☆☆ 2012 NBA Finals ☆☆ The King has been crowned; Heat win 2012 NBA Finals! Bron Finals MVP.

Houston still going to be a Top-Four team?
roll.gif

Tyson ended up being the only big man to leave, interesting.

Now with this move, and if CP3 finally gets moved, I expect a flurry of players finally signing with teams.

Originally Posted by franchise3

Do it Mitch!! ...so the Rockets can get Pau and Nene. Each day that passes with Nene not signing I'm just gonna assume Nene is waiting for the Rockets to clear room for him. Or else he woulda signed with Denver or NJ already. Hopefully, man, since after Nene and Dalembert (do not want) there's nobody else out there for the Rockets to fill the C spot.
WELP.

Maybe this is why Ainge has been vigorously shopping Rondo:
If you’ve wondered why there have been whispers of Rajon Rondo being on the trading block for about a year, we might have an example of why....This story comes the Boston Herald (via the mighty Ziller at SBN) and takes place between games two and three of the Miami Heat playoff series that eliminated the Celtics last spring:

According to multiple sources, Rondo’s errors were being pointed out when he arose and began discussing the mistakes of his teammates. Loudly. Using harsh language.

Coach Doc Rivers got up and fired back, and Rondo threw a bottle that shattered the video screen. He bolted from the practice facility and was prevented from returning when he tried later.
http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports....ndo-rage-from-the-boston-celtics-locker-room/Link

Originally Posted by P MAC ONE

laugh.gif
Lakers and Stern trying to drive the price up for the Clippers.
How do you know the Clippers and Stern weren't just trying to drive up the price for the Lakers?

Originally Posted by ill steelo

Maybe this is why Ainge has been vigorously shopping Rondo:
If you’ve wondered why there have been whispers of Rajon Rondo being on the trading block for about a year, we might have an example of why....This story comes the Boston Herald (via the mighty Ziller at SBN) and takes place between games two and three of the Miami Heat playoff series that eliminated the Celtics last spring:

According to multiple sources, Rondo’s errors were being pointed out when he arose and began discussing the mistakes of his teammates. Loudly. Using harsh language.

Coach Doc Rivers got up and fired back, and Rondo threw a bottle that shattered the video screen. He bolted from the practice facility and was prevented from returning when he tried later.
http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports....ndo-rage-from-the-boston-celtics-locker-room/Link

30t6p3b.gif

From a Nets pov, im glad we didn't get Nene... We would've overpaid him & it's not like him alone is gonna make DWill stay.

^But also, Fegan represents Dwight and Nene. And now the Lakers are trying to get back into the CP3 race. There is another shoe that is about to drop IMO (A trade, not meaning Dwight but could be)

So when the hell is the Chris Paul trade going down?

This is freaking ridiculous.
And under any scenario can Chris Paul and D12 play on the same team? I really want to see this go down.

Originally Posted by abovelegit1

laugh.gif
How do you know the Clippers and Stern weren't just trying to drive up the price for the Lakers?
Because the Clippers are the team with the assets that would be valued by a rebuilding team. Lakers would have to include a 3rd team in any circumstance.

laugh.gif
Because the Clippers are the team with the assets that would be valued by a rebuilding team. Lakers would have to include a 3rd team in any circumstance.
Not saying you're wrong, but none of what you said necessarily negates the possiblity of my contention. Besides, the only people who know what's actually being discussed at this time are the people on the phones. For all we know, Bynum could be on the table now.

Originally Posted by Juicy J 32

So when the hell is the Chris Paul trade going down?

This is freaking ridiculous.
And under any scenario can Chris Paul and D12 play on the same team? I really want to see this go down.
One possible scenario I thought about; The Nets save their cap space now. Paul, Howard and Deron Williams play out the season with their current teams. Deron leaves the Nets for another team in free agency. I think that would open enough cap space for the Nets to sign Paul and Howard in free agency next summer (again that's assuming they don't waste cap space beyond next summer, amnesty Travis Outlaw and renounce the rights to their other free agents). Of course, all three stars would have to take pay cuts in this scenario.

Originally Posted by bhzmafia14

So, I guess this means NJ are pushing hard for Dwight?

Hopefully that's exactly what that means, with the Lakers getting cut off at the knees.

I still think the Lakers will get either CP3 or D12
If not, Laker fans are gonna be on suicide watch like the Knicks fans were with Lebron

Not saying you're wrong, but none of what you said necessarily negates the possiblity of my contention. Besides, the only people who know what's actually being discussed at this time are the people on the phones. For all we know, Bynum could be on the table now.
Broussard and Stein were reporting that Gordon was definitely in the deal when everyone else was reporting that he wasn't. They said the hang up in the deal was Eric Bledsoe's inclusion, which is asinine. It's pretty clear that their sources are within the league office, and those sources want the Clippers to believe that the Lakers are going to get involved. I would give them the benefit of the doubt, but it's Chris Broussard. I find it hard to believe the Lakers would squander all of their Howard assets to acquire Paul. A Paul/Bryant/Bynum would be quite the collection of knees, and really not that great as Kobe declines. If the Lakers want to do that, I hope Olshey sticks to his guns, clears the cap space and welcomes Deron Williams and Harrison Barnes this summer.

edit: Steve Perrin of ClipsNation says what I was trying to say. --
http://
The story being pushed by Marc Stein and Chris Broussard at ESPN now is that the Lakers are back in the discussion. I fail to see how the Lakers could possibly make an offer of interest at this point; they offered Pau and Odom before, but Odom is now gone, and they're not going to include Bynum or Kobe. And there is literally nothing else on their roster of interest. They do have two first round picks next year (their own and Dallas' in the Odom trade) but very late first round picks (as the Lakers pick and the Dallas pick are likely to be) have little to know value - teams sell their late first rounders for a couple million dollars all the time. That's just not going to fix the Hornets. I'm baffled by this subplot, as I have been by several subplots throughout this saga. As John Hollinger suggests, this may just be an attempt to bluff the Clippers into thinking the Lakers are making an offer of interest. Unfortunately for the league, it turns out the Clippers front office is not stupid. They can look at the Lakers roster as easily as I can and see that there's no way they can come up with a competitive offer. I have to say: I have really despised Stein/Broussard's coverage of this whole thing. They've pushed what seem to be bogus details throughout the ordeal.

Broderick Turner of the LA Times agrees with them on at least one point: the two sides are talking tonight. I'm not sure what there is to talk about. The league should be pretty well aware of what's acceptable to the Clippers at this point, right?

Originally Posted by bhzmafia14

So, I guess this means NJ are pushing hard for Dwight?

They have too but I still wonder if the magic really want brooke lopez and what could be late first round draft picks...

ehhh....

if true i would take that deal FAST if im the GSW
Paul has not reversed field regarding wanting out of New Orleans.Initially blessed with overriding leverage and exhilarating options,CP$’s, relocation program has narrowed to the Celtics (Rajon Rondocontinues to be available) and the Warriors (NOLA wants Monta Ellis,Andris Biedrins and rookie Klay Thompson).

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/more_sports/paul_of_confusion_wK1uko3V1atBTgNkbfmHzI#ixzz1gTLqyBTY

Back
Top Bottom