☆☆ 2012 NBA Finals ☆☆ The King has been crowned; Heat win 2012 NBA Finals! Bron Finals MVP.

Originally Posted by Beware The Underdog

JapanAir21 wrote:
You know, it's really annoying to see you BOLD everything related to the SPURS, and where your HEART lies.

Type like a grown up.

I only CAP the SPURS. But I know that feel bro. There is one poster in the General who double space his post. Makes me feel a little heated.
grin.gif

But what i do is just NEAL WIT IT. Try it sometime champ.

cc535d35e622ba21d0b74d2be706f049c21ec03_t.png

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Originally Posted by CP1708

JapanAir21 wrote:

Dirk would also restructure his deal if it meant bringing in Dwight and Deron, I'd think.

Not allowed.  Unless Dirk moves to football. 

What is this BS that Amary and Carmelo would restructure their deals to try and sign CP3 then?

Knicks fans were saying that something new in the CBA that allows them to do that, I thought.

Then again, we are talking about Knicks fans.

I don't know if it was Odom's true destination, but in his presser today, he said he told LA he wanted to come to Dallas, and I guess they accommodated him.
nerd.gif

Players can restructure their deals with a clause in the new CBA

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/7329408/new-items-added-nba-collective-bargaining-agreement

Educate yourself before you start throwing shots at fans of other teams.

[h3]Contracts and player salaries[/h3]
• A new "renegotiation and extension" provision allows an existing contract to be renegotiated so the player is paid a smaller amount over a longer period, but the player's salary cannot decrease by more than 40 percent. Renegotiations previously could only increase a player's salary.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/7329408/new-items-added-nba-collective-bargaining-agreement

JapanAir21 wrote:

Dirk would also restructure his deal if it meant bringing in Dwight and Deron, I'd think.
What is this BS that Amary and Carmelo would restructure their deals to try and sign CP3 then?

Knicks fans were saying that something new in the CBA that allows them to do that, I thought.

I don't know if it was Odom's true destination, but in his presser today, he said he told LA he wanted to come to Dallas, and I guess they accommodated him.
nerd.gif

I was about to say CP was wrong or just not informed but %%%$ that it's a new stipulation only for the Knicks. Kick rocks Dallas.

Mavs = NBA champions.
wink.gif

You should know all about that. I mean they sweep y'all. They what happens. kobe quits...Odom cheap shot...Drew cheap shot... Spoil rich kids. The LA way. Classy.
glasses.gif

Originally Posted by Big J 33

Originally Posted by PMatic

Jamal Crawford update;

Turned down the Pacers' 2 year-$10 million offer.
Knicks are offering one year-$2.5 million for him.  I'm sure he'd love to return to New York but there's not enough financial security compared to the rest of his offers.
Blazers reportedly have a 2 year-$10 million offer for him. Would round out the Blazers' guard rotation of Felton, Matthews and himself. He's also Pacific NW guy if that means anything.
Kings are also in the mix. Kings can offer the most since they're under the minimum salary level but they already have Evans, Thornton, Jimmer and Salmons on the roster.
Not speaking as a Knicks fan, go to Portland. Good money, get playing time, and like you said, from that region.
This

Jamal Crawford update;

Turned down the Pacers' 2 year-$10 million offer.
Knicks are offering one year-$2.5 million for him.  I'm sure he'd love to return to New York but there's not enough financial security compared to the rest of his offers.
Blazers reportedly have a 2 year-$10 million offer for him. Would round out the Blazers' guard rotation of Felton, Matthews and himself. He's also Pacific NW guy if that means anything.
Kings are also in the mix. Kings can offer the most since they're under the minimum salary level but they already have Evans, Thornton, Jimmer and Salmons on the roster.
YES. Those Chicago rumors died.

So a player can decrease their salary by taking a 40% cut, but adding a year? So the extra year would be for the amount the salary is cut by?
I knew you Knicks fans were happy, but even you guys questioned if Melo would do it.

nerd.gif
Those people I didn't/don't know what they were I was talking about.
embarassed.gif

Originally Posted by gaseousfashion

A new "renegotiation and extension" provision allows an existing contract to be renegotiated so the player is paid a smaller amount over a longer period, but the player's salary cannot decrease by more than 40 percent. Renegotiations previously could only increase a player's salary.

That's the new provision people were referring to.

Wait. So players can restructure their deals?

^ Their is something in the water, it's called expecting to win a title, which the spurs no longer do. 

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
at happy to have rj back.  So is everyone else that plays the spurs. 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

JA, I can't speak for Knick fans, but if they think that Melo and Stat can do anything, they are off their meds.  NBA players can not re-do current deals.  Can not, can't, will not happen, not allowed, wrong sport, etc etc. 

stupid-people.jpg

See my last post on the top of the page . You should stop talking out of your $#@ it makes you look like an idiot 

Originally Posted by rck2sactown

30t6p3b.gif
Crawford better sign with the Blazers.............
What do you have against Jamal Crawford man? That's messed up.

Originally Posted by MoNeyLiCiouS

Mavs = NBA champions.
wink.gif

You should know all about that. I mean they sweep y'all. They what happens. kobe quits...Odom cheap shot...Drew cheap shot... Spoil rich kids. The LA way. Classy.
glasses.gif

Clearly a tactical move and NOT a cheap shot.

^ Whoa, where the hell is that from? I was just reading TWO days ago that type stuff can't happen? Can you link me to that article?

Link.

That's the full rule.

No further explanation was given.

Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

Originally Posted by rck2sactown

30t6p3b.gif
Crawford better sign with the Blazers.............
What do you have against Jamal Crawford man? That's messed up.
Nothing. He would be a better fit in Portland than in Sac is all. I love the guy as a player, but I don't see how he would work in with Tyreke and Thornton, not to mention an already ball dominant Cousins and Salmons, plus we don't even know what Jimmer will bring to the Kings.

For the record, Melo and Amare restructuring their deals to take less money would be one of the biggest sports surprises I have ever seen.

Perhaps their attitudes would change, but Amare didn't stay in Phoenix because he didn't get the guaranteed money he wanted.. and Melo could have just been quiet and signed in the offseason if he really wanted to play in NYC, but he wanted his extension too.

Oh yall just don't want your team to overpay. Thought yall wanted him injured. I mean that's what I immediately think when ppl want a player to go to POR.

Sign to Portland if you want to ALMOST be a really good team every year lol.

If I was him i'm going with a contender and taking a pay cut.

Originally Posted by gangsta207therevolution

I knew you Knicks fans were happy, but even you guys questioned if Melo would do it.
True but could you say no to this face?

chris-paul-hornets-072610jpg-70df13389f9ce9d1.jpg

Originally Posted by TroyMcClure

Sign to Portland if you want to ALMOST be a really good team every year lol.

If I was him i'm going with a contender and taking a pay cut.

So New York is a contender now? Serious question
nerd.gif

I personally thought that the provision was in the deal, but CP made me doubt myself.
laugh.gif

So extend Dirk a year and take his 20 million next year to ~15 million, save five million to spend on other guys.
nerd.gif

Back
Top Bottom