☆☆ 2012 NBA Finals ☆☆ The King has been crowned; Heat win 2012 NBA Finals! Bron Finals MVP.

Clippers are gonna be exciting to watch.

Maybe Paul will fall in love with L.A. so much that he will sign with any of the 2 teams when his contract is up
nerd.gif

The hornets will still be trash though. $%%+ stern.

Originally Posted by CripwalkinK

Dude up there is getting slandered about that Clippers-Nuggets comment so I don't even go there, lmao.

HOWEVER, I don't think they crack the top 3 in the West. I still rate OKC, LAL and DAL ahead. Evidently, this is not on that Miami Heat Big 3 steeze and we still have to consider the depth that they'll have around their core. Let's not forget Spurs still won 60+ games last year so even top 4 is arguable (although clearly Clippers are much younger with a lot of upside and Blake Griffin is already a top PF in this league). I hope CP3 does go there, it would be a lot of fun to watch and it doesn't "hurt" the league in any way. I'll be VERY surprised if Stern rejects.
I don't know about the Lakers right now. Losing Odom is a serious blow. I know that opens up more minutes for Bynum, but is that really a good thing with how often he gets hurt? Plus the Lakers' bench is arguably worse than the Clippers' bench right now.
Blake v. Williams

Kapono v. Foye

Barnes v. Gomes

Caracter v. Thompkins

? v. ?

Then there's Morris, Goudelock, and Walton for the Lakers. Leslie, Warren, and Cook I believe for the Clippers. These benches are *+$. Clippers vs Lakers would be a great match-up regardless though. I'd love to see a 7 game series between the two.

If anyone could post up the defensive stats on Blake Griffin, that'd be great. I want to see how efficient he is on both ends of the floor.

In any case, that starting lineup is VERY solid. Bench is still somewhat okay: Mo Williams, Foye, Gomes, etc. Add a veteran big and you got yourself a legitimate squad. Is Craig Smith still there?
He isn't very good in man-to-man nor help (.5 bpg) situations. People overlooked that because he was soooo great offensively last year. (first 22/12 rook since Shaq, had a streak of 14 straight 20/10 games. Only Mailman & Shaq have had longer streaks in the last 25 seasons)

Fortunately, he has all the physical tools, so if he focuses on that end he could become a great defender someday.

Originally Posted by StillAtIt

Dude up there is getting slandered about that Clippers-Nuggets comment so I don't even go there, lmao.

HOWEVER, I don't think they crack the top 3 in the West. I still rate OKC, LAL and DAL ahead. Evidently, this is not on that Miami Heat Big 3 steeze and we still have to consider the depth that they'll have around their core. Let's not forget Spurs still won 60+ games last year so even top 4 is arguable (although clearly Clippers are much younger with a lot of upside and Blake Griffin is already a top PF in this league). I hope CP3 does go there, it would be a lot of fun to watch and it doesn't "hurt" the league in any way. I'll be VERY surprised if Stern rejects.
I don't know about the Lakers right now. Losing Odom is a serious blow. I know that opens up more minutes for Bynum, but is that really a good thing with how often he gets hurt? Plus the Lakers' bench is arguably worse than the Clippers' bench right now.
Blake v. Williams

Kapono v. Foye

Barnes v. Gomes

Caracter v. Thompkins

? v. ?

Then there's Morris, Goudelock, and Walton for the Lakers. Leslie, Warren, and Cook I believe for the Clippers. These benches are *+$. Clippers vs Lakers would be a great match-up regardless though. I'd love to see a 7 game series between the two.
Key thing is chemistry, that Lakers core has been together for a while. It's hard to predict how everything will go this year because of the compacted schedule. I agree the benches are awful but there's still a ton of time to change that with free agency and you have to wonder the Lakers are gonna pull the trigger on a deal sometime soon, looks like they want to shape things up a little. I'd still rate LAL over LAC though, no question.

Originally Posted by ill steelo

If anyone could post up the defensive stats on Blake Griffin, that'd be great. I want to see how efficient he is on both ends of the floor.

In any case, that starting lineup is VERY solid. Bench is still somewhat okay: Mo Williams, Foye, Gomes, etc. Add a veteran big and you got yourself a legitimate squad. Is Craig Smith still there?
He isn't very good in man-to-man nor help (.5 bpg) situations. People overlooked that because he was soooo great offensively last year. (first 22/12 rook since Shaq, had a streak of 14 straight 20/10 games. Only Mailman & Shaq have had longer streaks in the last 25 seasons)

Fortunately, he has all the physical tools, so if he focuses on that end he could become a great defender someday.
Yeah his help D is a bit of an issue but like you mentioned, he's got the gifts to work on all that.

Gilbert Arenas is officially an unrestricted free agent.

Arenas' agent Dan Fegan, sources said, successfully convinced teams that showed interest in lodging a bargain bid on the former All-Star that Arenas was determined to make his own choice about where he wants to resume his career.

The tactic worked and Arenas will now be able to choose his next destination.

Sources with knowledge of his thinking say that Arenas hopes to join Orlando Magic center Dwight Howard wherever Howard is traded.

Miami is another team known to interest Arenas, who has relocated his family to Orlando. But it is unknown whether even Heat president Pat Riley, famed for his gambles on players with checkered pasts, is willing to add Arenas

Originally Posted by NobleKane

feels like the changing of the guard of the LA teams. lakers getting older. clippers getting younger and better

idk, Donal Sterling IS still the owner...

Originally Posted by MrONegative

Gilbert Arenas is officially an unrestricted free agent.

Arenas' agent Dan Fegan, sources said, successfully convinced teams that showed interest in lodging a bargain bid on the former All-Star that Arenas was determined to make his own choice about where he wants to resume his career.

The tactic worked and Arenas will now be able to choose his next destination.

Sources with knowledge of his thinking say that Arenas hopes to join Orlando Magic center Dwight Howard wherever Howard is traded.

Miami is another team known to interest Arenas, who has relocated his family to Orlando. But it is unknown whether even Heat president Pat Riley, famed for his gambles on players with checkered pasts, is willing to add Arenas

indifferent.gif
....Why would howard want to play with this bum? All he did for us last year was shoot bricks, glad we cut him. 

i still cannot believe laker management will be taking a HUGE L.

having stern tell you talk to the hand TWICE then have your building mates and city rivals swoop in and complete the trade you couldnt?

if anything deserved a facepalm it would be that

chris broussard is reporting clippers offering gordon, aminu. kaman, 1st round pick. league wants bledsoe also but clippers dont want to.
so which is it? gordon or bledsoe?

i still cannot believe laker management will be taking a HUGE L.

having stern tell you talk to the hand TWICE then have your building mates and city rivals swoop in and complete the trade you couldnt?

if anything deserved a facepalm it would be that

laugh.gif
so true

chris broussard is reporting clippers offering gordon, aminu. kaman, 1st round pick. league wants bledsoe also but clippers dont want to.
so which is it? gordon or bledsoe?
Well, Eric Bledsoe is already out for 6-8 weeks.

The Clippers are really about to get CP3 for a center with injury history, a back up PG, and a 2nd year unproven player...without giving up any of their stars?
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Veto?

That deal > Gasol/Odom? Yeah. Okay.

Way to make sense, $tern/Owners.

Just ran across the ticker that Gordon isnt in the offer. There is no way that this should be approved without him. All eyes on Stern once again

laugh.gif
@ dwight howard wanting captain jack and monta ellis on the magic in order for him to stay *+# dud must be a warriors fan
laugh.gif

never let this guy be a general manager 

Originally Posted by jmause3

Just ran across the ticker that Gordon isnt in the offer. There is no way that this should be approved without him. All eyes on Stern once again

yea it doesnt make any sense that guy chris broussar is reporting one this on the espn ticker and another on is twitter. i guess he really dont know whats up so he put two different stories out there and which ever is right then he can sayhe said it...

Originally Posted by jmause3

yea it doesnt make any sense that guy chris broussar is reporting one this on the espn ticker and another on is twitter. i guess he really dont know whats up so he put two different stories out there and which ever is right then he can sayhe said it...

laugh.gif
true.

Originally Posted by HOOD17

KAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

roll.gif
 someone on twitter posted LEAVE JJ BAREA ALONE 
laugh.gif

Ken Berger: The NBA, where David Kahn can have six point guards but the lakers can't have any.

Back
Top Bottom