☆☆ 2012 NBA Finals ☆☆ The King has been crowned; Heat win 2012 NBA Finals! Bron Finals MVP.

Clippers.
laugh.gif

Guess they're really done with the CP3 negotations.

Why would the NBA sabotage the Hornets? Contraction? Right, that looks really good to potential owners or investors. The NBA is the owner of the team. That is the problem. The actions? I don't have a problem with them because every other team does the same thing. Demps had authority? Right. Like Kupchak doesn't run to Jerry for approval? Like Dolan doesn't have the final say on moves? Why are we trying to kid ourselves? This is what invested owners do. How many autonomous (as much as possible) GM's do we think there are in the NBA? Pat Riley and who else? Sam Presti? RC Buford? I bet it's a lot less than people think. And the luxury tax? The owner pays that bill. I wonder if a move that triggers the tax must be approved, under any circumstances?

The NBA needs to sell this team ASAP. I would guess the high price for Paul is playing in to this (make the team as attractive as possible).

Originally Posted by HankMoody

Why would the NBA sabotage the Hornets? Contraction? Right, that looks really good to potential owners or investors. The NBA is the owner of the team. That is the problem. The actions? I don't have a problem with them because every other team does the same thing. Demps had authority? Right. Like Kupchak doesn't run to Jerry for approval? Like Dolan doesn't have the final say on moves? Why are we trying to kid ourselves? This is what invested owners do. How many autonomous (as much as possible) GM's do we think there are in the NBA? Pat Riley and who else? Sam Presti? RC Buford? I bet it's a lot less than people think. And the luxury tax? The owner pays that bill. I wonder if a move that triggers the tax must be approved, under any circumstances?

The NBA needs to sell this team ASAP. I would guess the high price for Paul is playing in to this (make the team as attractive as possible).
Of course it always has to be approved by the owners, but you're kidding yourself if you think the league is handling this properly.
To completely undermine their GM and take over negotiations, after telling him and everyone else that Demps has autonomy to make a deal. The league office is not handling this right at all.

The overall issue is the league owning a team, though. Then with it being a small market team with a franchise player who wants to bolt to a big market after the months of negotiations during the lockout about this exact issue. Perfect storm.

Originally Posted by diew its james

does chauncey have to play for LAC or can he choose to opt out? not sure how waiver works

Buyout (idk if is avilable), play or sit home and receive 0 checks.
Autonomy
laugh.gif
He had no such thing. No GM really does. GM has latitude to make moves but trust, when it comes to salary and what not, he is making a call first. I'd like to kmow whether the Lakers-Hornets leak was premature in the first place. That the trade really hadn't received approval and someone assumed it would.

does chauncey have to play for LAC or can he choose to opt out? not sure how waiver works
He has to report.

I assume he'll get fined/suspended if he doesn't. Then again, he did throw out "retirement" if he got claimed by a team he didn't like.

I don't think he has a choice. He can try to force the Clippers hand, but he doesn't have a lot of leverage here, if any.
EDIT: The Clippers aren't that bad a situation, though. He'll likely start (right? correct me if I'm wrong) and he'll be playing with Blake Griffin. Maybe he doesn't make too much of a stink.

im reading that heat/magic/mavs wanted billups does the waiver claim only go through teams that didnt make playoffs or something? cuz why couldnt one of those teams just claim him before the clips did

Originally Posted by thaSOLEful1

im reading that heat/magic/mavs wanted billups does the waiver claim only go through teams that didnt make playoffs or something? cuz why couldnt one of those teams just claim him before the clips did
Teams with cap room can bid.

All of this BS is about $$. That's it.

I didn't even know Eddie Curry was still in the league. Dude was on that Fat Joe diet.

Originally Posted by thaSOLEful1

@WojYahooNBA Adrian Wojnarowski
The Clippers placed a bid on Chauncey Billups, league source tells Y! Sports.

bfe15f69a6b6fa20a2956815c5e1a03ffcddf92.gif

The Blake Griffin effect

Billups/MoWill 
bfe15f69a6b6fa20a2956815c5e1a03ffcddf92.gif

Back
Top Bottom