hurt" the league in any way. I'll be VERY surprised if Stern rejects.

A top 4 seed is there, but just gotta see how well they mesh. Like I said, u have to factor in a lot of things for a young team like that to shoot up the standings. OKC did it in year 4 with Durant. Year 3 they gave the Lakers a run for their money.it really all depends on Griffin.

You pretty much know what EG, Butler and Jordan will give you. But, if Griffin takes his game to the next level (meaning more than the highlights), you have a serious team.

If anyone could post up the defensive stats on Blake Griffin, that'd be great. I want to see how efficient he is on both ends of the floor.

In any case, that starting lineup is VERY solid. Bench is still somewhat okay: Mo Williams, Foye, Gomes, etc. Add a veteran big and you got yourself a legitimate squad. Is Craig Smith still there?

Originally Posted by UPPTEMPO8387

Denver had Melo, Billups (at a better stage of his career than he is now) Kenyon Martin, JR Smith, Nene, and Birdman for shot blocking/rebounding...And that team made the NBA Finals 0 times
That team was only together for one playoff run. And Andersen isn't anything above average in the rebounding and shot blocking categories; once teams figured out he'll bite on any pump fake, he's been highly ineffective since the '08-'09 season, and actually sends opponents to the stripe quite a bit.

If he was talking about the Nuggets squad that had Melo x K-Mart x Billups x Nene, etc., then he has a case. I thought he meant the Nuggets team from last season, and, if he was, that's absurd.

Originally Posted by pjhoody

If he was talking about the Nuggets squad that had Melo x K-Mart x Billups x Nene, etc., then he has a case. I thought he meant the Nuggets team from last season, and, if he was, that's absurd.

Na I'm pretty sure he meant the post-Carmelo squad
laugh.gif
..But I made the point of using that team to show that you can have great offensive talent and still not do a damn thing in the West...The Nuggets had a pretty good record with that team but when playing veteran teams in the playoffs, they struggled often and couldn't close out series'. If Blake develops more than I expect him to, then I'll eat my words and admit I was wrong. But at this point, my prediction is as valuable/worthless as anybody else's..Who knows what will happen? Clips could be 50-16 with CP3 or 36-30..Only time will tell

Regardless, it'll be very fun to watch CP3 throwing alley's to Blake
pimp.gif

feels like the changing of the guard of the LA teams. lakers getting older. clippers getting younger and better

Back
Top Bottom