☆☆ 2012 NBA Finals ☆☆ The King has been crowned; Heat win 2012 NBA Finals! Bron Finals MVP.

The contracts, the lack of young players are the reason that the inital CP3 deal was not done.
But the Clippers deal? Truthfully, that deal NO was asking for is more of a Dwight Howard deal.
Gordon, and that first rounder for a PG? Lets be serious here. Its a PG league, but Paul is prob already on the decline from his peak.
Howard would be a better bet for the assets. Even with Dwight.

Stu Jackson? really? That's they guy you want making a deal over Demps?

If YOU are one of these teams:

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]11. Utah Jazz[/font] [font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] [/font]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]$55,614,192[/font]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]12. Cleveland Cavaliers[/font] [font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] [/font]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]$55,457,657[/font]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]13. Philadelphia 76ers[/font] [font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] [/font]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]$54,858,763[/font]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]14. Oklahoma City Thunder[/font] [font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] [/font]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]$53,605,750[/font]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]15. Phoenix Suns[/font] [font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] [/font]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]$53,182,654[/font]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]16. Milwaukee Bucks[/font] [font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] [/font]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]$51,849,140[/font]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]17. Golden State Warriors[/font] [font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] [/font]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]$49,105,952[/font]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]18. Minnesota Timberwolves[/font] [font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] [/font]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]$48,355,542[/font]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]19. Detroit Pistons[/font] [font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] [/font]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]$48,263,032[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]20. Charlotte Bobcats[/font]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] [/font]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]$47,481,490[/font]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]21. Houston Rockets[/font] [font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] [/font]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]$47,306,218[/font]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]22. Toronto Raptors[/font] [font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] [/font]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]$46,879,433[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]23. Los Angeles Clippers[/font]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]$44,919,031[/font]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]24. New Orleans Hornets[/font] [font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] [/font]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]$42,066,057[/font]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]25. Washington Wizards[/font] [font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] [/font]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]$40,682,282[/font]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]26. New Jersey Nets[/font] [font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] [/font]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]$39,814,161[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]27. Memphis Grizzlies[/font]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]$[/font][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]37,363,810[/font]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]28. Indiana Pacers[/font] [font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] [/font]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]$36,957,444[/font]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]29. Sacramento Kings[/font] [font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] [/font]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]$29,903,965[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]30. Denver Nuggets[/font]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]$28,883,142[/font]

And didn't spend to the cap already, there's an auction for the amnestied player.
Highest bidder wins.

No one bids...welcome to free agency on super welfare.

i dont see the problem ith going to the Clippers. hell, id start him over Mo Williams.

Originally Posted by HarlemToTheBronx

Originally Posted by diew its james

does chauncey have to play for LAC or can he choose to opt out? not sure how waiver works

I don't think he has a choice. He can try to force the Clippers hand, but he doesn't have a lot of leverage here, if any.
EDIT: The Clippers aren't that bad a situation, though. He'll likely start (right? correct me if I'm wrong) and he'll be playing with Blake Griffin. Maybe he doesn't make too much of a stink.
Most definitely he'd start with Mo Williams off the bench.
Git'r done Olshey!
glasses.gif

Only goes to teams under the cap first. Then if he clears waivers any team can sign him.

Originally Posted by HankMoody

does chauncey have to play for LAC or can he choose to opt out? not sure how waiver works

Buyout (idk if is avilable), play or sit home and receive 0 checks.
Autonomy
laugh.gif
He had no such thing. No GM really does. GM has latitude to make moves but trust, when it comes to salary and what not, he is making a call first. I'd like to kmow whether the Lakers-Hornets leak was premature in the first place. That the trade really hadn't received approval and someone assumed it would.
That had to be it. A little too much leaking a little too early.

If it doesn't he won't get his 14 mill from the Knicks because the only way for him to get off the Clippers would be retirement  
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by mjshoefanatic

Originally Posted by HarlemToTheBronx

I don't think he has a choice. He can try to force the Clippers hand, but he doesn't have a lot of leverage here, if any.
EDIT: The Clippers aren't that bad a situation, though. He'll likely start (right? correct me if I'm wrong) and he'll be playing with Blake Griffin. Maybe he doesn't make too much of a stink.
Most definitely he'd start with Mo Williams off the bench.
Git'r done Olshey!
glasses.gif

You'll hate him after like 2 games. Wait till he starts pulling up from 3 with Blake open in the paint 
laugh.gif

Now people are speculating Chauncey was claimed to be used as another piece for CP3, imagine that...

After being released to waivers claimed just to be used again, my guy would definitely retire if this happens can't see him staying on the Hornets.

Blazers, I now know your email address. Edit your post of you don't want others to find out... if not, rock on. edit: Good decision.

Originally Posted by JaeEvolution

Now people are speculating Chauncey was claimed to be used as another piece for CP3, imagine that...

After being released to waivers claimed just to be used again, my guy would definitely retire if this happens can't see him staying on the Hornets.
Not allowed to trade a player you claim off the amnesty wire for a year.

You'll hate him after like 2 games. Wait till he starts pulling up from 3 with Blake open in the paint 
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

His *** will sit down and Mo will have to check-in
laugh.gif

Mo does the same +$%!
laugh.gif

You kind of have to deal with a couple ill-advised 3s from most guys that will have the shooting ability to keep defenses honest on Blake. Necessary evil in a way.

nope, not possible. Chauncey CANNOT be traded.

as long as its not the heat right? i was hoping the Pistons picked him up, and never waived Rip. Billups-Rip-Prince reunited haha

Originally Posted by Zyzz

nope, not possible. Chauncey CANNOT be traded till July 1st

Couple hilarious quotes from Stephen Jackson:

“If guys come in here not focused on a championship, just making the playoffs, we need to trade them. We need to be talking about championship and nothin’ else. You can’t limit yourself to just playoffs. Who wants to do that? Playoffs is not really an achievement to me. Anybody can get to the playoffs.â€

How many days til they start shopping Mo Williams?
Long term? Dwight still controls everything. If Dwight is a laker then, Deron Williams is getting shopped, and that's imo part of the reason no one has made an asinine deal for Paul. The Hornets are desperate to get a Paul deal done before Dwight and possibly Williams. The demands for the Paul deal keep changing, and being too much cause everyone knows in he back of their mind that Williams is gone be available if Howard commits to Orlando, or lands anywhere but with the Nets.
Personally I wouldn't make an offer for Paul til the Dwight situation resolves its self. The only reason the 2 LA teams made offers is cause they figured they would still after getting Paul have assets to get Howard. What if the Clippers looked at the situation after getting Paul, and said...
Gordon, Williams, and Jordan for Howard.
To me the LA teams not wanting to do business with the NBA's Hornets is less about the NBA being difficult to deal with, and more about not getting ripped off like the Nets did and maintaining Howard flexibility, when in reality Howard is a lot like Bosh last off season.

The Howard camp has basically let it be known that they are going to try and force themselves to the elite PG. Whichever one Orlando thinks they can make a deal with.
Lakers knows Howard without Bynum or Gasol the trade for Howard is meaningless. Clippers know that they could win with Gordon, Paul, and Griffin + If they wanted Howard, Gordon would be the prime bait. Celtics don't have a deal, and have not had one for the past 2 years. And Howard has no interest in going to Chicago, and being second fiddle in the fans minds the rest of his career.
So in reality while Paul is grabbing the headlines, Howard is the key, and if a team cant get Paul while knowing they have attract assets for Howard they aren't doing the deal. And the NBA looking at the initial Williams hull , isn't going to settle for just an okay deal.

All this is doing is confirming the wisdom Utah had in dealing Williams last year. Hornets wont get anything close, and the Nets wont break even on a Williams trade.

Back
Top Bottom