☆☆ 2012 NBA Finals ☆☆ The King has been crowned; Heat win 2012 NBA Finals! Bron Finals MVP.

IMO the rush to get games in by Christmas is turning the league into amateur hour. It tells you something when my guy Bud Selig does a better job than Stern.

Please let these deals happen so all these stars can sign long-term deals. I'm tired of hearing about them every day and where is their destination.

Originally Posted by Mamba MVP

Terrible trade for ORL but whatever.

I agree, but if they can't do anything with the best center in the league, so anything they get in return is gonna seem like it's not worth it. What is Andrew Bynum gonna do for you that Dwight couldn't, besides shatter his knees? Pau? I'll take that, but you're still gonna have a high payroll and suck. Might as well throw in the towel and rebuild. And this is coming from a Magic fan
frown.gif

Originally Posted by Mr Jordan04

I agree, but if they can't do anything with the best center in the league, so anything they get in return is gonna seem like it's not worth it. What is Andrew Bynum gonna do for you that Dwight couldn't, besides shatter his knees? Pau? I'll take that, but you're still gonna have a high payroll and suck. Might as well throw in the towel and rebuild. And this is coming from a Magic fan
frown.gif

And that's why you take the Andrew deal..he has a TEAM option next year...you can shed that contract and send hedo's contract over as well. If your going to rebuild, that's the way to go. The pick's the nets give would be just as bad as our picks. But I have a slanted view...
laugh.gif

"Stuckey balking at Pistons' five-year, $40-45 million offer. His people [are] threatening to take Pistons' one-year qualifying offer. If they do, he's an unrestricted FA in summer of 2012." tweeted Ford.

laugh.gif
This Guy...No team is gonna pay him that much so just sign my dude

Originally Posted by gangsta207therevolution

Originally Posted by hpscots0906

Like I always said about the Odom trade, and the pick.
Orlando didnt want to trade for more or Equal salary salary unless it was Bynum and Gasol coming back.  Heck even  the NBA/ New Orleans knows they cant take back Odom. While the pick wasn't Odom's value, it helps, cause you dont have to sell a team on taking 20 million in salary. Realistically, was Orlando ever going to take back Odom in a trade? Was the NBA ever gone take Odom back in a trade? NO had concerns after that Thursday twitter meltdown.
Houston being the 4 seed with Nene out west wasn't that far fetched. Young legs, and good talent. But not having Nene shouldn't keep them out the playoffs.
Since you are talking so much about playoffs who are your playoff teams? here is mine as the teams currently stand
Lakers
Clippers
Spurs
Mavs
Rockets
Portland
Memphis
OKC
The order as of right now is to be determined.
There is no one on the market for Denver, and NO to significantly improve themselves to get back
Utah could click, but they could also trade the vets they have.
Golden State hasn't made a move, and Mark Jackson will be worse than Keith Smart was, but he will play Steph.....
Phoenix? Robin Lopez, and Gortat could be a very good front court on D, but they still will have to play guys like Channing Frye,  Shannon Brown, and Josh Childress
Hey that's my opinion. Though.
Your turn Doink
wink.gif
But you said the Mavs season last year was a fluke
Winning the title= fluke. Getting to the playoffs? The norm.
HOLY COW...you can't be serious with this charade of discrediting Dallas over and over...stop give props or keep it moving. How is it a fluke, THEY RAN THROUGH THE BEST TEAMS IN THE NBA TO GET TO THE CHAMPIONSHIP.
Beat Portland, Swept LA, Beat OKC, and beat Miami...WHAT MORE COULD YOU WANT TO PROVE YOURSELF?!!?!??

Originally Posted by tupac003

frown.gif

And that's why you take the Andrew deal..he has a TEAM option next year...you can shed that contract and send hedo's contract over as well. If your going to rebuild, that's the way to go. The pick's the nets give would be just as bad as our picks. But I have a slanted view...
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
obviously you have a slanted view. But why not just rebuild now? How is Bynum going to help? Bynum is 1 jump away from being out for the season. He acts like a little %!@## many times, and this is when he's on a championship team. Just imagine the attitude he'll have on a team competing for the #1 pick in next years draft. If they had any chance in the east, I'd say risk it with Bynum. But they won't, so what's the point?

Originally Posted by 10027

Originally Posted by hpscots0906

How can you say it was a fluke though? They won the title, what more concrete proof does there need to be?

I dunno about 'fluke' but I can understand one argument...  I love the Mavs but the best comparison is the '08 Giants.  They had a talented but not stellar team that hit its peak (or went beyond its peak) at exactly the right time.  They'll be good next year but they're not automatic title favorites because they're far from the most talented team in the league and they could easily revert to the norm (playoffs, first or second round exit).
Only real thing you can expect to stay consistent about that team is Dirk carrying them on his back year in, year out.  The other guys have always been incredibly inconsistent (looking at you, Jason Terry)

Its not even that just Terry, and Marion playing like they did in their primes. That's to be expected in the finals especially. It was a combination of getting every matchup.LA on its last legs? No Memphis or even San Antonio? And those series being exclusively based on matchups.  They avoided every bad matchup they could have gotten.

Its just my opinion but they are the most flawed team to win a title in the past 30 years.
They are the most flawed team to win a title in the past 30 years. To me that qualifies as a fluke.
I like Dirk, like a lot of the guys on their team. Don't think you can quantify having a group of vets who are desperate for a title, and play their +$%++ off to win. But the bottom line is that 3 of the teams they played beat themselves.
ohwell.gif

They wont win 40 games this year.

Another thing that bothered me is the all time PF discussions guys like Japan, CP, Pmatic etc had this summer. If the guy was better than Karl Malone, he was better than Karl before he won the title. That playoff run to the finals wasn't better than either of Karl's. While I think Dirk is specifically better than Karl having a title doesn't elevate him as much as we want to think. I'm taking Barkley's prime over anything Dirk does. Even if Barkley doesn't do it. That's my personal opinion, but its indicative of what I felt about last year basketball wise.

This is ridiculous. When Dirk and Tyson played together they had the best record in the NBA, then in the postseason they proved they were best. Im not high on their title defense because Tyson is gone but when fully healthy they proved they were best team in the NBA hands down. I don't see how an argument can be made.

I don't know if that's a bad trade for the Magic.

The Nets are basically offering to eat EVERY bad contract the Magic has given out in the past.

Originally Posted by The Wizard

I don't know if that's a bad trade for the Magic.

The Nets are basically offering to eat EVERY bad contract the Magic has given out in the past.

Deron has clearly stated that they'll need more pieces that just DHoward for him to stay. If they take on all those contracts, and still have their own bad contracts I don't see him wanting to stay, defeats the purpose. Maybe the Nets can let DWill walk and then turn around and offer max money to CP3.

What other bad contract besides Hedo (which anyone would have to take presumably to get D12) are the Nets taking on. Duhon is making just under 3.5 million this season. I could see if they were getting Jameer or even JJ Back but they aren't. Still don't see what the end game is, plus Gerald Wallace is making 10 million this year with a player option for 11 million next season. So how much money are they really saving?

Idk. Don't know what Lakers management is doing, but hell I'd give up Bynum and Pau in a second for Dwight.

Originally Posted by tupac003

frown.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
obviously you have a slanted view. But why not just rebuild now? How is Bynum going to help? Bynum is 1 jump away from being out for the season. He acts like a little %!@## many times, and this is when he's on a championship team. Just imagine the attitude he'll have on a team competing for the #1 pick in next years draft. If they had any chance in the east, I'd say risk it with Bynum. But they won't, so what's the point?

You can't rebuild now if you take wallace's contract. He has a player option..Drew has a team option. You can dump drew at the end of the year and have nothing on your cap basically. Plus drew is from New Jersey...I'm sure he wouldn't mind playing at home...
wink.gif
laugh.gif
 I just want D-12 in a laker Uniform but I know it's not going to happen.
tired.gif

Originally Posted by DubA169

I would offer both Bynum and pau. Wouldn't even give much thought. U have to do it
It would've been an easier deal to offer if Odom was still in LA but at this point with how the roster looks, I understand LA's skepticism.

It should be a no brainer, Bynum and Pau + fillers for Dwight and Hedo. Amnesty Hedo after this season. Free up more cap space to go after one of the free agent PGs in the offseason, but what do I know. We aren't going to win a title with the roster that's in Los Angeles now, so why not get a cornerstone/franchise player to anchor you for the next 5-10 years.

u cant amnesty traded players.... you can only amnesty players on your own roster before this cba... so any new free agent signings this summer cant be amnestied either

Yep just read that part in the clause my mistake. But they could say amnesty someone and still get that cap room. It still would save the Lakers about 5 million and at least give more flexibility than being locked in to Kobe, Pau and Drew's (if he ends up staying) contracts until 2014.

Originally Posted by CP1708

The Melo deal was bad enough, having 2 deals like that would be insane. 
The funny ***# is Stern forced himself on the CP3 deal and wants to dictate where he'll go and at what price because he didn't want a repeat of the Melo drama last year...yet he's made this situation look much, much worse than Melo's and it's a bigger blow to the image of the league with the actions he's taken as GM of the Hornets/Commissioner.

Back
Top Bottom